The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

haha, each day I come here now there is more written than I can rightly respond too.  That's a good thing though.

Has the trio said that they grew apart?  I guess I've read comments that indicate they might not be close, close friends, but even given that scenario I think that would be fine.  They have all grown up and I believe that most of us develop our truest friendships as adults when our personalities and the personalities of those we are close to, are much more developed.

I think that all three respect each other.  I know some really good people who I simply don't "click with" as friends.  I've had good friends too where we grew apart from each other.  While differences generally cause that to happen, I can fairly say I could still go for a drink with those people and not feel awkward or uncomfortable.  To me if Dan and Rupert couldn't bare to be around one another, that would be unfortunate.  I doubt that is the case though.  I have casual friends who I have gone years between the times when I've seen them.  They are not the people I would entrust my heart to, or keep something in confidence with, but I can go out and have a good time with them. 

Hopefully Dan and Rupert are still able to do that, and so long as that is the case, then I still think that is a great thing. JMO on how they might feel about one another.

worse case scenario, if they can not stand to be around one another, then they are both the wiser for staying apart and not talking about it in the media.  I'm sure there are people who do not like me in my life, as long as they do not go around talking about me to the people I really care about and try to paint me in a bad light, then I can respect that they don't like me.  Like anyone I have my faults that are going to rub some people the wrong way.  Just the same, the people I don't really care for I try not to talk about.  For one thing.. is it really worth my time?  And for another, the way we treat others comes back to us, and I don't need any bad karma. lol

(grintsonforever) I didn't mean to go on about that quite as I did, my response is merely getting my opinion out there because I've heard that concern (that Dan and Rupert might not get along quite so well as they once did) expressed by several people.

Rupert, Emma and Dan have had a lot of sweet moments and all seem to have good heads on their shoulders.  It's so nice to see that relative to a number of the issues we've seen here in the states over the years from childhood stars.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cbmac12 - lol. thanks!

can somebody close to the producers of that show make the petition? pretty please with a large cherry on top? 

yeah. plus it was an improvised scene wasn't it? i read somewhere (maybe here. lol) that david yates asked them to just improv the scene because it wasn't really included in the script. and i think if you improv things, there's still a side of you that slips through instead of your characters. so i think that's the reason why it seems so much more like an r/e moment than r/hr. also, the "like this?" part doesn't seem like hermione. i can picture hermione saying something like: "its all physics right? so i have to pick the flattest stone, put it in a so and so angle.....". that scene was so emma. however, rupert seems so much like ron that when he's acting, its kinda hard to distinguish the two. i think that the only major difference between ron and rupert is that rupert is so much calmer than ron is. rupert isn't hot-headed. :)

OMG wouldnt that be cool?!! LOL...producers get that going!! LOL....

Yes it was improv...Yates went to them and said just do this and this is what we got...Grintsonforever-your imitation of Hermione vs Emma was SO spot on....when Emma was talking it was her-so not Hermione ;-) I also love the way she says "wow, you reeled it"...it has Emma's "accent" not Hermione's....agree with you about Rupert-he is more laid back and lot calmer than Ron ;)

The rock throwing scene, you can feel the sexual tension-what's awesome about it was that they are not R/Hr there ;) hehe...also watch when Emma is trying to get out of the way of Rupert throwing-she is so sweet with him...plus the drooling-we see her checking him out...heehee....I also love how they "look" with those smirks at each other-most adorable thing ever.

i also think rupert bought those chickens. it would really fit well with his purchases so far. :)) plus, who else do we know around emma who really likes quirky things?

yeah. the only really sweet moment that i saw between dan and rupert was the miniature outside pingpong thing, and between emma and dan the sleeping thing in between breaks. whereas even in the bts, there are a lot more r/e moments. i wonder why they (the trio) drifted apart though? :(

when i was reading your "rupert was known as the worse for laughing" i remembered the interview of matt lewis where he said the exact same thing. so while i was reading it, his voice was in my head as i read your entire post. looool.

i wonder why emma was so giggly through that scene. i remember seeing somewhere that it was the first time that she was laughing so hard. loool. maybe she spent lots of times with someone who also could not hold his laughter.  *hem hem*

Oh gosh YES...I mean WHO else would buy her CHICKENS? The king of the animals that's who- He has what? pig, llamas, donkey,....

I know that has been the onlt thing I saw between Rupert and Dan too with BTS...otherwise it was always Rupert with the twins or Tom. You saw alot more R/E moments BTS than Rupert and Dan...I hope it is not because Rupert and Emma could have been feeling uncomfortable with Dan's drinking. Sadly he had a problem when he would come on set during DH (but very proud of Dan for having taken care of it before it got out of control). Also, it seemed like Dan had really started to move on from Potter-which if you ask me was very smart of him-he needed to start removing himself from it-was probably going to be the hardest for him to move on since he was after all the lead. So in alot of ways, I think because R/E were doing all the post Potter stuff together without Dan, they were closest. Side note: how cute was it that even though Emma was not able to attend the Potter opening in Orlando, that she went alone with the twins and Robbie Coltrane. I don't know why but her being with the twins was so cute-like they were there to watch and keep safe their "lil sister" :) That just made me smile.

Well I have a feeling Mr. Giggles rubbed off on Mrs. Giggles for the losing it during filming LOL...

btw, nice observation about the differences in the grips. i was so focused on r/e handholding that sometimes i disregard dan even if he's there in the picture too. lol.

lumosasphodel39 - yey! I'm not the only girl like that. that's a relief. my girl friends are all shopaholics. O-o i think during the earlier times, rupert was really shy about touching emma but from their holding hands during the later films, especially the last one, they were more comfortable around each other to the point that they grip their hands together. i think the good thing about dan is that he's comfortable around everyone. he's not shy. he's very open. rupert's shy but that's one of the things why i love him. btw, thanks for sharing the pic. i love it when they hold hands. and now we have a pic of a collage of their holding hands. thanks!  :happydance:

Thanks.... I just was looking at it was like Emma's hand is just placed like a sister's in her brother's hand (Dan's) whereas with Rupert, it was linked around his fingers. Dan is def not shy-I mean to this day I still can't believe he did Equus. But am so proud of his courage to do something like that while filming Potter. I mean that could have hurt Potter but he took a chance and he did well. Says alot about Dan. 

Who wants to make that collage? ;-)

As to Jon...Jon I know what you mean...there were rumors about Dan and Rupert not being close etc all because of one stupid interview Dan did where the reporters as always took things out of context. Dan said he and Rupert don't text each other and talk whenever they see each other and it is a how are you doing deal. Blah blah...Dan and Rupert formed a bond that no one else can take away from them. Dan may not be as close as Rupert is with the other guys but we know Dan and Rupert will always be friendly with each other.

Back to R/E ;-) Sorry for the brief intermssion (the one in the brig took us OT JON!!! J/k)....anyone else see that clip on the Potter Blu ray where Emma takes her video camera into Rupert's dressing room and records him as he is exiting out?  His lil grin is SO cute...

Edited by cbmac12

Has the trio said that they grew apart?  I guess I've read comments that indicate they might not be close, close friends, but even given that scenario I think that would be fine.  They have all grown up and I believe that most of us develop our truest friendships as adults when our personalities and the personalities of those we are close to, are much more developed.

I think that all three respect each other.  I know some really good people who I simply don't "click with" as friends.  I've had good friends too where we grew apart from each other.  While differences generally cause that to happen, I can fairly say I could still go for a drink with those people and not feel awkward or uncomfortable.  To me if Dan and Rupert couldn't bare to be around one another, that would be unfortunate.  I doubt that is the case though.  I have casual friends who I have gone years between the times when I've seen them.  They are not the people I would entrust my heart to, or keep something in confidence with, but I can go out and have a good time with them. 

Hopefully Dan and Rupert are still able to do that, and so long as that is the case, then I still think that is a great thing. JMO on how they might feel about one another.

Jon, you raise some good points re:Dan. I think that the fact that he's an only child is why he seemed so distant with all the other kids on set.

When you're an only child, your best friends are your parents. The parents look on the only child as an equal, with whom they can have adult conversations.

Look at Emma, Rupert, Tom, Bonnie--they all have siblings, and are used to having many brothers/sisters to go to. Dan only has his parents. That's why

he hung around Gary Oldham and the older cast members. He just probably felt he didn't fit in with the other kids.

I have several friends that are an only-child, and my one friend just lost her mom last year. Eventhough she's married, her loss was really tragic--she

did everything with her mom. Her mom was her best friend and confidant. Really sad. :mellow:

Wow...that really speaks volumes doesnt it Dee? I mean Dan did hang more with the older actors whereas R/E, Bonnie, and Tom hung out with each other or with young casts members. That is sad about your friend Dee...I think no matter how old we get, when we lose a parent, it still hurts.

Back OT with Grintson ;)

Emma has a shoot where she is wearing a tank top...her hair looks so good here too...anyway I just find it adorable that Emma and Rupert have a pic similar to each other (without Emma posing for the bicep flexes ;))

They are just beautiful together...guys can you picture what their kids would look like? They would be beautiful lil gingers!!! ;)

credit deeply inside..... :)

"Rupert just has a wicked sense of humor and he’s very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He’s like a big kid. I feel like he’ll never grow up, which I love.''
- Emma Watson

I am trying to post the similar pic of Rupert to Emma! I cant find it! LOL...it is where he is flexing his muscles with his hair slicked back and in a tank top....he looks GOOD ;-)

Oh Jon, that sounds sad.I really hope not. I agree about that Dan being the only kid he felt closer to the adults.

I don¨t think they grew apart. I think they'll always will have their trio bond. But I've sort of felt that Dan moved on after HP once they had their good-bye-cries while Rupert and Emma did seem to mourn a bit. And I felt that Emma and Rupert -SHIPPING ASIDE-was a bit closer the last two films. :)

I think I remember dan saying somewhere that "they don't live in each others pockets but they keep in touch and that they care for each other or something.

cbmac12 - lol. thanks! :D

can somebody close to the producers of that show make the petition? pretty please with a large cherry on top? 

yeah. plus it was an improvised scene wasn't it? i read somewhere (maybe here. lol) that david yates asked them to just improv the scene because it wasn't really included in the script. and i think if you improv things, there's still a side of you that slips through instead of your characters. so i think that's the reason why it seems so much more like an r/e moment than r/hr. also, the "like this?" part doesn't seem like hermione. i can picture hermione saying something like: "its all physics right? so i have to pick the flattest stone, put it in a so and so angle.....". that scene was so emma. :D however, rupert seems so much like ron that when he's acting, its kinda hard to distinguish the two. i think that the only major difference between ron and rupert is that rupert is so much calmer than ron is. rupert isn't hot-headed. :)

i also think rupert bought those chickens. it would really fit well with his purchases so far. :)) plus, who else do we know around emma who really likes quirky things? ;)

yeah. the only really sweet moment that i saw between dan and rupert was the miniature outside pingpong thing, and between emma and dan the sleeping thing in between breaks. whereas even in the bts, there are a lot more r/e moments. i wonder why they (the trio) drifted apart though? :(

when i was reading your "rupert was known as the worse for laughing" i remembered the interview of matt lewis where he said the exact same thing. so while i was reading it, his voice was in my head as i read your entire post. looool.

i wonder why emma was so giggly through that scene. i remember seeing somewhere that it was the first time that she was laughing so hard. loool. maybe she spent lots of times with someone who also could not hold his laughter. ;) *hem hem*

btw, nice observation about the differences in the grips. i was so focused on r/e handholding that sometimes i disregard dan even if he's there in the picture too. lol. :D

lumosasphodel39 - yey! I'm not the only girl like that. that's a relief. my girl friends are all shopaholics. O-o i think during the earlier times, rupert was really shy about touching emma but from their holding hands during the later films, especially the last one, they were more comfortable around each other to the point that they grip their hands together. i think the good thing about dan is that he's comfortable around everyone. he's not shy. he's very open. rupert's shy but that's one of the things why i love him. btw, thanks for sharing the pic. i love it when they hold hands. and now we have a pic of a collage of their holding hands. thanks!  :happydance:

I love your post!

Edited by trixie

Trixie, I know!!! I love grintsonforever's post too ;-)

As for getting back to R/E and Dan...I agree Trixie-I felt that R/E were a lot closer to each other than Dan was to them...even looking at the premiere, R/E had tears/crying. Dan not so much. Now could be he had cried all he had left after that last day of shooting. But it seemed that he was "done" with Potter once he left to do his play and movie. R/E on the other hand, continued to mourn it...even at the press conferences, R/E agreed that they are lost without it (back in 2011). Dan didn't show for it because he was doing the play and am sure contract wise he had to perform but it would have been interesting to hear what he would say. Since he has left Potter, he doesn't seem to be "longing" for his old role. I mean he will always love Harry I am sure but when asked if he would reprieve the role of Harry, his answer was he would only if he played a different character or something LOL...anyway R/E I believe being together with being told they got their roles and then having ended up with each other at their last press conference together was PE/Rfect ;)

Ok can I just say THIS is my favorite Grintson moment yall:

They make each other laugh...are making each other comfortable with a scene where they have to kiss in front of MANY people ;) She hits his chest to calm herself-she does it a couple of times...he just looks at her and continues to smile. SO CUTE....

Btw courtesy of bloody brilliant tumblr.

Hey guys, Daniel was not a big fan of the series before the movies and still is not (he only have Philosopher's Stone in their list of books as a tribute), now Rupert and Emma, was and still is a big fan like us. There is a video of Lancome (I think it was with Ricky Gervais) where she says that her favorite book is Harry Potter. And Rupert (on backstage the CBGB) seemed happy with a Harry Potter book.

He does look like Ricky Gervais!!! LOL....

Awwww Emma....Harry Potter-her favorite FAVORITE book ;-) I do remember Rupert saying HP is his favorite book too...awww...I believe Emma said her favorite HP book was always PoA but loved them all...Rupert the same thing loving all the Potter books....R/E SOULMATES yall...plain and simple ;)

Thanks for posting Lumos....I miss her hair being that short but have missed her long hair too. :)

Edited by cbmac12

Credit to otterly brilliant tumblr who is brilliant ;)

THIS is my new phone screensaver ;) I mean the PASSION/DESIRE/LOVE....that is the most beautiful pic I have ever seen of them...they are made of all pretty :)

TRUE DAT girl TRUE DAT!!!!!!! ;-)

Here is a "recent" pic of them from 2011....LOVE this photocall of them together....so relaxed and comfortable with each other like spouses are with each other ;)

Credit-bloody brilliant tumblr...

TRUE DAT girl TRUE DAT!!!!!!! ;-)

Here is a "recent" pic of them from 2011....LOVE this photocall of them together....so relaxed and comfortable with each other like spouses are with each other ;)

Credit-bloody brilliant tumblr...  TRUE DAT!!

And bless you girl for sharing THE AWSOME here.

HEEHEE you are so welcome Trixie!!! :)

I just got back from Colorado-anyone not been there-be a place to visit-take at least 5 days! Worth it!

AWWW thanks for posting-there are plenty of pics of just the 2 of them together at DH1 premiere-there is one ( I can't find it) but saw it recently where R/E are having their arms around each other and they are looking away and their mouths are wide open like in surprise-they are looking in same direction. SO sweet!!! I wish I could find it...if any of my fellow shippers know what I am talking about-post away  :)

Tell me these 2 are not meant to be together: the synch movements kill me.

Credit to bloody brilliant tumblr...

Edited by cbmac12

I just got back from Colorado-anyone not been there-be a place to visit-take at least 5 days! Worth it!

AWWW thanks for posting-there are plenty of pics of just the 2 of them together at DH1 premiere-there is one ( I can't find it) but saw it recently where R/E are having their arms around each other and they are looking away and their mouths are wide open like in surprise-they are looking in same direction. SO sweet!!! I wish I could find it...if any of my fellow shippers know what I am talking about-post away  :)

Wow is so similar a scene in GOF.

Hey guys, you know something about the number 8, 18 and 19.., http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/rupert-grint-and-emma-watson/articles/127186/title/reasons-why-emma-watson-loves-rupert-grint  this is real? 

I couldn't find the photo, but I have another synch xD

and a gift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xLhO900pvI

Wow is so similar a scene in GOF.

Hey guys, you know something about the number 8, 18 and 19.., http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/rupert-grint-and-emma-watson/articles/127186/title/reasons-why-emma-watson-loves-rupert-grint  this is real? 

8- maybe she said that when hp finished, but I think its about miss him

18- Idk if she did it passionately xd, but yes probably

19- I dont remember

Edited by Adebisi

I LOVE YOU ADEBISI!!!!! :) Omg please post more here! That in sync pic was perfection-I don't think I have ever seen that before!

Did you all see Rupert's lil eyebrow raise when Emma said she wanted to kiss him on the cheek? :wub:

Lumos-that was awesome! Where did you find this?? I think I can come up with 100 reasons ;) heehee....

I know Adebisi posted the vid...but I had to post screen caps!! ;-)

The looks...the smile from Emma-can't take her eyes off him...she gets up closer to him...and of course Rupert's eye waggle...need we say more ;-)

GRINTSON ROCKS!!!! :wub:

Edited by cbmac12