The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Jo always told Rupert we would get married. He bought me a ring one day--like the

candy rings. We were artificially married for an hour, until I ate off the ring"--Emma Watson  

Was that the "promise ring" he gave her????

Btw--Emma's tweet re:Wonderland---"Being an editor,,,,Not totally easy eh?  I didn't know Emma

was a Yooper--eh????

yeah, you're the best leader.

Pumpkinhead, i guess you're just still mad at me because windies always win hahahah just kidding. you posted nice pictures :)

On the contrary Junkie.  I was trying to compliment you and I was willing to bequest my vote for captain to you .. but my motives did have a bit of an alterior design, for I feined bravely the hope that I might in turn win favour from one of the Windies so that the Windudes might actually stand a chance for once.  Alas, it was not to be and to my chagrin there is no proclivity towards Benedict Arnold (a little American History there) or Brutus in your loyal lot.   (TRANSLATION: I was trying to get you to turn on the other girls and help me out a little!)

Dang it all!  Aren't girls not supposed to trust each other?  Why all the unity and harmony between you Windies? :rolleye:  Surely Thessalie or Linda must have done SOMETHING at SOMETIME to piss you off at least once?  >.< :P *fingers crossed*

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on the pictures btw. :):P

Oh, and Kristin... you see... I wasn't ReeeEALLY trying to start a mutiny here... I was just trying to manipulate Junkie into helping me in one of the Wind House thread games where I always lose.  :lol:  Sooooo... maybe my methods were a bit misguided and perhaps my actions could be described as a little bit less than honorable... BUT... BUT... to my defense, you kind of opened the door when you offered up the captain-ship to her.  :puh: *when you grow up with a twin brother you learn at an early age to always deflect blame*  :rolleye0012:

'Jo always told Rupert we would get married. He bought me a ring one day--like the

candy rings. We were artificially married for an hour, until I ate off the ring"--Emma Watson  

Was that the "promise ring" he gave her????

Btw--Emma's tweet re:Wonderland---"Being an editor,,,,Not totally easy eh?  I didn't know Emma

was a Yooper--eh????

Dee, is a Yooper someone from North Dakota or Canada?

Rupert and Emma spent enough years together on HP stuff that they probably qualify for a common-law marriage if England's laws are anything like New York States'.  :king:

Heck, with the power vested in me I'm gonna say they've likely been married for the last 6 years or so, but they just didn't know it.  :D 

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Trixie, honestly I couldn't agree more...the love here just rocks :)

The pics Jon: you are on probation by the way for the brig for now instead of owing 3 months ;) I loooooove the way R/E look at each other...so cute too the way Yates is watching them and smiling awww...

Awww junkie, yeah well I try with our fun crew- thanks :)

Dee....yessssss yessss yessss the ring comment...tbh don't know where the eh came from Lol...hmmm Lol

Jon, your comments are the best... Lol yes 6 years now ;)

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

tumblr_muy0aqzPld1shrqr1o1_500.png

tumblr_myxyuee31s1sfue80o1_500.jpg

tumblr_myrzdrRFFp1t89mzio1_500.gif

tumblr_myr8deqo5j1r8v6ydo1_500.png

Due to the background being blacked out and Rupert's "coat" having taken on a remarkable chameleon-like quality to seemlessly blend in with it, I'd say the first pic is more than likely photoshopped.

'Jo always told Rupert we would get married.  He bought me a ring one day--like the candy rings.  We were artificially married for an hour, until I ate off the ring"--Emma Watson

What is the source of this quote?  Is it from an online article or a video interview?  I did a search and the only sites which came up were tumblrs.

Hey Jon--Yoopers are from the Upper Pennisula of Michigan. I spend lots of summers there,

and they really are the most down to earth people. They also make plural singular words---Youse

guys eh? There's fun rivalry between da Yoopers and the downstate Michiganders that live

below the Mackinac bridge and are considered "city folk". 

Now berrytea, that quote was from a magazine article--probably during the same time she was filming HP,

and must have been around the same time she talked about hanging around Rupert's trailer and playing

with his fun toys and eating candy. She gives so many interviews and most of the time magazine interviews

only give excerpts--so you'll buy the magazine. The ppl that run the tumblrs have the magazines and then

use the quote. 

I don't think that Great Hall photo is photo shopped. It looks like it was a personal photo that made its way

online. The only way we'll ever know, is if R/E themselves answer.

Hey LIGHT BULB!!! I think it would be a great idea if Dooks could verify Emma, and have her own thread

to answer ?'s. 

Once again why don't you just not come here- we clearly annoy you so why play the role of ruining fun discussions... It's like you wait to see when we have fun with each other and then you have to come in and well be rude and negative...I watched the video of R/E when they filmed And he was by her side almost the whole time- being a good friend and protecting her...as for Great Hall photo- it was after they won heir awards...but you know what? I think most if not all of us are sick to death explaining things on here. Do you even like R/E? If not- why are you here!?!?! It truly boggles my mind. Like I said unless you have something fun and worthwhile to add to our discussion, then we would love it. But if you are going to pick at every I do mean every photo then please think about your decision to be here. Guys honestly we need to ignore this troll and I think the more we don't respond to it, the better off we will be.

SS is right- from fans tumblrs who get magazine quotes...there have been hundreds of magazines so who knows what magazines they are in. As for your Michigan comments...too funny SS ;)

I wouldn't want that for Emma to be honest SS- she would be bombarded with questions...inappropriate ones we know and also too she would probably feel bad not answering everyone's comments. It wold be cool but yeah I see that as not working. I suppose she could pick ones to answer she felt were not too intrusive but yeah I don't see it. But it was a cool suggestion SS :)

"I really miss those kinds of scenes between Hermione and Ron where you would really laugh. And I did a play when I was at Brown, I did Chekov, and it was The Three Sisters and it was a really dark comedy and I really enjoyed getting to make people laugh. So yeah, it’s definitely something I want to do."

I am sitting here watching OOTP and YES TOTALLY MISS THESE SCENES ;) R/E are comedy gold together ;)

Classic: Hermione stuns Ron ;) and the ever famous lines: "do you ever stop eating...what? I''m hungry"...ahhhh miss those two together ;)

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Once again why don't you just not come here- we clearly annoy you so why play the role of ruining fun discussions... It's like you wait to see when we have fun with each other and then you have to come in and well be rude and negative...I watched the video of R/E when they filmed And he was by her side almost the whole time- being a good friend and protecting her...as for Great Hall photo- it was after they won heir awards...but you know what? I think most if not all of us are sick to death explaining things on here. Do you even like R/E? If not- why are you here!?!?! It truly boggles my mind. Like I said unless you have something fun and worthwhile to add to our discussion, then we would love it. But if you are going to pick at every I do mean every photo then please think about your decision to be here. Guys honestly we need to ignore this troll and I think the more we don't respond to it, the better off we will be.

SS is right- from fans tumblrs who get magazine quotes...there have been hundreds of magazines so who knows what magazines they are in. As for your Michigan comments...too funny SS ;)

I wouldn't want that for Emma to be honest SS- she would be bombarded with questions...inappropriate ones we know and also too she would probably feel bad not answering everyone's comments. It wold be cool but yeah I see that as not working. I suppose she could pick ones to answer she felt were not too intrusive but yeah I don't see it. But it was a cool suggestion SS :)

"I really miss those kinds of scenes between Hermione and Ron where you would really laugh. And I did a play when I was at Brown, I did Chekov, and it was The Three Sisters and it was a really dark comedy and I really enjoyed getting to make people laugh. So yeah, it’s definitely something I want to do."

I am sitting here watching OOTP and YES TOTALLY MISS THESE SCENES ;) R/E are comedy gold together ;)

Classic: Hermione stuns Ron ;) and the ever famous lines: "do you ever stop eating...what? I''m hungry"...ahhhh miss those two together ;)

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1. I've also watched videos of that night/morning's filming in Piccadilly Circus, like this one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrEmkAswk_8 .  I've also gone through every single pic in the snitchseeker photo gallery album:  http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=950 .  Yes, there are many images of Rupert and Emma standing next to each other (I never said there wasn't), but the pic Junkie found on tumblr and posted appears to be a fake.  You said you watched a video of that night, so why don't you provide a link to this video and the time when the pic Junkie posted appears?

The 2nd pic Junkie posted in that set (Rupert and Emma sitting in the Great Hall) has a dark background, yet Rupert's body/jacket is clearly defined.

The same cannot be said for the Piccadilly Circus one.

2. I never said anything about the Great Hall pic being a fake.

3. I've picked at every photo?  That's a lie and you know it.

I saw this and all I can say is Emma might want to rethink her use of sunscreen/sunblockers. Sunscreen blocks the

natural production of Vitamin D in your body and is loaded with toxins and chemicals.

http://www.ewg.org/2013sunscreen/the-trouble-with-sunscreen-chemicals/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/07/30/increase-vitamin-d-levels.aspx  

Number one beauty tip for all girls that look up to you.

Credit:Deeply-inside tumblr

Ehhh, she's from England!  Who really needs sunscreen there anyway?  :P  Thanks for explaining what a Yooper is and great tea party line btw Dee!  Just to make things clear though, we were talking about Rupert and Emma and not the Republicans right?  Even though the "throw over board" scenario is probably not so bad in either case. :lol:  :P;)

Thanks Trixie!  When I think about shipping, I think it's always important to try and keep a sense of humor about it.  

Not to make fun of it... BUT... to have fun with it.  Hopefully we all do that here.  After all, this ship is a joyful, positive affirmation of some of the great things we observe in Emma and Rupert, especially so when they are together.   When we're that way with eachother we reflect that sense of cosmic positivity to them I hope!  :)

Ehhh, she's from England!  Who really needs sunscreen there anyway?  :P  Thanks for explaining what a Yooper is and great tea party line btw Dee!  Just to make things clear though, we were talking about Rupert and Emma and not the Republicans right?  Even though the "throw over board" scenario is probably not so bad in either case. :lol:  :P;)

Thanks Trixie!  When I think about shipping, I think it's always important to try and keep a sense of humor about it.  

Your welcome!  +Absolute agree:)

Not to make fun of it... BUT... to have fun with it.  Hopefully we all do that here.  After all, this ship is a joyful, positive affirmation of some of the great things we observe in Emma and Rupert, especially so when they are together.   When we're that way with eachother we reflect that sense of cosmic positivity to them I hope!  :)

Aww that is so sweet and true! This thread is cosmic positive and both Rupert and Emma deservs it.

Its fun to see this thread alive and well after all this time!

Heehee I mean right?! ;)

OMG the chickens- to this day I find it hysterical that she has chickens and got it as a gift....

Graduation and then....TBC ;) (to be continued heehee)

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are Ralph and Lauren the names of the chickens?

Not that she would know or cares, but I'm proud of Emma for graduating.  It's something she didn't have to do.  It says a lot about her that she accomplished a goal she set out for herself.  Some people I know have been critical of how she went about getting to that goal.  I admire some of those people a lot but I disagree with them.  Life gives all of us twists and turns.  Emma's ability to stick with school and graduate from an extremely prominant institution is inspirational to young girls, to young aspiring actors and anyone who views her as a role model.

I'm sure that Rupert and those closest to her admire and respect her for it. 

Lol yes the chickens- I was laughing when I saw that the first time :)

Agree 110% Jon- Emma did NOT have to pursue her degree- at all...she not only is on her way to completing her goal, but is also doing in pretty much a quick amount of time even with time she took off. I respect and love Emma for this very much. As for Rupert, I bet he is very proud and impressed by what his best mate did after and during HP.

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Been sick...worst flu I have ever had...slept all day and night...for a week...back to work and forums...

Ok I know we are enough to say the least annoyed with JKR but again it is what it is and why JKR said the things she said who knows...but it was not as bad as I felt we were all making it...

Anyway this made me think SO much of R/E.... JKR said "you need someone who takes life or appears to take life a little more light heartedly Emma: "Definitely so important"...JKR:"uptight girls do like them funny"...Emma: They do like them funny, they need them funny....hmmmm so who do we know likes a funny man...needs a funny man....;) I am sorry but I never found Ron to be THAT funny but he is funny don't get me wrong I just find Rupert to be funnier ;)

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Well I just think a little unfair to comparative ... Ron is such as amazing guy and we never had chance to see it with Hermione at the wedding (in higher levels)... the books was all about Harry. But he always was a lot fun even in top a blind dragon! The difference is that Rupert has no such "the younger brother" problems as he is the oldest of the brothers.

But yeah Rupert and Emma are very similar to the characters in some aspects. She simply is a "worm work" like Hermione, who just need to relax.

Glad you're back Kris and hope you're feeling better.

As I've been stating for several years, Emma has a very active old lady (soul) within her.

I was reading Emma's interview with Derek Blasberg and you can really see the old soul gave the interview. 

D: But you’re not as puritanical as that, Emma.
E: I feel like I’ve been given a lot of credit where it isn’t due that I don’t like to party. The truth is that I’m genuinely a shy, socially awkward, introverted person. At a big party, I’m like Bambie in the headlights. It’s too much stimulation for me, which is why I end up going to the bathroom! I need time outs! You’ve seen me at parties, Derek. I get anxious. I’m terrible at small talk and I have a ridiculously short attention span.

Old soul translation: I hate going to these parties because I'm bored and I don't know what to say to these celebrities. I have nothing in common with them. That's why I hide out in the washrooms. I'd rather be home, reading a book by the fireplace.

On Bling Ring:

Did actress Emma Watson talk to Alexis Neiers about the film or the role?

"No," Emma Watson told Rookie magazine, "I haven't. To be fair to Alexis, [my character] is like three steps removed from who she might be in real life. A lot of the material in the movie was based on an article, which was based on a reality show, which we all know isn't real life. I wasn't trying to impersonate her—she just inspired the character."

In a separate interview, Emma Watson told British GQ magazine, "The character is everything that I felt strongly against - she's superficial, materialistic, vain, amoral. She's all of these things and I realized that I hated her. How do you play someone you hate?"

This old soul reply is pretty much explanatory.

Also, the old soul walked off the set of This is the End set. The old soul didn't comment on this, but instead took action. She was highly offended

and freaked out.

Many fans think that Emma is changing her mind too much. Well, actually the child in her signs the contract, and the old soul advises

her if she wants to do the role. The child in her wants to try everything, and the old soul just wants to get married and settle down.

I think that the old soul in a past life was a farmer's wife, married to Rupert (not his past life name).

Rupert may have been working out in the fields, got bit by a spider (btw, Cayce states that your phobias are how you died in your past life), Emma

went out to try and help/save him, she couldn't, and asked for another life and more time to spend with him.

The old soul in this life used HP as a catalyst to get together with Rupert in this life. Did you wonder why R/E were the first to be hired--even before

Dan???  Do you wonder why they like the same things and gravitate towards farm animals?

I think the old soul got more than she bargained for in terms of Emma's fame. If she would have had her way, she would have been married to

Rupert when she was 17/18, but she did as her parents wanted, and is finishing college. 

When you think of it, the old lady is her agent, manager, PR, gives the interviews (why do you think Emma speaks/acts heads and shoulders

above other actresses her age)? You can imagine a 100 yr old woman, getting all glammed up, walking the red carpet. I think she's getting

tired of doing this.

If the old soul has her way, I'm sure we'll soon see a HP themed wedding-----and then a few months later, Emma will cut her hair. :P

Lumos you made a very good point :) I think R/E are very similar to their characters too....

OMG Dee...while I don't believe in the notion of past lives (my best friend does) what you said is so well said...I mean WHO KNOWS? While I don't believe in past lives, the comments you make actually makes sense to me even though I don't buy into it. But what you said about R/E-I have said all along...I mean I know they were kids when they got these roles and all but it is a bit strange/cute that they both were hired at the same time and told together they got their roles. I mean they have a bunch in common really-eldest in their families, siblings' names are the same names as their own middle names, come from the same country, both love painting, sports, acting (of course ;)), are both rather introverted, shy.

As for Emma, what you said too makes sense. I have always seen Emma as this older person even when she was a kid. I remember seeing old interviews with her and thinking wow this girl seems older than what she is in real life. I think Rupert is the person who helps Emma act more like a kid if that makes sense LOL I remember in 2011 Emma said Rupert will never grow up and acts like a kid and I hope he never changes from being like that. Emma wants a guy who will be kid like yet is also responsible and will be a good daddy someday too. I mean acting like a kid keeps us all young. I look at my brother and I swear there are days when he is with his wife and the two you would never guess are parents of 4!! LOL But yes Emma does change her mind a lot but I think sometimes it also has to do with her trying to please others when all she needs to do is please herself. She is a good person with a good heart just like the Grint. Both have their flaws like all of us do but in the end are very caring people who try to make the right choices.

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Happy Valentines Day to our sweet couple too ;)

Lumos you made a very good point :) I think R/E are very similar to their characters too....

OMG Dee...while I don't believe in the notion of past lives (my best friend does) what you said is so well said...I mean WHO KNOWS? While I don't believe in past lives, the comments you make actually makes sense to me even though I don't buy into it. But what you said about R/E-I have said all along...I mean I know they were kids when they got these roles and all but it is a bit strange/cute that they both were hired at the same time and told together they got their roles. I mean they have a bunch in common really-eldest in their families, siblings' names are the same names as their own middle names, come from the same country, both love painting, sports, acting (of course ;)), are both rather introverted, shy.

I don´t buy too! But It's a kind of beautiful thing and they were together at the end holding the hand of the other. I thought "Oh they were remembering". 

That´s very cute.