The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

Unfortunately I don't grrrr LOL...

Every now and again people will come back :) we for awhile had a troll here and really sent people off. The troll is now gone so hopefully peeps will return! :) I miss my shippa buddies so ya'll come back and meet reality99 :)

Yes..avi is your profile pic and yes too adorable!!

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

All is quiet on GRINTSON front eh? no news is always good news ;) there literally is no news about either one- I swear the last thing we heard from them was before Christmas! Hopefully they are just getting to chill and relax. The Grint worked 4 long months each nite on stage and Emma worked 2 films not spread too far apart! They have earned it!!! :)

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Is it okay if I still ship them as friends and as for the romantic ship just keep that on the back burner? 

Not sure if I'm allowed to remain on the ship for that or not. >.<

I still want to ship them romantically, but only if it becomes clear that they are together at some point down the line.  Otherwise I feel like I'm potentially doing a bit of a disservice to their personal choices by now.  It's not like it's been a year or two.  I'm moving on to 5 years of shipperdom and I can't justify pushing for them to be together publically. 

Which is not to infer in any way that anyone else should be denied that opinion or a continued conviction for their romantic ship. 

I do still wish to hear news and get updates of them though and especailly so when they hang out together. At the very least they seem to be great friends and that's something I can celebrate guilt free.  :D

Belated Happy b-day to our Captain btw and belated Happy New Year to all. :doh: *sorry so late*

Oh, and welcome aboard reality99 === cute avatar.

LOL!!!! No you DEFINITELY relegated to the brig FOR A DETERMINED amount of time ;)

This is why I have always loved and respected your opinions Jon!! Unreal to think we have been shipping them for 5 years!! Woah!!!

I still feel/believe that they belong together with each other and it's not because I have been shipping them for 5 years either -I just see them as both very protective of each other and caring for each other. But I know when we all signed onto this ship, we knew that there is always the chance that they could end up with others. The only thing we care about truly are R/E happiness :) with that said, I believe each other is their happiness ;)

As for shipping their friendship- I can accept that as a requirement to be here ;) we do know they are best mates and they have lots in common with each other which is beyond sweet!!

So to sum up: until we see rings from others, I will go down with this ship!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

OINK OINK, ><  I forgot to metion that little Rupert and Emma inside shipper joke upon seeing reality99's profile picture (avatar).

Thanks Kristin! :)  I have no desire to jump ship, and that's impossible anyway when I'm in the brig! >.<  I think you've been shipping them even a bit longer than I have.  I started in March of 2010 on the old ew.net and you and Dumbledore's Woman and Galadriel were already there.  Even though Katharine and Sabine have stayed a bit more toward the Ron Hermione ship I think then the Rupert/Emma ship over these past several years.

Lumos!  I look forward to seeing what you put together.  Your pictures are always a beautiful tribute to the ship!

LUMOS MY FRIEND!!! Have missed yas!!! :) totally put these images on! Jon is so right- you do always have awesome images!!!

Hehe good boy Jon ;) yep the key is in my hands so you will be staying in the brig a bit longer ;)

Gosh I think it was around 2009 I did start shipping R/E...I shipped Romione when OOTP came out- up until then I just thought Romione was cute but didn't think of them yet as a couple- came late to the party LOL But even when I saw R/E together during OOTP days, I never shipped them together. It really was not until '09 that I started to ship Grintson :)

We have Emma playing Belle- in our wonderful imagination universe- BEAST would be Rupert ;) just so freakin excited that Emma will be playing the role I have always seen her to be perfect for!!!! :) ok Rupert, time to be the Beast ;) which btw he really is the beast when it comes to his roles :) he owns his scenes just like Emma!!!! :)

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I mean even look at the scene in Malfoy Manor when he says "Let her go" to Wormtail - he growls it and his eyes look like a lion's!!! Aside from the fact that it would be GRINTSON ;) but honestly I really see him as perfect Beast :) the make up would be covering him so much, no one would know it was Grint LOL

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

It has been way too long since I've been here! And what do I find? Recent posts from the old crew! Happy New Year indeed Cap'n and shipmates!

Plus a big welcome to reality99! It's a shame you've found us at are quietest spell, but hopefully that's what we need to set the ships a-sailing again!

Speaking of which, Jon I 100% agree with your post about shipping R/E. I still think these two would make a cute couple but given how long it's been since I saw them interact - seriously, how has it been that long?! - I don't feel I can legitimately link them romantically any more. I hope Rupert and Emma are very happy and I as always am eager to see what they do next. I miss hearing stories of their friendship and I hope they and the whole HP gang continue to be as strong friends as they were.

Your comment about 5 years has made me realise that in September it will be 10 years since I joined this forum. That's a whole decade. That's nearly half my life. That's how long it took to film the entire HP series. How has this happened? It's crazy to think I have known some of you longer than I've known some of my real-life friends. I may not visit so often and the community may not be so lively as it once was but I will always have an especial fondness for this place and its members. Thank you all for giving me a place to escape and enjoy HP for so long. <3 :)

Wow that got deep quickly.

Firewhisky, anyone?

God I miss Harry Potter.

HELL YEAHSSSSSSSSSSSS ;) Lumos YES...Junkie-GREAT IDEA RIGHT :)

DW GIRL!!!!! It has been a long time my friend!!! How are yas!!! See here's the thing, since you all had appointed me captain, I have to go down with the ship so I am on board still for them ;) but yeah, 5 years of my shipping and best thing ever because 1) they are perfect together and 2) I met you all :)

So....let's stay on the ship my crew LOL

It has been way too long since I've been here! And what do I find? Recent posts from the old crew! Happy New Year indeed Cap'n and shipmates!

Plus a big welcome to reality99! It's a shame you've found us at are quietest spell, but hopefully that's what we need to set the ships a-sailing again!

Speaking of which, Jon I 100% agree with your post about shipping R/E. I still think these two would make a cute couple but given how long it's been since I saw them interact - seriously, how has it been that long?! - I don't feel I can legitimately link them romantically any more. I hope Rupert and Emma are very happy and I as always am eager to see what they do next. I miss hearing stories of their friendship and I hope they and the whole HP gang continue to be as strong friends as they were.

Your comment about 5 years has made me realise that in September it will be 10 years since I joined this forum. That's a whole decade. That's nearly half my life. That's how long it took to film the entire HP series. How has this happened? It's crazy to think I have known some of you longer than I've known some of my real-life friends. I may not visit so often and the community may not be so lively as it once was but I will always have an especial fondness for this place and its members. Thank you all for giving me a place to escape and enjoy HP for so long. <3 :)

Wow that got deep quickly.

Firewhisky, anyone?

God I miss Harry Potter.

"Fire Whiskey anyone?" 

It seems you may have had a few too many already Katharine.  It's time to put the shot glass down. :P;)

I wish the old ew forum were still around to look back and reflect on.  There were some great posts and threads on that site that I would love to be able to read again.  I THINK that you and start.a.revolution were the first two people to respond to me when I began posting on the old site back in March of 2010.  Certainly you, Sabine and Kristin were among the first to accept me into our little online shippnig family.  I have always been grateful for the reception I received from you all back then and how I felt so comfortable as if I "fit in" almost from day one.

I've been a member of a sports forum now for over 15 years.  I began posting there back in 1998 or 1999.  I actually have not posted there at all yet this year even though I remain a member.  As you mentioned Katharine.... it's hard to imagine that there are people I've known from when I began posting there whom I've known longer than most of my best friends.  Having  spent 5 years as part of the HP fandom community some of the friendships I've made here are not as long  as those I share with many of my offline friends today, but no less dear or important. 

And DROOLING Katharine? :o  It's great that you might aspire to the role of the Beast, but it's Rupert we're pushing for that role.  :rolleye:

Lumos, I love your twitter campaign idea btw.  If I were involved in any way shape or form with social media I would so do my part to proliferate the Grint for the Beast movement with your RupertGrintForTheBeast hash tag.

Oh, and while I think the pictures are lovely I swear I did not drool over them.  :drool:  <------- Katharine not Jon

Kristin, we're all still on board.  We've just set our sites on smaller treasure.  Of course if we happen to hit the jackpot, we won't complain about that either. :ohyeah::happydance:

Thank you to all for welcoming me!! :)

I agree with Jon(can I call u that?), I love their friendship. They have shared their childhood together, they know each other better than most of everybody else(except the fellow Harry Potter cast members, obviously), they have shared such a vital part of their lives together, and have formed such a strong bond. It seems to us, that it would be great for them to have a romantic relationship.

Any decision or choice lies in their hands, and we can only go so far.

But, I think we will cherish their relationship, whatever the nature of it may be, forever!

I'd like to know if any of you have ever read 'Love, Rosie' (US), or 'Where Rainbows End' (UK)? If you haven't, I suggest you do. It's beautiful.

The two main protagonists (Rosie and Alex) remind me of Rupert and Emma. Rupert and Emma seem to have other close friends apart from themselves, unlike Rosie and Alex, but Rupert, Emma and Dan share a bond, that cannot be shared with anyone else. They solely have had the experience of growing up in front of the world with each other, with the weight of a multi-billion dollar series on their heads.

It is so nice to read all of your posts on how you have been in this forum for a very long time and made great friends! Some of you have been here for a decade!! This is something you will never forget your whole life! It is so amazing to think of how long you have loved and supported two incredible people(we do not truly know them, but they have inspired us), and made friends in the process. Friends you will never forget. Friends you have never met. (Or have you met?)

Reality officially welcome now that you are meeting other crazies on here in this forum ;) yeah I have been here for 5 years-started shipping them after seeing them together in interviews and pics and videos. I have never thought a couple belongs more together than this pair. But like everyone here said, no matter what the nature of their relationship be, they love each other and will always love each other. They have been best mates since what they were 11? It really is beautiful :) as for the trio- like the 3 have always said- they will always have that special bond.

Agree reality- it is in their hands and it is true how far we can only go. That's what every one of us here knows :) I like I said am the captain and have to stay on this ship until it is steered onto shore or it sinks LOL....so I am always going to be with this ship ;)

DW I was drooling as much over Grint as Beast ;) I think Jon slipped on our puddles LOL!!! ;)

On a side note they interviewed Evanna Lynch and the Phelps boys and they had nothing but kind sweet things to say about Emma taking the lead role. Awwwww....

DONT STOP BELIEVIN IN GRINTSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Yes reality99, please feel free to call me Jon, as everyone does! :) And, for the most part, none of us have met one another in person.  There have been a few shippers over the years here who have known eachother personally, but several of us hail from different corners of the World.   Fortunately we have found a common home here, supporting various shipping communities and Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and the rest of the HP actors.

Slipped on your puddles Kristin?  I nearly drowned in them!  I seriously believe you and Katharine were St. Benards in a past life.  That drool is epic! :drool: 

Would make sense too, as that was Ron Weasley's patronus if I'm not mistaken. :P 

TEEHEE....nah more like a flood of drool ;)

Yeah sorry reality I didn't answer yas- we have not met in person these are just Grintson buddies of mine :)

You are DEFINITELY going to the brig now Jon-Ron's patronus is a terrier!!!! ;) remember? The terrier chases after the otter (Hermione's patronus) ;)