The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

Emma Watson has revealed that she is taking a break from college.

The Harry Potter actress, who enrolled at Brown University in 2009, made the announcement on her official website.

"As you know, I love Brown and I love studying pretty much more than anything, but recently I've had so much to juggle that being a student and fulfilling my other commitments has become a little impossible," Watson wrote.

She added: "I've decided to take a bit of time off to completely finish my work on Harry Potter (the last one comes out this summer) and to focus on my other professional and acting projects."

The 20-year-old said that she is still working on her degree.

"It's just going to take me a semester or two longer than I thought," she continued.

link

There might be another reason.... :P = called Rupert!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be another reason.... :P = called Rupert!!!

LOL

Lino, I think exactly like that too!

As in regards to your previous post, please bear in mind that Emma is quite a touchy-feely girl and it's normal to see her being close to Dan as well.

I've seen a few pics of them, but they've always given me a very strong 'brother-sister' vibe.

I don't think there is any sexual tension between D/E at all. Quite the contrary, actually.

When I see pics of D/E and R/E together, I notice the difference straightaway.

There's just something more about Rupert and Emma.

Triple agree (regarding one of the reasons Emma will be taking some time off ;) LOL) She is smart to do this-college, in the US especially can get pretty demanding,and one that is IVY league like Brown...I love and admire her for wanting to take time off to do DH stuff (w/ Rupert ;))...I also love the fact that she is so cool to want to share that info w. her fans-she didnt have to and yet did. Tbh, I dont know how she was doing it before-school, sports, and work. I couldnt manage my job and school at the same time and I was only working part-time!! So for her to realize this, is very cool. Emma girl just rocks (plus her man ;))///

As for D/E pics- to be honest, when I look back on PoA time and even some GoF time I did think that they did like each other-I mean they were young teenagers. It was really OOTP when I saw a complete shift-Emma wanting to stand closer to Rupert, holding on tightly to him, etc. This is why I dont worry about seeing pics of D/E-vida is right-the vibe I get with no doubts is a bro/sis vibe-very sweet! Compare that to the way Emma and Rupert interact-COMPLETELY different...particularly during DH promo time-I have never seen them "possessive" with each other-she was pulling him tightly to her, as was Rupert. Like I said the vibe there-boyfriend/girlfriend as if to let people know each other is taken by the other. Very very sweet ;) The BAFTA's were an even bigger clue-they were like glue at times w. each other and then it was like they realized they were being watched and had to tone it down. (but we know better hehe) ;) My favorite moments with them were so sweet and cute yet so subtle-when they were interviewed by Edith Gorman w/ JKR and David Heyman..loved their subtle movements towards each other ya know? :)

I also really believe that Emma and Dan were totally into each other around PoA, maybe they even dated. You could clearly see that at the London Premiere, it was even in the news here in Germany, that they were holding hands and all.. (btw, IMO Tom Felton had a HUGE crush on her around that time as well and on the GoF set..)

But that was YEARS ago ( i mean, do you still have a crush on the boy/girl from around that time?? ;) ) and then..everything kinda changed, the whole dynamic changed and rupert and emma started to flirt. i honestly think the whole Ron and Hermione storyline helped that situation, because they were forced in a way to think about kissing/acting in love/acting jealous .. maybe that started real emotions??!

LOL Ya know what Rose? Who does know? It is kind of funny that around OOTP we do see the whole R/Hr dynamic change and then BAM thats when we saw R/E dynamic change-my favorite is a video of R/E chatting w. each other when they are off screen (BTS of the last scene to the train) and Rupert is all smiles and laughing w. Emma and then immediately stops, looks away shyly...but yeah even though I didnt come onto the forums til around later 2008, I watched vids of them together from OOTP time and was like "uh is there something happening"...almost wanted to start singing "Something There" from Beauty and the Beast ;) hehe..but I do believe they started to see each other as something more, especially Emma at the beginning of the shipperness time...Emma's infamous "hell of alot taller and broader"...whenever the girl would be around him, she had drool coming from her mouth and would head off into Rupertland LOL...now they look very lovingly at each other, sparkle in their eyes (I know sounds cheesy and corny) but they really do have that look of love in their eyes now. AWWW ;)

LOL Ya know what Rose? Who does know? It is kind of funny that around OOTP we do see the whole R/Hr dynamic change and then BAM thats when we saw R/E dynamic change-my favorite is a video of R/E chatting w. each other when they are off screen (BTS of the last scene to the train) and Rupert is all smiles and laughing w. Emma and then immediately stops, looks away shyly...but yeah even though I didnt come onto the forums til around later 2008, I watched vids of them together from OOTP time and was like "uh is there something happening"...almost wanted to start singing "Something There" from Beauty and the Beast ;) hehe..but I do believe they started to see each other as something more, especially Emma at the beginning of the shipperness time...Emma's infamous "hell of alot taller and broader"...whenever the girl would be around him, she had drool coming from her mouth and would head off into Rupertland LOL...now they look very lovingly at each other, sparkle in their eyes (I know sounds cheesy and corny) but they really do have that look of love in their eyes now. AWWW ;)

Rupertland :lol:

well that were only my little theories ;):unsure:

LOL, because I go from A to B, then to C and D before being able to come back to A and finish my post in one go (paraphrasing Rose's siggy :P ), somehow the part about D/E being attracted to each other long ago was deleted... or maybe I never wrote it in the first place, even though I've always mantained so.

I also think D/E were attracted to each other. However, that happened long ago, when they were 13/14.

Maybe they even dated briefly, as Rose and cbmac have said.

If so, that 'relationship' would have made them see their differences and that they were only attracted to each other's physical appearance, as in later years there is nothing suggesting they think of each other as anything more than friends (and this is where my previous post cuts in. LOL)

I also think Emma was attracted to Tom as well, and viceversa. Maybe even during that very same time (you can have crushes simultaneously, especially at that age where you are starting to discover the opposite sex).

However, the fact that Rupert was older and became a bit more reserved than he was when younger, started to draw Emma in very slowly.

IMO, she has always been the type of girl who just knows boys are usually interested in her (even if she is too humble to admit it).

Afterall, she's not only very attractive but also has brains to match... and the fact that Rupert was such a closed book may have played a huge part on her taking a long-time interest in him.

I also believe, like Rose said, that their characters getting together may have contributed in them developing deeper feelings for each other.

The fact that they both were so alike to their own characters, and also being so obviously attracted to each other in RL as well, may have played a huge part in them sharing so much more than a simple teenage crush with one another.

Edited by vida

LOL, because I go from A to B, then to C and D before being able to come back to A and finish my post in one go (paraphrasing Rose's siggy :P ), somehow the part about D/E being attracted to each other long ago was deleted... or maybe I never wrote it in the first place, even though I've always mantained so.

I also think D/E were attracted to each other. However, that happened long ago, when they were 13/14.

Maybe they even dated briefly, as Rose and cbmac have said.

If so, that 'relationship' would have made them see their differences and that they were only attracted to each other's physical appearance, as in later years there is nothing suggesting they think of each other as anything more than friends (and this is where my previous post cuts in. LOL)

I also think Emma was attracted to Tom as well, and viceversa. Maybe even during that very same time (you can have crushes simultaneously, especially at that age where you are starting to discover the opposite sex).

However, the fact that Rupert was older and became a bit more reserved than he was when younger, started to draw Emma in very slowly.

IMO, she has always been the type of girl who just knows boys are usually interested in her (even if she is too humble to admit it).

Afterall, she's not only very attractive but also has brains to match... and the fact that Rupert was such a closed book may have played a huge part on her taking a long-time interest in him.

I also believe, like Rose said, that their characters getting together may have contributed in them developing deeper feelings for each other.

The fact that they both were so alike to their own characters, and also being so obviously attracted to each other in RL as well, may have played a huge part in them sharing so much more than a simple teenage crush with one another.

Completely agree with you, and now you say it.. They are totally (not completely) like Ron and Hermione :whaa: Wow, that took me a long time to realize. yeah i´m slow. She has got the brains and ambition, he is chilled and funny like Ron: Life imitating art :D

Like you mentioned Vida, I also think Rupert´s shy , calm and maybe "mysterious" character was something that Emma is interested in, because its more of a challenge.

Well, Dan said that he liked Emma when he was younger, but I don't think they dated. On the other hand, we know Rupert likes Emma, but he won't never admit it!! He will always say "she is like my sister" :rolleyes:

I love yall's posts!!! :) As for "like a sister" ---->safe to say that is not the case ;) What is the phrase? Denial is admittance ;)

But yeah def agree R/E are like R/Hr...what I love to this day was watching them do a GoF interview where Rupert was saying how he was nothing like Ron, Emma said nothing like Hermione...lo and behold- what do we get years later? Emma: I am alot like Hermione and Rupert: him calling Ron the most loyal and bravest guy (in GoF he actually called Ron a coward which I found sad because Ron was never like that :()...anyway the 2 of them grew up, but even better grew with each other :)

Ok, I have little to say except I agree with pretty much everything you've all said.

Vida, I think I'm going to have to join Jon and start putting 'I agree with Vida' as a default first line of every post! :P

I really loved what you said about Emma being attracted to/curious about Rupert because he was older and mysterious. I think that's probably a considerable factor in her first starting to notice him in that way.

I also agree that she and Tom had crushes on eachother during POA time and that there was something going on between D/E in POA/GOF era. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they were together at some point, probably during GOF filming. But as has been said, her relationship with Dan since then has seemed entirely platonic.

It really is weird how the trio relationships have almost become influenced by their characters. Wasn't it around POA/GOF time that Emma chose Harry over Ron? Telling, indeed...

Emma's choices through the years:

2005: "Harry" (with out a doubt)

December 2008: "as Hermione... Ron"

July 2009: "Ron" (in a very sweet voice). Also she said: "a Ron type character in my life would be good for me"

It's very curious, isn't it? ;)

Edited by Luciana

Ok, I have little to say except I agree with pretty much everything you've all said.

Vida, I think I'm going to have to join Jon and start putting 'I agree with Vida' as a default first line of every post! :P

I really loved what you said about Emma being attracted to/curious about Rupert because he was older and mysterious. I think that's probably a considerable factor in her first starting to notice him in that way.

I also agree that she and Tom had crushes on eachother during POA time and that there was something going on between D/E in POA/GOF era. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they were together at some point, probably during GOF filming. But as has been said, her relationship with Dan since then has seemed entirely platonic.

It really is weird how the trio relationships have almost become influenced by their characters. Wasn't it around POA/GOF time that Emma chose Harry over Ron? Telling, indeed...

Generally speaking i think Dan prefers older girls (he admits losing his virginity at 16 to a woman quite a bit older than himself) so i tend to not believe rumours or suggestions that Dan and Emma were some kind of couple back in the POA/GOF era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDojO7LSz-E

My favourite moments are

1. Emma calling Rupert "Rups" and saying he is a nice guy at 1.18

2. Rupert giving Emma the nickname "Giggles" at 1.23

3. Loving also Rupert face and laugh at 0.53

I just find it so sweet how Rupert and Emma give each other such sweet names. Its just shows how close they are.

Thank you so much for sharing, it is a great video!!!

But Emma is talking about Rhys Ifans in 1.18 and he named her Giggles :)

I love Ruperts face as well, he had a ball :D

Sorry, you are rigtht. I made a nice fool out of myself now. :blush:

Again sorry everyone.

Could have happened to everyone ;)

At 1.40..great very short scene where Emma is laughing very, dare I say, dorky :lol:

Like Rupert said something REALLY funny and she just bursted into this cute laughter

Ahh no worries lino :) Trust we all have made some mistakes on vid watching-we are too entranced by R/E love ;)

Rose- glad ya enjoy my "Rupertland"...hehe

Also, anyone else get the feeling that The Grint was the one who influenced "Giggles" with laughing during a scene-I love how Emma owed the most that week yet Rupert was up to 80 pounds!!! LOL!!! THEY ARE SO TOGETHER-you start acting like your "spouse" after awhile :)

haha, man i love how you bring up words like "her man" "spouse" and so on, not to forget "Rupertland" :lol:

hehehehe.... let the shipperness only grow stronger yea? ;) I dont know when I came up w. Rupertland-think it was when I saw Emma staring at Rupert one time and she looked totally like she was in a trance-OH now I remember--THE NMA's!!!! Emma was looking at Rupert *drooling more like it LOL and she completely came out of her daydream and immediately looked up-that was when "Rupertland" was born...although I have added "Emmaland" since then too because of how Rupert stares and looks at her lovingly. ;)

Katharine, I keep thinking that we all sort of morphing into the same 'entity' when it comes to shipping R/E! :P

Lino, thanks for sharing that vid. Now that I think of it, I would love for all this giggling fits to be included in the DVD extras.

And I realised that we've been through 40 pages of R/E and yet we haven't had a single picspam since the new forum started! Outrageous!!! LOL

So, just because... :wub:

So, if you feel like posting some pics of these two, you know you can just picspam ME anytime! LOL

Edited by vida

Ok so now the drool has left my mouth seeing these pics...I mean I love how they always HAVE to be so close to each other-they must touch--the BAFTA's (which of course is where we are all suspecting something has happened by now :))-they look so relaxed and just comfortable w. each other-just happy to be with each other ya know? YALL ROCK FOR THE PICSPAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I love every single picture :wub:

I like this one..its like...guuuuys, like we don´t know you are holding hands behind that guy :lol:-_- :

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7900000/rup-emma-rupert-grint-7920459-1660-2500.jpg

AND I love this one, even though it is fake, but it is a GOOD one

http://www.harrymedia.com/img/data/media/173/RupertEmma47.jpg