The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

During the Baftas, Rupert was asked about THE KISS:

Steve Jones (E!): Can I ask you as well about THAT kiss. Finally it happened in the final instalment.

Rupert: Mmm it did.

Steve Jones (E!): You kiss Emma. Was it like *gives coy smile to the camera*

Rupert: It was *laughs* it was good! Yeah, we all kind of knew it was gonna happen…

Steve Jones (E!): Oh yeah baby!! From day one! We knew we were heading there.

Rupert: *nods* But it was slightly strange cuz I’ve known Emma for so long, she was like nine..

Steve Jones (E!): She’s like your sister..

Rupert: Yeah it was like that. It was a few awkward takes *laughs* but uuh after the fifth one we kinda got it. It’s a sweet moment but it was quite tricky.

Gosh!! I want to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohyeah:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that pic, Luciana! I love the black and white ones! :yesyes:

Is Emma letting her hair grow again? it looks like so...

I'm glad you liked the link, Jon. It definitely looks like R/E shared a quick stare while she was waiting for him to go on stage (btw, how adorable of her was that she waited for him? :wub: )

Anyway, I loved how Rupert smiled cheekily at her... and how she got all touchy-feely, rubbing his back (yet once again!).

I loved their moments. It reaffirms me why I ship them like I do. :)

Edited to add:

Luciana, thanks for posting Rupert's interview with E!

His first reaction to the kiss: IT WAS GOOD!!!

Of course it was, Rupert. We knew it! :D

Edited by vida

You're all waaay ahead of me again! Honestly, what is the point of living in England if I don't get all the good HP news first?! :P

But anyhow, Sergeant Snape reporting for OOTG duty!

Unfortunately there's little for me to tell, since the majority of R/E screentime during the BAFTAs was in HP's acceptance speech, and annoyingly the positioning was such that only one of them was in shot at a time. I did spy Rupert looking in Emma's direction a couple of times, though, so hopefully some photos will shed more light on that.

And yes, there was definately a slight touch as Emma waited for Rupert to go up on stage. I thought it was quite sweet that they seemed unsure whether or not to go up at first, but then Emma was like 'hell I'm getting Rupert on that stage whether he likes it or not!' :P

JKR also helped this by pulling Rupert further onstage into shot, much to Emma's delight. He is so adorable.

Emma also presented an award for Outstanding British Film (I think), so maybe that's why they weren't sitting together originally, or at least they weren't intended to. I couldn't quite work out where she was sitting before her presentation. I'm also thinking that JKR sitting between them was quite deliberate. We couldn't have them snogging in the back row and giving the game away now could we? :lostit::P:ohyeah:

And both looked stunning!

Elsewhere in HP, David Heyman seemed so emotional during his speech!It must be weird meeting up with people again a while after it's all over. I also liked that they invited all the past directors. There was a nice moment after Heyman thanked Alfonso Cuaron when Emma hugged him. It must be so strange and nostalgic.

Aaand HBC could claim a prize for the longest speech of the night following her win of Best Supporting Actress for The King's Speech. If I wasn't in love with her before, I certainly am now. That woman is just pure awesome.

Please keep posting pics etc. I'm at a loss as to where everyone manages to find these goodies!

I liked when jo talked about emma asking her about kissing rupert. emma bit her lip in embarassment, and rupert smiled. they both look flustered for a moment lol.

As for rupert saying the kiss was good, I'm not surprised lol. Im convinced the bro/sis thing is how they felt about doing it BEFORE they kissed. It must have been a strange challenge. Then they kissed and thought to themselves "wow. That was nice" XD

Edited by pat07

You're all waaay ahead of me again! Honestly, what is the point of living in England if I don't get all the good HP news first?! :P

But anyhow, Sergeant Snape reporting for OOTG duty!

Unfortunately there's little for me to tell, since the majority of R/E screentime during the BAFTAs was in HP's acceptance speech, and annoyingly the positioning was such that only one of them was in shot at a time. I did spy Rupert looking in Emma's direction a couple of times, though, so hopefully some photos will shed more light on that.

And yes, there was definately a slight touch as Emma waited for Rupert to go up on stage. I thought it was quite sweet that they seemed unsure whether or not to go up at first, but then Emma was like 'hell I'm getting Rupert on that stage whether he likes it or not!' :P

JKR also helped this by pulling Rupert further onstage into shot, much to Emma's delight. He is so adorable.

Emma also presented an award for Outstanding British Film (I think), so maybe that's why they weren't sitting together originally, or at least they weren't intended to. I couldn't quite work out where she was sitting before her presentation. I'm also thinking that JKR sitting between them was quite deliberate. We couldn't have them snogging in the back row and giving the game away now could we? :lostit::P:ohyeah:

And both looked stunning!

Elsewhere in HP, David Heyman seemed so emotional during his speech!It must be weird meeting up with people again a while after it's all over. I also liked that they invited all the past directors. There was a nice moment after Heyman thanked Alfonso Cuaron when Emma hugged him. It must be so strange and nostalgic.

Aaand HBC could claim a prize for the longest speech of the night following her win of Best Supporting Actress for The King's Speech. If I wasn't in love with her before, I certainly am now. That woman is just pure awesome.

Please keep posting pics etc. I'm at a loss as to where everyone manages to find these goodies!

Yes, he was so obvious!!! ;)

:excited::ohyeah::D THIS IS WHAT I LOOK LIKE RIGHT NOW... I cant stop watching them.... THEY ARE TOGETHER... repeat after me yall: RUPERT AND EMMA ARE TOGETHER.... why? Here: they are being all very like the cameras are on us so we cant stand so close, then it looks like Emma is saying "screw this, I need to touch him" (which is why we have them brushing up against each other ;) Second, when Emma is waiting for Rupert, it was as if time had stopped and they start to go up together-Rupert gave Emma a VERY sly smile like hehe if the press only knew and then he realized where he is and gets all serious looking again...WE NEED TO SEE DH 2 STUFF OF THEM LIKE NOW....also I have heard people on other boards saying when they are avoding being seen together, alone, BUSTED ;) Which is what I have been saying THE WHOLE TIME... that KISS did them in-for their feelings for each other once and for all. We have JKR to thank LOL... I loved seeing Emma's reaction and Rupert's reaction to the discussion of the kiss when she was 14... Rupert is all like thats my girl ;) I IS IN R/E HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love these videos and I love JKR for making Rupert and Emma blush!!

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/videos-j-k-rowling-on-seeing-rupert-grint-as-ron-emma-watsons-on-screen-kisses-79693/

I don't know why, but it seems strange the way Emma looks at Rupert at 0:42 to 0:46 in the second video. It seems like something happened between them.

So true Luciana! Doesn't that little moment look like the NMAs all over again? :wub:

I'm glad you are starting to think something has happened between them. I'm quite sure at this point.

It's only a matter of time until they come out...

Edited by vida

I saw that one earlier and was like 'WOW! That's flirty!' :D

This moment happened after she hugged one of the directors, and if you have a look closely, Rupert's eyes were on her while she was doing such.

He wasn't paying attention to what was being said at all. That's why he didn't clap.

When Emma noticed him, he cracked a smile.

These two are a given.

During the Baftas, Rupert was asked about THE KISS:

Steve Jones (E!): Can I ask you as well about THAT kiss. Finally it happened in the final instalment.

Rupert: Mmm it did.

Steve Jones (E!): You kiss Emma. Was it like *gives coy smile to the camera*

Rupert: It was *laughs* it was good! Yeah, we all kind of knew it was gonna happen…

Steve Jones (E!): Oh yeah baby!! From day one! We knew we were heading there.

Rupert: *nods* But it was slightly strange cuz I’ve known Emma for so long, she was like nine..

Steve Jones (E!): She’s like your sister..

Rupert: Yeah it was like that. It was a few awkward takes *laughs* but uuh after the fifth one we kinda got it. It’s a sweet moment but it was quite tricky.

Gosh!! I want to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohyeah:

Here's the vid if anyone hasn't seen it:

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v96286_-baftas-rupert-grint.html

He looks great and is so adorable. Rupert: Yeah it was like that.....yes, all that is past tense now =)

Thank you for the link to the red carpet interview rupert&emmagrint.

Interestig too, that Rupert apparently discussed the possibility of cutting or shaving off his hair at one time and said that he would not object to doing so neccessarily. I wonder if that question was posed to him after Emma got her controversial haircut, or if he brought up the matter in an interview himself, after Emma's haircut (another kind of mirroring, perhaps, unless I'm reaching at straws here).

For once he almost seemed to shy away from the whole brother/sister comparison in regards to the kiss, that was very interesting and different too. :king:

Luciana, that last little animation almost seems heartbreaking when you see Emma's reaction,and very reminisent of the NMA awards indeed. From the little bit I've seen, Rupert seemed particularly shy and self aware during the BAFTAs. Emma seemed much more comfortable and natural and relaxed.

Edited by Peter Pumpkinhead

Interestig too, that Rupert apparently discussed the possibility of cutting or shaving off his hair at one time and said that he would not object to doing so neccessarily. I wonder if that question was posed to him after Emma got her controversial haircut, or if he brought up the matter in an interview himself, after Emma's haircut (another kind of mirroring, perhaps, unless I'm reaching at straws here).

For once he almost seemed to shy away from the whole brother/sister comparison in regards to the kiss, that was very interesting and different too. :king:

Luciana, that last little animation almost seems heartbreaking when you see Emma's reaction,and very reminisent of the NMA awards indeed. From the little bit I've seen, Rupert seemed particularly shy and self aware during the BAFTAs. Emma seemed much more comfortable and natural and relaxed.

You're welcome =) I noticed that Rupert says (regarding brother/sister feelings) "It is...was like that." And when JKR was telling the story of her girlie chat with Emma and her mortified reaction, Emma defended her mortification by saying she was 14 - like she wanted to distance herself as well from the brother/sister comparison.

Also, this could be me wanting to read into things, but I got the impression (from girlie chat story) that Emma seemed relatively okay/calm when she asked about having to kiss Rupert and it was only when she discovered she had to kiss Dan as well that she flipped.

Totally true!!! Emma looks sad, but I don't know... I found Rupert more confident here, although he looked at her many times that it was so obvious!!!

When I see little gifs like that, I can't avoid to get a bit disheartened as it looks like there's so much longing from Emma...

But of course that could only be because JK Rowling was talking about the end of HP so she looked at Rupert for comfort, but she got upset because he was not looking back...

Edited by vida

It's so tough to discern something from the body language in that instant. The vast majority of the time their mutual body language would indicate that something is happening between them, which is why this, taken in the context that they are in fact together isn't even that surprising, as vida's interpritation could be very accurate in that regard. None the less, Emma can give a heart wrenching look worthy of Deathly Hallows most emotional scenes when she looks at Rupert that way in RL.

Do we see more of a press run prior to the final installment of DH and the HP series? The last film was the first time I followed the hype leading up a HP film and I was really quite surprised and honestly a little disapointed with how fast everything surrounding the promotion of the film happened, and how little we got in comparison to interviews before HBP. I'm still sad about the moviephone thing falling through. :(

It's so tough to discern something from the body language in that instant. The vast majority of the time their mutual body language would indicate that something is happening between them, which is why this, taken in the context that they are in fact together isn't even that surprising, as vida's interpritation could be very accurate in that regard. None the less, Emma can give a heart wrenching look worthy of Deathly Hallows most emotional scenes when she looks at Rupert that way in RL.

Do we see more of a press run prior to the final installment of DH and the HP series? The last film was the first time I followed the hype leading up a HP film and I was really quite surprised and honestly a little disapointed with how fast everything surrounding the promotion of the film happened, and how little we got in comparison to interviews before HBP. I'm still sad about the moviephone thing falling through. :(

At the risk of repeating myself over and over I, once again, have to agree with everything you have just said. (WHY??? :lol: )

While most of their interactions would indicate that they are dating, especially Rupert's cheeky smiles when looking at Emma, I feel sorry for the girl at that point if she looked at him for comfort.

Maybe it's just the fact that they don't want to seem so obvious in public, so they try to avoid each other as much as possible.

A good example is that they are trying not to be photographed together... which is something I think they are aware that is going to be scrutinised.

It would make complete sense that they tried to avoid such, then, if they are indeed dating as many of us believe.

But that, of course, only adds fuel to the fire of our suspicious minds! :D

Jon, to answer your question, I can only hope that we get more promo time for DH part 2.

Hopefully the press gets JK Rowling's hint about Emma having to kiss Rupert and we get a proper send-off this time around.

I think she also wants R/Hr to be promoted more, tbh.

It's still hard for me to come to terms with the fact that we had so many goodies about the kiss during HBP but yet none for DH part 1.

If we start getting more buzz about the kiss once again, I think we'll get as many as good signs as we did in the past - if not even more.

For instance, when JK mentioned that Emma was indeed going to kiss Rupert, she bit her lip... and Rupert in the back also smiled.

That was precious. :king:

Luciana thank you for posting the clip, that was indeed the moment I was talking about.

Thank you everyone for the links! I loved the way Emma looked to Rupert when JK was relating the dressing room story, and the way Rupert watched Emma at the end of that clip was just adorable.

And Emma nudging Rupert to clap with her elbow and HIP was just plain flirting.

I absolutely adore the fact that JK seems to be so close to the trio. It really is like one big HP family.

Hey, who's for a big family reunion at a certain future wedding? :P

Ok, sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself... :P

Tbh I think there has to be something going on, or some kind of relationship change between the two of them. The seemingly deliberate lack of physical contact and photographs together suggests that whatever's going on, they're hiding something.

Jon, I really really hope we get loads of promo for part 2. I agree that part 1 was rather disappointing. OOTP seemed to have loads of promotion, partly helped I think by the HFW ceremony taking place around the same time, but since then it's been decreasing. I personally think WB would be foolish not to push the boat out and get as much exposure as they possibly can for the finale of this series - it will be the last time fans will see the cast and crew altogether again and probably the last new HP release (DVDs excluded)in a long time, if (dare say it) ever. I personally feel WB owe it to their fans and in fact everyone involved with the film to make this as memorable as possible. I'm predicting loads of features on HP around that time, with interviews and best moments, etc. If this isn't the best promo run and premiere ever, I shall personally kick some WB a*s. Who's with me? :D

Gee, how mental would it be if R/E announced their relationship AT the premiere? I think our overseas friends would be able to hear the screaming all the way from Leicester Square!

@rupert&emmagrint, that particular moment and Rupert's cheeky smile at Emma basically convinced me that something indeed has happened between them.

Plus, the HIP moment was also very telling as well.

Katharine, I'd love for R/E to show that they are indeed a couple AT the premiere. They don't even have to speak... just hold hands or hug would be enough.

However I think the fact that they would be considered a RL R/Hr if they did such, plays an important part in them trying to be so secretive at the moment.

But they are definitely hiding something indeed. Again, the fact that they are trying to avoid being photographed next to each other is a BIG hint.

I think they are very aware that they are going to be quite obvious in their body language and are trying to keep a low profile for as long as they can.

Just on a side note, don't you find it interesting too that no one cared in the least about us shipping R/E in the old forum- when we were shipping them regardless of Emma having a boyfriend at the time.

However, all of a sudden some people flip because we support the couple when, interestingly enough, both of them are single at the moment(technically of course ;) )