The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

LOL!!! SO true...although I havent heard those comments in awhile LOL...I hear the reporters say it to them and then they just go with it so to speak but them bringing it up themselves has been a long time!! ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try to explain my thoughts about Rupert and Emma pairing, i just hope it will come out right.

I do think that there is a strong attraction between them. If they are already a couple, we can't be sure. Do they want each other, i think we can safely say "yes".

Now what scares me about the thought of them getting together now.

Both Rupert and Emma are still young and haven't had to much experience in relationship, especially in one where it would be a real media coup if the much loved onscreen couple are also off screen in love. We know in these young years relationship come and go quickly and even faster if being famous.

What i am asking myself is, do i want them now together with the risk of them separating because of pressure and all what comes with it.

Or a few years later when they are a bit older and more experienced with the pressure of the media, fans and having a relationship, they would get together.

Maybe in a few years there is more of a chance of them actually working out long-term. I know it might not be a guaranty of it lasting even if its in a few years. But i do think it would be easier for them.

It's just that i think, that even if they are a strong couple and love each other a lot, there is so much which could work against them. And i don't want to see a break up.

I would prefer never to see a break-up between them and ruining their friendship. I better want to see, Emma and Rupert wanting each other and being attracted but not doing anything about it. So we always can imaging how it would be. However if there is a bad separation, this wouldn't be possible anymore.

Do i want them together now with the possibility of breaking up or wait a few years where it could last. I really don't know.

What do you think about it? I hope i made it clear enough what my thoughts and fears were.

However don't get me wrong, I do want them together and see nice clips and pics of them. but i just thought to write down my fears when they do get together..

I know what you mean, Lino. I know the media can be a pressure, but I do think if the love for each other is strong enough, they will be able to hold out the pressure.

Think for example in Angelina and Brad Pitt. They are the most famous couple and still are together and with children!!

I know what you mean, Lino. I know the media can be a pressure, but I do think if the love for each other is strong enough, they will be able to hold out the pressure.

Think for example in Angelina and Brad Pitt. They are the most famous couple and still are together and with children!!

True but Brad and Angelina are a bit older and both had good and bad experiences with different relationships. Remember Brad and Jennifer Aniston? There it didn't work out. Angelina and Brad needed the experience of their previous relationship to work out what is the best way to make it work with being so famous.

And i don't want Rupert and Emma to be just an experience for the future. I want them to be the real deal.

Don't get me wrong i know from personal experience that relationships in younger years can work out. I met my husband when i was 20 years. He was my first boy ever, and after 6 months we got married. Now 10 years later and kids we are still going strong. But i don't have the pressure of the media and fans. And i don't act in films where often, break ups seem to happen by the rich and famous.

I understand what you mean, Lino. But at the same time Emma, as young as she is, has already had a couple of (bad) relationships.

And the fact that she isn't even looking for a boyfriend atm (as far as we know, of course :P ) makes me think she already understood that jumping into anyone, just for the sake of being in a relationship, is not good.

And, as far as Rupert is concerned, I don't think the boy will ever seriously date anyone he has not strong feelings for, and the reason for that might be that he already knows who he really loves...

Idk, but to me, it looks like they should take the plunge, not matter if it is sooner or later.

And if they ever break-up, at least they will know it wasn't the REal thing... which will be a lot better than if they never try at all.

True but Brad and Angelina are a bit older and both had good and bad experiences with different relationships. Remember Brad and Jennifer Aniston? There it didn't work out. Angelina and Brad needed the experience of their previous relationship to work out what is the best way to make it work with being so famous.

And i don't want Rupert and Emma to be just an experience for the future. I want them to be the real deal.

Don't get me wrong i know from personal experience that relationships in younger years can work out. I met my husband when i was 20 years. He was my first boy ever, and after 6 months we got married. Now 10 years later and kids we are still going strong. But i don't have the pressure of the media and fans. And i don't act in films where often, break ups seem to happen by the rich and famous.

I've had similar thoughts regarding when I wanted them to get together so the result is endgame, but I'm confident that their decade+ friendship and respect for one another is strong enough that they would try hard to protect it with romantic feelings and outside pressure in the mix - whether that's now or in a few years. I think the biggest obstacle in having feelings for such a close and longtime friend is the fear of losing them if it goes wrong, so if and when that risk is taken, I think it's done so with serious care and thought.

I also want to bring up that while they are young, they're really mature since they've worked since they were 9&11 and have had more life experience over the past decade than some middle-aged people probably have in their whole lives. Their early 20s could be equivalent to other "regular" people's mid-late 20s.

And they're not the typical "Hollywood" paparazzi/tabloid craving young stars like Lindsay Lohan. Despite the interest in them as RL couple by shippers like us and the media, paparazzi will only continue to stalk them if it means $$$ for them, and drama/scandal/negative stories = $$$. Brad and Angelina are in the headlines because they got together while he was still married to Jen, and even after all these years, the tabloids bring up the Jen vs. Angelina angle when news is slow. I can't remember the last time a "happy couple" was plastered all over the news (and this doesn't count the couples who reach out to the media themselves to sell their wedding and baby photos, etc.).

Since I'm a die-hard believer in "The Secret" (laws of attraction), this is my stance: I'm sunbathing on the deck of the sailing ship (w/ the others who've placed their bets already), and I'm just waiting for the ship's coordinates to be located before starting a conga line =)

Lino, first off, I TOTALLY get what you are saying...but have to agree w. what vida says and rupertemmagrint says too--Emma and Rupert have been together as friends since they were 9 and 11 years old-they went through young childhood, teenage, and young adult stages with each other-agree that they are alot more mature than their young ages indicate. Yes Emma has been in a few relationships and Rupert not in anything serious that we know of while Emma was dating those other guys. But I do say that their getting together now is the right time. I think if they were 17 and 19 still I would say hmmm maybe not...but let's face it, 20, almost 21, and 22 are your college years-where people do meet their future spouses. It's not like they are lil kids-in fact agree again w. what rupertemmagrint said-they are more like mid-20's their maturity. But I totally hear what you are saying lino- so for me I would say no, they need to be together now and see what happens. As for the media-yea the media will take pics of them together, but like rupertemmagrint said again (you had AWESOME insights on this REG ;))...they are not typical Hollywood-they have had ample chances to be "typical" Hollywood and dont because of how they were raised. The media may be into them for a few weeks if that, in fact I can picture media blitz for a few weeks but then the media will say they are zzzz city-they are not scandalous, they dont do anything to generate constant wanting to see them...in a word they are kind of boring, but good boring ya know? So because of that alone, they will be free to have a relationship w. each other.

Since I'm a die-hard believer in "The Secret" (laws of attraction), this is my stance: I'm sunbathing on the deck of the sailing ship (w/ the others who've placed their bets already), and I'm just waiting for the ship's coordinates to be located before starting a conga line =)

ME to this comment REG: :ohyeah::ohyeah::ohyeah: I already have my bets placed...the bookies have said 2012, I say 2015 ;)

2015, what? The Wedding?!

If so, Emma has already announced her engagement on Regis and Kelly, so maybe it's sooner! LOL

But yes, cbmac, remember that way back in the old forum we were discussing that R/E would probably get away with the paparazzi because, if they dated, they would be boring?

How many times can they be featured at a restaurant, at the movies, at a bar?

Because that's exactly how they will behave. Too normal for the paparazzi!

That's why they would be left alone.

Of course everyone will be interested once they break the news that they are indeed dating, but after some time, when the media finally sees that they are not the scandalous type, they'll be left alone.

The only ones still interested in them will be us, R/E shippers, who will rejoice at their normal, boring, and common activities. :)

:lol::D DUH I did forget that vida!! Emma DID announce it so it should be sooner hehe... ;)

But yeah SO ITA vida- they will be boring, "breaking news" will be: R/E are at a restaurant eating...R/E are at the movies...LOL But def will be just us R/E shippers that will rejoice at the normal, everyday common things ;)

Ok NOW I had better go do some school work!!! LOL...

'breaking news' indeed! LOL

That's why, the only ones left squeeing at them will be us shippers if they will find a way to be happy with each other and, at the same time, remain grounded in spite of all the media circus.

Also, I'm not much into celebrities who mantain a high profile so I think R/E would make it work and be much more similar to Johnny Depp/Vanessa Paradis' relationship than Brad/Angelina's.

There's hardly any news from them, and I'd expect something similar in R/E's case.

It'll be too bad, as a shipper, as we won't hear from them often... but I'll take it as a good sign!

'No news is good news', as the saying goes. :D

Good luck with your marking, cbmac! Talk soon! :)

ok, i finished reading through your replies.

You all calmed me down a bit.

I do understand what you all said and thinking about their long friendship and the way how they might be a "boring couple" (not for me :yesyes: ) would work in their favour. Hopefully that would be positive for them.

I do think, when they do get together they would be very private about it. The Jonny Depp and Vanessa Paradis comparison is very good.

I just have to enjoy their attraction now and when they do become an official couple instead of worrying about what might happen just be the happy.

My husband anyway always says that i see everything negatively. Whenever he wants to decide something i say but what is if this and this would to happen. He goes mad that i think the cup is half empty instead of half full. :(

Will go watch some clips of them by the baftas and enjoy it. See you!!!

LOL that BTS in Piccadilly Circus gave us tons of vids to delight! :P

Remember the vid when the trio first had to hold hands and then R/E look briefly at each other? So cute!!!

I'll try to find it if I can but, for anyone interested, just look them up on youtube. Lots of people filmed the trio from their camereas and then posted their vids.

It was just so unbelievably cute to see how R/E behave with each other when there's no 'cameras' rolling. LOL

Lino, I'm glad you feel better about R/E and that there will be hope for them - even if they will have to deal with everything that comes with fame.

I'm confident they'll make it. :)

LOL that BTS in Piccadilly Circus gave us tons of vids to delight! :P

Remember the vid when the trio first had to hold hands and then R/E look briefly at each other? So cute!!!

I'll try to find it if I can but, for anyone interested, just look them up on youtube. Lots of people filmed the trio from their camereas and then posted their vids.

It was just so unbelievably cute to see how R/E behave with each other when there's no 'cameras' rolling. LOL

Lino, I'm glad you feel better about R/E and that there will be hope for them - even if they will have to deal with everything that comes with fame.

I'm confident they'll make it. :)

Here it goes:

http://rupertemmagif.tumblr.com/post/2621073786/angle-1-angle-2-emma-being-obvious-part

http://rupertemmagif.tumblr.com/post/2638567466/note-this-is-a-bts-this-is-also-the-sequence-to

They are soooo obvious!! :rolleyes:

GET READY!!!

They starting already to promote the film.

First the clip by the Oscars and now the Premiere.

The world premiere of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2, the final instalment in J.K. Rowling's fantasy saga, will take place at London's Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square on July 7, Warner Bros has announced.

link

Edited by lino

omg Trafalgar square is gonna be craaaaazy! So many people are gonna be there :o

I'd wish to go!!!!!! But it's almost impossible to me!! :(

It will be a crazy day for all of us!!!!!!

I know!!!! First promotion at Oscars- anyone else LOVE the fact that this was a R/E clip ;) Also, have ya guys seen the clip of R/E riding their bikes together on set? AWWWWWWWW.... I cant tell if it is PRE/POST kiss-they are smiling ALOT so my guess is POST kiss ;)

THEY ARE SO TOGETHER!!!! :ohyeah::ohyeah:

I know!!!! First promotion at Oscars- anyone else LOVE the fact that this was a R/E clip ;) Also, have ya guys seen the clip of R/E riding their bikes together on set? AWWWWWWWW.... I cant tell if it is PRE/POST kiss-they are smiling ALOT so my guess is POST kiss ;)

THEY ARE SO TOGETHER!!!! :ohyeah::ohyeah:

Where did you see the bike riding clip?! Please share =)

If WB wasn't planning on R/E during interviews alone together, they should now, especially with the viral popularity of Tiny Ball of Light. I would so love for an interviewer to ask them to sing the song together...like when they showed off their "beautiful singing voices" doing the HP score during OOTP promos. And for an interviewer to ask them their thoughts about being named Hollywood's Highest Earning On-Screen Couple.

I'm curious to what R/E think about the autotune and its popularity - and how they reacted when they first saw the clip. They must be tickled knowing their "song" is people's ringtones.

Where did you see the bike riding clip?! Please share =)

If WB wasn't planning on R/E during interviews alone together, they should now, especially with the viral popularity of Tiny Ball of Light. I would so love for an interviewer to ask them to sing the song together...like when they showed off their "beautiful singing voices" doing the HP score during OOTP promos. And for an interviewer to ask them their thoughts about being named Hollywood's Highest Earning On-Screen Couple.

I'm curious to what R/E think about the autotune and its popularity - and how they reacted when they first saw the clip. They must be tickled knowing their "song" is people's ringtones.

Me too!!!!! I want to see their faces!!! :D

The clip of them on their bikes makes me do this: :ohyeah::blush: I just LOVE that clip of them together-Emma is ALL smiles-I think she can hear Rupert talking to the guy walking w. them...Rupert is all smiles too ;) How many of us believe they were on their way to THE KISS? ;) hehe