The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

To be fair, I wouldn't say those comments are suitable for the D/E thread, since that is surely meant to be about celebrating D/E rather than R/E. Also, I don't recall emma fan ever mentioning she's supportive of D/E as a romantic pairing (although I may be wrong. Just because someone does not ship Emma with Rupert doesn't necassarily mean they ship her with Dan, or anyone else for that matter. So unless the poster is supportive of D/E, I'd suggest that her (? I assume you're female, sorry, I don't know you very well) comments are more appropriate in this thread than that one.

I also believe posters have the right to post their doubts about the ship in this thread, because let's face it, it gives us all the more opportunity for discussion and to find more reasons to argue for our ship - there's no harm in a little debate, nor is it unusual for someone to occasionally become disillusioned in what is, let's face it, a fairly inactive (in terms of new R/E news) discussion of the couple. The posts from emma fan that I have seen have been more voicing concern in order to search for reconfirmation of our ship, which is something we all crave, I'm sure, from time to time, rather than unnecessarily bashing it, so I personally don't have a problem with her posting such comments here. I'm not a moderator, and I have no authority over this, but that is my personal opinion. Having said that, if it's affecting the morale of the rest of our forum, perhaps we should all try and concentrate on the positives of our ship, rather than the negatives, for a while. Presenting negative arguments for discussion is all very well, but if other people would prefer to just celebrate the ship in this thread, then perhaps there should be a new thread created for other R/E discussion? It's difficult, since it's all about R/E.

I'm sorry if this post comes across harsh or authoritative, it probably wasn't even necessary at all. I just thought it would be better to voice a mediating opinion now, in case things said (and I doubt they would, considering the loveliness of people on this forum) were taken the wrong way and got out of hand. I am not a mod and have no authority here, I apologise if I've made this a bigger deal than it needs to be. Feel free to ignore my post :D I just want one happy shipper family, that's all! :P

On a lighter note, I need some R/E news noooow! It feels like we haven't heard anything for ages! :(

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE... :yesyes: you know what? You were very respectful with everything ya said (as always :))...yes people can have their doubts/uncertainty, because yes debating is a good thing sometimes :) BUUT hehe-that being said, I say we send positive vibes still ;) I dont think that emmafan is doing any harm-just questioning things, whereas others (like myself LOL) go on faith and believing-I still say they are hiding things. Emmafan maybe this may make ya feel better-Emma stated in an interview I believe twice I had heard it last year that she makes sure she goes to places where there wont be photographers/alot of public. I mean we dont see Rupert or Emma out with their families on vacations and you know they do this but there are just no pics because they are heading to places where they will have privacy. There are many celebs out there who are not photographed together-ie Johnny Depp and his wife comes to mind immediately. Anywho, with that I believe they are together, are hiding, and maybe will reveal this year, if they are ready to reveal. TICK TOCK baby ;)

One other thing-remember when it is quiet, which yeah it has been, we will get an EXPLOSION OF R/E LOVE SOOOOON ;) WE ARE DUE..TICK....TOCK.... hehe

Edited by cbmac12

Like I said, If you're going to look for reasons to doubt them, then you'll find them. At this point, I don't think there's anything any of us on here can say to make you feel better. Having said that - and please don't take this the wrong way - but maybe you can start putting these doubts/arguments against them in the D/E thread.

Apologies for upsetting anyone in the forum im just the kinda person who likes solid proof and i like to be certain looking at every angle. Indeed i was not bashing i was just questioning like dumbeldores woman has said. Sorry again for upsetting everyone

To be fair, I wouldn't say those comments are suitable for the D/E thread, since that is surely meant to be about celebrating D/E rather than R/E. Also, I don't recall emma fan ever mentioning she's supportive of D/E as a romantic pairing (although I may be wrong. Just because someone does not ship Emma with Rupert doesn't necassarily mean they ship her with Dan, or anyone else for that matter. So unless the poster is supportive of D/E, I'd suggest that her (? I assume you're female, sorry, I don't know you very well) comments are more appropriate in this thread than that one.

I also believe posters have the right to post their doubts about the ship in this thread, because let's face it, it gives us all the more opportunity for discussion and to find more reasons to argue for our ship - there's no harm in a little debate, nor is it unusual for someone to occasionally become disillusioned in what is, let's face it, a fairly inactive (in terms of new R/E news) discussion of the couple. The posts from emma fan that I have seen have been more voicing concern in order to search for reconfirmation of our ship, which is something we all crave, I'm sure, from time to time, rather than unnecessarily bashing it, so I personally don't have a problem with her posting such comments here. I'm not a moderator, and I have no authority over this, but that is my personal opinion. Having said that, if it's affecting the morale of the rest of our forum, perhaps we should all try and concentrate on the positives of our ship, rather than the negatives, for a while. Presenting negative arguments for discussion is all very well, but if other people would prefer to just celebrate the ship in this thread, then perhaps there should be a new thread created for other R/E discussion? It's difficult, since it's all about R/E.

I'm sorry if this post comes across harsh or authoritative, it probably wasn't even necessary at all. I just thought it would be better to voice a mediating opinion now, in case things said (and I doubt they would, considering the loveliness of people on this forum) were taken the wrong way and got out of hand. I am not a mod and have no authority here, I apologise if I've made this a bigger deal than it needs to be. Feel free to ignore my post :D I just want one happy shipper family, that's all! :P

On a lighter note, I need some R/E news noooow! It feels like we haven't heard anything for ages! :(

Thanks for your comments and i was just searching for reconfirmation i just like to feel certain and if ye can shift my doubt which ye all do thats cool. Apologies again i didnt want to start anything between other members. i will take note not to do it again

Hey no worries- we are all here for a reason-R/E shipping ;) Sometimes it is good to challenge each other trust me, you are not the first one to do it. I think it is dead time right now and we are dying for new stuff :) BRING ON R/E!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

We keep the faith going strong-good vibes ;) tick tock... ;) hehe

Oh Lord poor emma fan is having another doubtful day. Look the way i see it is, it can get a bit tedious waiting for news or confirmation or concrete evidence. I can understand u questioning everything and looking back looking for a concrete sign (well i assume you do from your posts correct me if im wrong)but sometimes you have to have a bit of faith and belief. Its like air or even love (any feeling) i guess...you feel it but you cant see it. we all have similar views on the various interviews and photos so that has to count for something, we all have a niggling feeling about them. Weve spoken about this and you see the chemistry and you ARE a rupert and emma shipper i think sometimes you just focus on negative which can be both good and bad here. I have no objections to that but sometimes when ya send something positive thoughts it works out and by harping on the negative it turns it negative. Please dont stop posting id miss your comments, they force me to think about my beliefs on the various topics etc. Were heading for a lot of R/E moments with interviews etc coming up so dont lose the faith. Its a very complicated situation between them yano the whole world is watching (well shippers and hp world ha ha)give it time. Rem TICK TOCK :)

i have been on this forum but never join but now i did, i have been a hugh rupert and emma fan since 2007. i just love them i would love to see them together but if they never get together now but still be close friends i would still love them cause you know later down the road best friends becomes great lover :ohyeah:. @emmafan :icontwisted8pz: we all know they have not shown it in public or seen yet but whats in the dark must come to light but then again it's your opinion :blush:. i think they fancy :ohyeah: each other but afraid to take the next step of more then just friends cause they don't want to loose that close friendship they known over the past years. Because there are so much clues out there that it can take a non-shipper out there to think that they like each other :rolleye0012:

Welcome tRuE you are right all the way it must come to light and it will. best friends do become great lovers and stay together because they usually have a deeper understanding of each other. They know each other inside out and accept the good and bad! im getting to excited now only few weeks left!!!! tick tick tock

Apologies for upsetting anyone in the forum im just the kinda person who likes solid proof and i like to be certain looking at every angle. Indeed i was not bashing i was just questioning like dumbeldores woman has said. Sorry again for upsetting everyone

You have nothing to be sorry for. I wasn't mad.,,,more like feeling helpless. I do believe we're all entitled to our opinions and we should be able to discuss openly, but I just didn't know what else to say because the "stay positive"/"we just have to be patient" messages haven't been working. Like Tick Tock said - it's having faith....I personally believe in God and have my reasons but not scientific fact. We don't have solid proof about R/E - we don't even know them - but we hold onto the feeling/faith we have about them because of what we have seen/read/observed about and between them.

And I didn't mean to imply that you were shipping D/E, but I just felt (at the moment I replied) that maybe you were looking for other people to really share your doubts. Like maybe you needed to NOT have us say "keep the faith" but you needed others to agree with your doubts so you could properly work both sides out.. Which is why I brought up D/E thread because that was the first thing that popped in my mind when I thought about people who would see nothing between R/E....and I admit that was a mistake because I've never gone on the D/E thread so I shouldn't have assumed that in addition to supporting D/E they would include anti R/E.

First of all, where are my manners? WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF THE SHIP tRuE ;)As you can tell we are very passionate about our couple :)

Tick Tock and REG those posts were AWESOME!!!! THIS is why I love coming here-we do respect each other, get a lil heated at times but that is only because we have such a passion for R/E! :)REG yes I also have a belief in God, and all I can say is that I go on faith too. Just because we haven't seen doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But yeah we go on faith and belief. ITA with everything-if these 2 were just friends, that's what we would see. What do we see? 2 people who have been in denial the last few years (I would go as far to say 2007 even) and have finally admitted those feelings....TICK TICK TOCK yall ;)

Btw how awesome is this quote: Radcliffe gives a believable performance as Harry struggles with his destiny and the usual teen angst, while Grint and Watson have more chemistry than any of the characters in certain romantic comedies.

~ spartanedge.com :ohyeah::ohyeah:

Firstly i wud like to say rupert & emma grint your reply to emma fan was truly lovely. You hve just proven why this forum is so different we all have respect for one another which is great. Fair play :) i duno if any of you have seen quote from emma about ruperts crying scenewhen fred dies she said she was amazed at how he was so quick to get into character. She said somethin like he was amazing i had to remember to act! Dont have exact quote but thought that was sooooo cute and he is amazing ugh yum yum! The weather is awful here but that quote cheered me up no end. Tick "bloody hell " tock :)

Edited by Tick tock

Yes, welcome to our ship, tRuE--we're in for a great cruise, and yes, we do on occasion, find ourselves in choppy

waters--(doubt), but I always love to use the "Secret" as my base. There is no time in Universal Law, and they

will get together in due time, when the Universe sees fit. A delay is not a denial.

I think Rupert is very private and sly--he has Emma wrapped around his little

finger, and I think she had him at "Wingardium Leviosa". I think you and emma fan will both see/feel the

excitement, as we see all the interviews, and I'm sure we'll be seeing both of them together as they

promote DH2!! :rolleyes: Remember it took Bonnie/Jamie over a year to announce their engagement!! I

can't wait to see what the media will ask both of them!! :rolleye0012:

Another thing I noticed is how sentimental both R/E are about HP. Then you look at Dan, and he's like

"GET ME OUTTA HERE"!! JKR had to promise him no more HP!! I'm thinking JKR might also have some good

news at the DH2 premiere!! <_<

You have nothing to be sorry for. I wasn't mad.,,,more like feeling helpless. I do believe we're all entitled to our opinions and we should be able to discuss openly, but I just didn't know what else to say because the "stay positive"/"we just have to be patient" messages haven't been working. Like Tick Tock said - it's having faith....I personally believe in God and have my reasons but not scientific fact. We don't have solid proof about R/E - we don't even know them - but we hold onto the feeling/faith we have about them because of what we have seen/read/observed about and between them.

And I didn't mean to imply that you were shipping D/E, but I just felt (at the moment I replied) that maybe you were looking for other people to really share your doubts. Like maybe you needed to NOT have us say "keep the faith" but you needed others to agree with your doubts so you could properly work both sides out.. Which is why I brought up D/E thread because that was the first thing that popped in my mind when I thought about people who would see nothing between R/E....and I admit that was a mistake because I've never gone on the D/E thread so I shouldn't have assumed that in addition to supporting D/E they would include anti R/E.

I agree with Tick Tock's reply to this post. It's so great to have such a lovely bunch of shippers in this forum. I'm sorry if you thought my previous post was getting at you or if it blew everything out of proportion, I just thought it'd be better to clear things up before any misunderstandings. Which fortunately there don't seem to have been, so yay :) . Haha I think I'm a bit paranoid about avoiding confrontation :P Anyway, that's over now and we can move on. :D

emma fan, like others have said, I hope you'll keep returning to this thread. Let's put this behind us now and concentrate on our ship :)

tRuE - welcome to the forum! :D

Ahh cbmac12, we can always rely on you to find some way of lifting our spirits :P It's very true that I don't believe R/E have been photographed on vacation with their families (or a very minimal amount, if they have), so there's nothing to say they may not be meeting up in private without the world's press finding out. Personally, I'm not sure whether I think they're actually together yet or not, but I'm hoping that in the DH2 premiere we'll be seeing the same close bond - if not closer ;) - that we have been seeing for the past couple of years now. If nothing else, it'll be nice to see that the trio can stay as close a year after filming wrapped.

Soulsister, your comment about Dan made me laugh! It makes me a little sad sometimes that his attachment seems publicly less than that of the other two, but really I'm sure that's not the case. If anything I think he's probably the most attached of them all, being the lead character. At the same time though, Dan appears to be the most driven and ambitious in terms of his career, whereas R/E seem more happy to go with the flow at the moment. I think Dan's just eager to get out and work on new projects away from HP, but I don't think that means he appreciates or misses the whole experience any less.

And I do hope you're right about JKR having an announcement! That would be such perfect timing - 'It's the end of HP! ... Oh no it's not!' :D

Edited by Dumbledores Woman

First of all, where are my manners? WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF THE SHIP tRuE ;)As you can tell we are very passionate about our couple :)

Tick Tock and REG those posts were AWESOME!!!! THIS is why I love coming here-we do respect each other, get a lil heated at times but that is only because we have such a passion for R/E! :)REG yes I also have a belief in God, and all I can say is that I go on faith too. Just because we haven't seen doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But yeah we go on faith and belief. ITA with everything-if these 2 were just friends, that's what we would see. What do we see? 2 people who have been in denial the last few years (I would go as far to say 2007 even) and have finally admitted those feelings....TICK TICK TOCK yall ;)

Btw how awesome is this quote: Radcliffe gives a believable performance as Harry struggles with his destiny and the usual teen angst, while Grint and Watson have more chemistry than any of the characters in certain romantic comedies.

~ spartanedge.com :ohyeah::ohyeah:

Is it from the last movie? I've never read that quote before!! This is totally true, Rupert and Emma have A GREAT CHEMISTRY!!!!! :yesyes:

This vid is too cute!!! I remember the first time I saw it, I was amazed!! Rupert doesn't know what to do!!!!! It's so funny!!! :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9gmsozEB1A&feature=related

And for you cbmac, you were looking the moment when Emma touches Rupert's chair area, well you can watch it in this vid (it's at 2:31 ;) )

Luciana!!!! HUGS!!! :) That is what I am talking about!!! btw my eyes are not focusing-were R/E alone or was Dan there? I see a blur next to Rupert and no one w. Emma-then again I could be focusing on R/E LOL...

All of your guys posts were just freakin amazing as always...DW (Katherine) thanks for the props :) I try! LOL...you cant help but love R/E...yessss that quote was probably said for DH 1 (since DH 2 has not been reviewed yet)-but they are right, they have more chemistry than most romantic comedy characters.

These vids-I LOVE seeing Rupert loosening his fingers to grab Emma's hand-what is even cooler is that they both don't even have to look down for the other's hand awww... I also love how Emma and Rupert just stare at each other and then looks away LOL...love how Emma pulls Rupert closer to her (then the director is clearly telling him to move away a bit-did Emma girl do that on purpose hehe)

I just dont need any more proof yall-no more convincing-I am just ready for them to reveal themselves ;)

Also, soulsister, I believe R/E have had their names written down as fate since birth. Like Emma said about R/Hr "it's gotta happen" ;)

^that was so cute :yesyes: on the second video was rupert rubbing on emma shoulders with part of his right chest cause if he was that an't no fiendship rub that :excited::D

YESSSSSSS he is...in fact, you will see his chest is against her arm almost the whole interview...this was this year's BAFTAs btw ;) just sayin... :rolleye0012:

I will be honest, I think that kiss not only did them both in hehe ;), but I think it also led to her relationship w. Jay not working out. I know she was off to college and all and doing a long distance relationship is hard and am sure that was a def a huge reason they didnt work out. But when you look at how touchy feely R/E were during the HBP premieres and press conferences, I think that was when Emma realized Rupert's the one for her. Also, when Emma said in her interview (THIS WAS ALL POST KISS)...the guys asks her Ron or Harry and Emma no hesitation "Ron"-I think he would be good for me, someone who makes you laugh, is chilled out, relaxed...what I found very intriguing about that answer was again Emma had a boyfriend (almost 2 years by that time) and I was like why wouldn't she add something like my boyfriend is kind of like that or something-people knew by then she did have a boyfriend-Rupert said it on the Today Show, Emma had said it too. One other thing I loved-Jonthan Ross asks her if Rupert was her boyfriend, she does this very quiet "no" and the look on her face, was like :blush: and I remember my reaction was :whaa: Is Emma secretly wishing that? I would have to say that whole HBP time was making me suspect something. Now, I just need no more convincing. :) TICK TOCK YALL ;)

REG-love your siggy!!!!! Ronpert + Emmione...even the names morphed into one fit each other ;)

Yea, I think maybe Warner's might have told them to wait until DH2 to make any announcements--maybe

in keeping this a REEL-REAL relationship!! <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-h4x21mvoo

Ummmmm....she said she misses seeing them @ breakfast every morning. Notice how sad her eyes look--

and remember when Rupert was filming Comrade--they asked him twice if he had a girlfriend, and he

said NO!! Emma said in her Marie Claire interview in Dec, that she didn't have any boyfriends-everyone

she was "dating" was just a friend--including Jay. Cbmac12--I think we're right!! tick :ohyeah: tock!!

Like I said earlier, Rupert is very private and sly, and I think they're secretly dating. I also remember R/E saying

how they were always trying to ditch those lady pr agents that are always hanging around them!! Looks like they're

good at ditching the media too!! LOL!!! Maybe they're using an "invisibility cloak"!! tick :lostit: tock!!!

smiling like that could never be a feeling of incest towards each other :yesyes: could never be :tongue0020: they may not be together rite now but there is some attraction between them and they both know it :ohyeah:. i really believe they like each other but scared to make the next move cause there no brother and sister look :lostit: on that picture

smiling like that could never be a feeling of incest towards each other :yesyes: could never be :tongue0020: they may not be together rite now but there is some attraction between them and they both know it :ohyeah:. i really believe they like each other but scared to make the next move cause there no brother and sister look :lostit: on that picture

I agree!!!! I remember when Emma said "It felt like incest"... come on!! there isn't disgust in her look, there is pleasure!! ;) Rupert looks so embarrassed, poor guy!! :lol:

I just dont need anymore convincing-I am ready for the REVEAL hehe I was reading a current interview with Rupert and what did he talk about? His bringing his ice cream van for the whole cast and crew that last day of shooting (uh didnt he and Emma serve it together :rolleye0012: ) AND that he was PLEASED with the ending for Ron ;)Did you buy a copy of the book and skip to the end before filming to find out what happens to Ron: Yes! I couldn’t wait. I expected the ending though. I was pleased – it’s a really good ending Gee wonder why Rupe? :rolleye0012: Anyway I just love his answer-he was happy with it...which is awesome because prior to that he was asked how DID he feel Ron/Hermione were gonna end up together...he didnt say a single word about how he and Emma are like siblings...he just said he was reluctant, didnt want to do it, was unnatural because they had known each other since they were 11. Seems to me someone changed that tune rather quickly ;) Those were his feelings THEN. Now--like I said were ya happy with the ending Rupert? YESSS ;) hehe

I BELIEVE this is BTS kiss- :ohyeah::yesyes::drool:

They are both looking MIGHTY HAPPY!!!! TICK TOCK TICK.... ;)