The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Coldplay

Anyone here fans of Coldplay?

I think that they are awesome and definitely one of my favourite modern bands.

I've been a massive fan since the first album and I think that 'Parachutes' and 'Rush Of Blood To The Head' is still their best work. I wasn't so keen on X&Y although 'Fix You' is a brilliant song. I loved both 'Viva la Vida' and 'Prospekts March'... 'Life In Technicolour II' and 'Strawberry Swing' are up there among my favourite Coldplay songs.

I have heard the new Christmas single 'Christmas Lights' and while I don't think it sounds very festive I think it's a pretty good song and I am looking forward to the new album next year, Chris Martin has hinted at taking one or two risks with this album so it will be interesting.

I love Coldplay! I find songs like "The Scientist", "In my place", "See you soon" and, of course, "Fix you" very soothing. And, even though they're quite a big departure from their original style, I really like "Viva la vida" and "Lost" (the Jay Z version - that's actually my cell phone ring lol).

A few memorable performances:

In My Place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqbmim2hsI4

(I dig it when Chris Martin goes "And I like it, I like, I like it I like it... li-li-li-li-like it, rocking all over the world, rocking all over the world")

Fix You:

(messing up at MSG but making it SO right)

Brilliant videos..... Thanks for posting them

The Scientist is such a beautiful song and that was a great performance, I thought the Fix You video was awesome.

Like you I have Coldplay on my phone too, Life in Technicolour II is my ringtone while an instrumental of 'Viva la Vida' wakes me up every morning, a great way to start the day.

This has got to be one of the best music videos ever....

Edited by dazza_stoke

^^^ Another great song and brilliant video too, Coldplay do some of the best videos.

Strawberry Swing is another of my favourites from Viva la Vida, I don't think there is a bad song on that album.

^^^ Another great song and brilliant video too, Coldplay do some of the best videos.

Strawberry Swing is another of my favourites from Viva la Vida, I don't think there is a bad song on that album.

As 'Viva la Vida' inspired my screenname, I'd have to agree. :D

Brilliant videos..... Thanks for posting them

The Scientist is such a beautiful song and that was a great performance, I thought the Fix You video was awesome.

Like you I have Coldplay on my phone too, Life in Technicolour II is my ringtone while an instrumental of 'Viva la Vida' wakes me up every morning, a great way to start the day.

This has got to be one of the best music videos ever....

Great music video! Very original and lol @ that moment where the song goes "and my feet won't touch the ground" :P

Thanks for posting, Dazza and Vida!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What does everyone think of the new album Mylo Xyloto?

I really like it, there isn't a track that I don't like and for me that's rare on an album. I even like Princess of China feat. Rihanna. It's a little different but I don't think it's that different as some people have tried to make out. Coldplay have always tried new things which is part of what makes them great.

I love 'Hurts Like Heaven', 'Charlie Brown', 'Paradise', 'Every Tear Drop Is A Waterfall', 'Princess Of China' and 'Up In Flames'.

Their new CD is great. Probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite from them.

Can't say I like the song "Us against the world" though...

I really like Hurts like Heaven, Princess of China, Don't Let it Break your Heart, Charlie Brown, and of course Paradise and Every teardrop is a waterfall

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a HUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE Coldplay fan. Like love, love, LOVE coldplay. They're my favorite band. I really want to get their latest album. I've listened to a few of the songs on youtube and I love them. My favorite was paradise :)

Coldplay's concert was the best concert I've ever attended. Seriously. Nothing could beat that.

I love you Chris Marting :) <3

Edited by I.SetFire2TheRain
  • 5 months later...

Coldplay are coming to New Zealand soon for a "massive outdoor show" and tickets are cheap but I haven't listened to their new album yet, only a couple of songs :ph34r: Sounds really good anyway, better start youtubing.