The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Beatles

We can't have a music section without a thread on one of, if not the most influential bands in history... The Beatles.

I am a massive fan and while they are not my favourite band, I probably have more Beatles albums than from any other artist. When you look at almost any band today and over the past 40 years and see who their influences are, almost all of them list The Beatles, no matter what genre they are in. It is really quite incredible.

I think that their music was really ahead of their time and they brought on a new era in rock and roll. Their legacy will live on for a long time to come and people will still be talking about The Beatles long after we have been and gone in the same way that people will still be talking about Mozart and Beethoven.

It's easy for me as I don't live too far away but if ever you get the chance to visit Liverpool, you have to check out 'The Beatles Story' museum, it really does hit you the impact they had on music at the time and how iconic the band really are.

Although I love them all, my favourite songs include 'Let it Be', 'Hey Jude', 'A Day In The Life', 'Penny Lane' and 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds'.

Do we have any fans here?

We can't have a music section without a thread on one of, if not the most influential bands in history... The Beatles.

I am a massive fan and while they are not my favourite band, I probably have more Beatles albums than from any other artist. When you look at almost any band today and over the past 40 years and see who their influences are, almost all of them list The Beatles, no matter what genre they are in. It is really quite incredible.

I think that their music was really ahead of their time and they brought on a new era in rock and roll. Their legacy will live on for a long time to come and people will still be talking about The Beatles long after we have been and gone in the same way that people will still be talking about Mozart and Beethoven.

It's easy for me as I don't live too far away but if ever you get the chance to visit Liverpool, you have to check out 'The Beatles Story' museum, it really does hit you the impact they had on music at the time and how iconic the band really are.

Although I love them all, my favourite songs include 'Let it Be', 'Hey Jude', 'A Day In The Life', 'Penny Lane' and 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds'.

Do we have any fans here?

I'm not even remotely close to being a fan like you are - you probably know much more about The Beatles and are able to appreciate them in a way I never could attain but of course their songs have touched me.

I always go back to "Let It Be", I think you can always get something from that song, in good and bad times. It's timeless and somehow always relevant to what you're going through. A masterpiece.

"Penny Lane", "Lucy in the Sky with the Diamonds", "Strawberry Fields Forever"... *sigh* Such classics. Gotta love them.

• 4 weeks later...

I never really "liked" the Beatles, but I do highly respect them. Recently, there was a concert with Paul McCartney (2-3 hours) at the Apollo Theater in New York City. It was for celebrating 20 million subscribers to Sirius XM Satellite Radio.

If you go to Disney World (Orlando, Florida) in the future, go to Epcot. There is a big area that represents all the areas of the world (see picture below). In the England Section, they have a band that plays Beatles songs (they are amazing) and all the stores have all this Beatles merchandise.

Top right portion, all the way to the right of the river/lake

Edited by ckravitz

Being English, ahem, I have to admit to liking the Beatles. Lets be honest they are one of the greatest bands in popular music history. Everybody, no matter how young or old they are has heard of them, and could name some of their songs. They have been an inspiration to a lot of todays musicians.

A lot of their songs are classics, and have been covered by a wide variety of artists. Their songs will always be popular and the Beatles legacy will live on.

I'm not even remotely close to being a fan like you are - you probably know much more about The Beatles and are able to appreciate them in a way I never could attain but of course their songs have touched me.

I always go back to "Let It Be", I think you can always get something from that song, in good and bad times. It's timeless and somehow always relevant to what you're going through. A masterpiece.

"Penny Lane", "Lucy in the Sky with the Diamonds", "Strawberry Fields Forever"... *sigh* Such classics. Gotta love them.

Strawberry Fileds is My fave Song :)