The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hot To Extremely Cold Climate

I'm here for my friend. We live in India and its a good 26 degrees here. Pretty pleasant. The thing is she got into a uni in England and her term starts from january. I read in the news that its very cold there. I'm wondering as to what should she should buy to not freeze. I have no idea what kind of shoes or clothes work or how it is to live in minus degrees. No idea absolutely.

So I need some must have's for winter and the basic things that we shouldnt forget to buy?

Edited by pourlove

i can help :) seeing as i live in this horrid country lol.

She will need a very thick winter coat, something that will keep her warm against wind and freezing cold temperatures of down to -6

a pair of decent warm shoes that wont let any snow in, that way your feet will stay warm. I wear my uggs this time of the year because the snow doesnt get through and plus they are ultra warm.

Lots and lots of thick socks lol

Thick pyjamas, long armed and long legged pjs lol. Dont go to bed in shorts lol

A warm bobble hat :) a long scarf and a pair of gloves.

One trick i do is put leggings on under my jeans and put a vest on underneath the top im wearing for the day. This way it keeps you warm throughout the day.

One trick i do is put leggings on under my jeans and put a vest on underneath the top im wearing for the day. This way it keeps you warm throughout the day.

Hahahah I thought I was the only person who did that! lol now I feel a lot more normal!

Omg you girls wear a lot of clothes.

We went to shop for some coats today but found none :whaa: Nobody sells it here lol even the big brands dont cause no one buys it. And the ones they sell wont be fit for minus degrees or snow.

So can you guys suggest some websites to shop from? and yeah they dont even sell uggs or snow boots here :|

And another problem we're not used to cold here. Its 26 here and people are wearing scarves and light sweaters lol. Thats winter for us :unsure:

Its gonna be hell of a ride for her :P

And any british brands you can suggest so that she can buy as soon as she reaches :| Not too expensive though

Thanks again :)

i can help :) seeing as i live in this horrid country lol.

She will need a very thick winter coat, something that will keep her warm against wind and freezing cold temperatures of down to -6

a pair of decent warm shoes that wont let any snow in, that way your feet will stay warm. I wear my uggs this time of the year because the snow doesnt get through and plus they are ultra warm.

Lots and lots of thick socks lol

Thick pyjamas, long armed and long legged pjs lol. Dont go to bed in shorts lol

A warm bobble hat :) a long scarf and a pair of gloves.

Thanks Andrea :)

Omg you girls wear a lot of clothes.

We went to shop for some coats today but found none :whaa: Nobody sells it here lol even the big brands dont cause no one buys it. And the ones they sell wont be fit for minus degrees or snow.

So can you guys suggest some websites to shop from? and yeah they dont even sell uggs or snow boots here :|

And another problem we're not used to cold here. Its 26 here and people are wearing scarves and light sweaters lol. Thats winter for us :unsure:

Its gonna be hell of a ride for her :P

And any british brands you can suggest so that she can buy as soon as she reaches :| Not too expensive though

Thanks again :)

Ebay is brilliant for you no doubt if you dont have the shops that will equip you.

25 is your weather for scarves? jesus christ lol. That kind of weather is when im wearing no coat and have my windows down in my car lol. Gosh it will be a horrible shock when she gets of the plane here lol.

cheap but good quality brands: Dorothy Perkins, H&M, New Look, Topshop (but that can be expensive for some)

Ebay is brilliant for you no doubt if you dont have the shops that will equip you.

25 is your weather for scarves? jesus christ lol. That kind of weather is when im wearing no coat and have my windows down in my car lol. Gosh it will be a horrible shock when she gets of the plane here lol.

cheap but good quality brands: Dorothy Perkins, H&M, New Look, Topshop (but that can be expensive for some)

yea lol *hides* I'm wearing one now :| :P

I'll try Ebay :)

She'll be working part-time there so I guess she'll be able to manage to buy a little expensive. Plus she'll be living in central London and her rent and stuff is scary lol I died hearing it. Its way tooo high. But her dad's pretty rich here so lol :P She'll live fine haha

I'll let you know if i have more queries :) Thanks