The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Ok, so I've seen a lot of talk on here about shows such as 'Glee' and 'Gossip Girl', whatever they are. I thought I'd try and cater a bit more to the males around here and start a thread on Top Gear. For me personally, it is my favourite show on TV. The chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond and May is just sublime and although they've started to become caricatures of themselves in the studio segments, in the longer Top Gear specials they just exhibit pure banter. The show is brilliant, and everyone can enjoy it. It's supposed to be the most watched TV show in the world, with an estimated 350 million viewers, plus many more who watch it in not so legitimate ways. So I ask, what do you guys like about it? What are your favourite moments/episodes? For me I simply cannot decide, there is so much material to choose from. Maybe when they went to the North Pole? Who knows.

Series 15 ended in the summer in the UK and although 16 was supposed to start in autumn, it's been delayed slightly until the new year. From what I've read though, there are 2 Christmas specials, one on the 21st and another on Boxing day. The Boxing day episode sounds incredible; they are apparently travelling across Israel, Iraq, and other middle eastern countries, heading to Bethlehem (Obviously representing the 3 wise men). Sounds like it's going to be a great episode. No heard a lot about the other special though.

And to try and relate this to Emma somehow; in the summer they had Rupert Grint doing 'Star in a reasonably priced car'. It's got to be one of the best interviews I've seen of Rupert. Normally he seems very reserved and quiet, but Clarkson brings out the best in him. JC did at one point did ask him if he fancied 'Emily Watson' (Cue banter).

I have the interview here, although for some reason it's been mirrored as the how it was originally aired, but it's still just as funny.

So, what do you think about Top Gear?

I like Top Gear but I have only really started watching it over the past couple of years, although I have probably seen a lot of the older episodes on Dave. You are right when you say that anyone can enjoy it because I am not really into cars at all which is why I never watched it before, I never thought a show about cars would interest me, but Top Gear is different. I like the format and the banter between the three presenters is great.

I watch Top Gear occasionally , especially when it's one of their special episodes where they do a big stunt or go to another country. I liked the special episodes where they went to Vietnam and Japan. I would love it if Emma Watson was a guest on their show, I would like to see her road test a car.

• 3 weeks later...

By far the greatest programme on television! Well I'm an uber petrolhead and hearing V12s rev in a tunnel always turns me on, lol. I'm always excited to see them do car reviews and the Top Gear challenges are quite entertaining. Jeremy's review on the Ford Fiesta a few seasons back made me want to get one solely for the purpose of taking part in a beach assault with the Royal Marines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are right when you say that anyone can enjoy it because I am not really into cars at all which is why I never watched it before, I never thought a show about cars would interest me, but Top Gear is different.

I agree 100%!

Sadly I've seen just a few episodes (The Vietnam journey was great!) but everytime I watch the show it's just great. Great. And I'm a girl, it's not only for the men, ladies. ;) I have some interest in cars. Guess it comes from my dad who is just mad about everything that has a motor. And I watch Formula 1 too.

I really liked the Rupert interview, thanks for posting! And he was first, I was so glad for him. (I want to try and drive too!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's 350 million worldwide, I think there's usually a regular audience of about 8 million in the UK each Sunday. I do reckon they get the largest proportion of the license fee, plus obviously whatever revenue they get from other channels like BBC america, so they'll have no shortage of money.

Also I just looked into it a bit and it turns out that 350 million figure includes people who torrent it, so how many actually watch it legitimately we'll probably never know.

• 2 months later...

My BF absolutely LOVES the BBC version of Top Gear, and when the USA version was released he got me into it as well. I'm a car chick so recently I started catching up on the BBC Top Gear. Gotta love it!

• 2 months later...