The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Lookalike

They're both called Emma, they’ve both graced the pages of OK magazine and they’ve both got killer good looks.

But while one Emma’s a multimillionaire film star, the other’s a Peterlee schoolgirl.

Looking like actress Emma Watson has proved magic for Shotton Hall pupil Emma Brotherstone after scooping a high-profile lookalike job.

After a shoot with Sunderland photographer Helen Russell in the style of fashion snapper Mario Testino, Emma was asked to model George at Asda’s Hermione Grainger-style blazer.

While Helen’s shots were taken in Sunniside, Sunderland, Mario’s were taken after actress Emma, who shot to fame playing Hermione in the Harry Potter films, was signed as the face of fashion house Burberry and have appeared on billboards worldwide.

Schoolgirl Emma, 15, said: “I’ve been told before that I look like Emma Watson.

“I used to live on an American base in Germany and the Americans would always ask me if I was English and if I was Emma Watson.â€

A year ago, the teenager signed to Zeebra Model Management who sent her Helen Russell images to agents in London.

There, she was snapped up to appear in an Asda campaign which has since been used in OK! magazine.

Emma said: “I was over the moon when I was in OK!, I kept telling everybody. I signed to a modelling agency because I was interested in being a model, I didn’t think I would get lookalike work from it.

“I’m a big fan of the Harry Potter films and Emma Watson, but I don’t think I could cope with having my hair as short as hers.â€

Photographer Helen, who runs Helen Russell Photography, said: “As soon as Emma walked through the door I noticed she looked like Emma Watson and I suggested we do our own take on the Burberry shots.

I think she looks a lot like Emma Watson, probably the closest I've seen since I've been an Emma fan, but her eye brows need to be changed a bit and her forehead is quite bigger than Emma W's. What do you think? Sorry, this was the only photo I've been able to find of her.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda see it, but I don't. What is funny is that even though she is considered a look-a-like, we (or I) don't have the same feelings that we (or I) would if we (or I) saw Emma [Watson].

I find that she looks much more like her:

However, her eyes are much further apart and she has darker eyebrows.

Edited by ckravitz

I kinda see it, but I don't. What is funny is that even though she is considered a look-a-like, we (or I) don't have the same feelings that we (or I) would if we (or I) saw Emma [Watson].

I can see it. I could also see it with the OP's post of Emma Brotherston too. It's like Leey said, it's a sometimes thing. I don't think anyone is a look alike all the time unless they're twins.

Some more pics.

She comes close, but she needs

1) some freckles

2) different hairdo, and most of all

3) her cheekbones need to be higher up in her face (which is hard to achieve)

On the other hand, hey, it`s not like you don`t look better already than a lot of ppl out there, Ms. Brotherstone....:king:

Edited by 130671

there was this on the set photo from gof i think with emma and one of her doubles.that girl really loked a lot like emma and i think she was the closest look-alike i have ever seen :D

Is it this one?

If this is the one you're talking about then I think it has a lot more to do with them having the same hairstyle and same clothes rather than them looking alike.

what are the purpose of stunt doubles exactly? i mean... why can't the actors do the action shots themselves?!?! i jut dont get why they need stunt doubles?

by the way, they dont look alike in the face, they just look alike in body, hair, clothes, and MAYBE profile in the face. but that's it.

Edited by Rathbone*Grint

Stunt doubles are typically used in wide shots so they don't have to be dead ringers for the actor. When a stunt is too dangerous for an actor they'll use a stunt double. Doubles are also used for shots like in PoA where Harry and Hermione are looking at themselves when they go back in time.

Stunt doubles however, should not be confused with stand ins. Stand ins are typically used when they're lighting a scene or setting up a shot. This way they can get it all set up based around a person who's the same size and height as the actor. This way the actor doesn't have to be on set for these type things.

This happened back in January to a stunt double for Daniel. It's a really terrible thing.

Linky

I can't find any new information on it though. I don't know how he's doing now.

Edited by Unseeing Eye

Is it this one?

If this is the one you're talking about then I think it has a lot more to do with them having the same hairstyle and same clothes rather than them looking alike.

i found the picture and youre right :D......i saw it a long time ago and the memory was blurry :))

This happened back in January to a stunt double for Daniel. It's a really terrible thing.

Linky

I can't find any new information on it though. I don't know how he's doing now.

I know ... Sadly, the stunt double is in a wheelchair now, and will remain so. Paralyzed from his waist all the way down ...

Edited by Leey

Now, she is much more a lookalike if you ask me...