The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Miley Cyrus Smoking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VHaX3BAJE0&feature=player_embedded

wow. what do you guys think about this?

i'm pretty disgusted to be honest. i think it's because my sister looks up to her, and she's going to see this, and i unno. i feel so bad for the people who look up to her. she's clearly NOT a good role model AT ALL.

and poor billy ray. this is what he said about this:

God she's weird. How old is she now?

Billy Ray's her brother or dad or something? Hmm. Young people do sillier and sillier things these days. But this doesn't surprise me at all lol, she posed nearly nude for a magazine, so...

she gets worst by day, naked picture, lap dance, and now this lol... i knew this day would come lol

^she's 18 i think, and Billy Ray's her dad... she might end up as an adult star sooner or later

I can't say i'm surprised - just annoyed that she can't see how many young fans she has - and whos parents are now going to be trying their absolute best to hide this from them. Why is she so eager to grow up? She doesn't look mature with her whole slutty image, she just looks desperate. I'd never walk out of the door wearing half the stuff she does - but still ugh. What a waste. I feel sorry for Billy Ray, first the divorce and now this?

In all honesty I have zero pity for Billy Ray, when she did her pole dancing at the Kids Choice Awards he replies with "She likes to entertain." :huh: Right whatever, and he also brushed everything off when she did the half naked with a sheet pose for some magazine. He didn't parent her. *shrugs*

And like others have said I'm not surprised either, she's a total mess, hello the next Lindsay Lohan. Who I feel bad for is the parents of the young children who still look up to her. I get it she wants people to realize she's an adult, but posing in playboy and acting like a whore isn't a way to do it. Emma's been in the freakin industry longer than she has and we all know she's an adult and she didn't go around posing in playboy to get that point across. I've never been a fan of Miley and I lost all respect for her ages ago. But this, I really can't even comprehend a decent statement for the disgust I feel.

I wonder what the hell she is smoking? (Literally and metaphorically)

I wouldn't have a problem if it was, say, an odd cigarette on a night out. But this is just disgusting.

edit: turns out its salvia

Edited by yorkshire

Even though the drug isnt illegal, she really needs to think about what smoking Salvia might end up leading too.

To be honest i couldnt care less, but my little sister adores this idiot for some stupid reason so i am obviously going to be concerned about her idol.

And i dont believe for a second that her friends phone got hacked lol such rubbish. That friend videoed her for one reason only, so she could sell it if she needed too. The girl probably got above $40,000 for that video.

Just gets me frustrated, all the money in the world and she choses to hang around with idiots. Emma Watson is in the same generation, the same celebrity status but she knows that hanging around with that "hollywood" type of crowd would corrupt her. Or she just is not thick enough to have friends who would sell her out or smoke that sort of rubbish around her.

It's just sad, and then they blame this completely on the parents, I mean yes, the parents obviously have responsability on bringin up their childs but you know, she's 18, she should be smart enough to know the difference of what's good and bad for her especially if you're in the public eye. And you know if you need help then ask for it there's nothing wrong on that, at least that other disney actress Demi Lovato recognized needed help and asked for it.

honestly this Doesn't surprise me She use to be such a good Role Model for kids but now she is horrible i love her as Hannah Montana i love that show but thats about it.. She is pretty bad She is going down the Wrong patch I got no idea why they call her A Disney Star she isn't a Role model at all Disney Stars are suppose to be Idols to look up to and a lot more.. my sister is 14 and looks up to her and she smokes too just cause Mliey does it is gross.. who would seriously be such a big role model to 3-19 year old girls and Seriously Smoke?? this is why i love emma watson she is a wonderful amazing Idol and She knows that little kid look up to her

While I have no interest in Miley Cyrus or her career I do realise that she is a huge star to which millions of children around the world look up to, including children in my family. Although she is 18 and what she is doing isn't illegal, I think that this behaviour is disgraceful. She is only a huge star today because of her success through Hannah Montana and because of that she needs to realise that she is looked upon as a role model and being a role model comes with responsibilities, especially with young children.

She has clearly fallen in with the wrong crowd and unless she sorts herself out and takes a real look at who she is and who she wants to be then I think that the only way is down from here.

Just gets me frustrated, all the money in the world and she choses to hang around with idiots. Emma Watson is in the same generation, the same celebrity status but she knows that hanging around with that "hollywood" type of crowd would corrupt her. Or she just is not thick enough to have friends who would sell her out or smoke that sort of rubbish around her.

Btw, The Dude, the video you posted--LOL. :rofl: That was great. I was seriously not trying to laugh hard or loud, for fear of waking up other inhabitants. Lol.

But, Imagine...I agree with you. Why would someone of that celebrity status decide to spend their time hanging out with shady friends who would encourage or egg that person on to smoke or drink or whatever would defile their character in the public eye?

There is a sense of responsibility, once you achieve that type of status and success, that you need to maintain in order to keep your reputation and name from being tarnished, and especially when you have a wide, younger fan base. These should have been aspects that Miley should have considered before acting on this repulsive impulse.

But, then again, I would not have expected her to do so. -snort-

I lost all respect for her long ago. I never did pay much attention to her, anyway. And Ardi's right, maybe Billy Ray will get a divorce from his daughter. LOL. :lol:

Pretty lame move from her, indeed ... But the waterpipe (it was a waterpipe, wasn't it?) becomes quite a common thing. It's even allowed in my high school's Easter concert! 700 students, queue up for the waterpipe ...

Too bad for the parents' kids who indeed look up to Miley ...

Pretty lame move from her, indeed ... But the waterpipe (it was a waterpipe, wasn't it?) becomes quite a common thing. It's even allowed in my high school's Easter concert! 700 students, queue up for the waterpipe ...

Too bad for the parents' kids who indeed look up to Miley ...

yes Waterpipe i think that si very COmmon now a days

Well she's free to do whatever she wants for all i care. But i'm so disgusted towards those rediculous people who had to record this. Why for? "Talk to me, talk to me, you need to do more". Yes sure listen to your friends, you're not embarrassing yourself too much already.

A waterpipe is a bong. I know some are trying to downplay it but I wouldn't take this too lightly. Although salvia isn't illegal in Cali it is illegal in several other states. And authorities are weighing whether or not to make it illegal. It causes hallucinations and trips like LSD so even though you smoke it, it is more like acid than it is like pot.

A waterpipe is a bong. I know some are trying to downplay it but I wouldn't take this too lightly. Although salvia isn't illegal in Cali it is illegal in several other states. And authorities are weighing whether or not to make it illegal. It causes hallucinations and trips like LSD so even though you smoke it, it is more like acid than it is like pot.

The thing is that its effect has been controversial. Some say one inhalation is worth 30 cigarettes at once, while others say it's as healthy as 1/30th ... So which is it?

Technically at 18 she is an adult, but she behaves like a 12 year old. I don't know why she does these stupid things, perhaps she's just attention seeking.

She needs to get her act together quickly, she is a role model for a lot of young kids, she should be setting a good example.

Her father is being totally lame about it, he should start being a responsible parent.

If I worked for the Disney corporation, I would seriously consider ditching her.

I think because just because she Famous and She Can do whatever she wants b.c When shed Turned 18 she got her 8.2 billion dollars.. thats how much she had from the past like 5 years of her doing Hannah Montana and My Guess is that you know Celebs Do stupid Crap because That makes them more Famous