The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

I adore this trilogy, but I never found the courage to watch the first one again, since it was such a slow movie (whereas II and III are FILLED with action!)

Got the Blu-ray set?

I'm a massive fan, although admittedly I haven't read the books yet (which I intend to do) it's such a great story, they are brilliant films and I love watching them all, the scenery is just stunning... I have wanted to visit New Zealand ever since I first saw the first movie.

There are so many brilliant characters and a really stellar cast. The LOTR soundtrack is also my favourite of all films too, I find it very inspirational.

I am really looking forward to The Hobbit too, if it happens, seem to be hearing a different story every week. It's a fantastic looking cast already.

I'm a massive fan, although admittedly I haven't read the books yet (which I intend to do) it's such a great story, they are brilliant films and I love watching them all, the scenery is just stunning... I have wanted to visit New Zealand ever since I first saw the first movie.

There are so many brilliant characters and a really stellar cast. The LOTR soundtrack is also my favourite of all films too, I find it very inspirational.

I am really looking forward to The Hobbit too, if it happens, seem to be hearing a different story every week. It's a fantastic looking cast already.

I didn't know that Legolas was featured in the Hobbit's tale :o, as Orlando Bloom said he would return as Legolas!

It seems that no one feels that the first one was utterly slow ... Maybe I should watch it again :).

I secretly like this trilogy better than the Star Wars prequel trilogy. I like the Fellowship the best, followed by the Return, and then the Towers. I've only seen the Two Towers once and didn't like it nearly as much as the 1st and 3rd. I could watch the scene when Frodo leaves with the elves at the end of Part 3 over and over again and it would never get old.

It`s definitely the greatest fantasy film (trilogy) ever!:yesyes:

And LoR and The Hobbit are only the tip of the iceberg of Tolkien`s work.

For all of you who thought Sauron was the absolute villain and master of all things evil, there was a time in Middleearth when he was just a minor lackey of a far more dreadful master....a time when massed balrogs fought as infantry on battlefields against elven armies led by kings who could kill them singlehandedly:D

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know that Legolas was featured in the Hobbit's tale :o, as Orlando Bloom said he would return as Legolas!

It seems that no one feels that the first one was utterly slow ... Maybe I should watch it again :).

As far as I can remember Legolas is never named in The Hobbit. But IIRC Bilbo will eventually find himself to be in Mirkwood where Legolas comes from so it could be they throw him in.

I loved the films and I also read the books. Both have it's slow parts and all three films have parts which I enjoy very much. They could not have picked a better location to film this and the casting is great.

I think these movies win hands down on the scale of EPICness.

Probably my all-time favourite movies, I've struggled to find anything to compare. Writing, acting, cinematography, everything just perfect, IMO, and remarkably close adaptations considering the size of the books. I know there are things that have been missed out and changed slightly, but on the whole I think they did an incredible job.

And yeah, it could not have been filmed anywhere else. I really want to visit the sets in NZ.

I've read LOTR and The Hobbit, and I keep meaning to find more of Tolkein's work, it really is astounding.

Can't wait for the film of The Hobbit. Jackson's directing, right? Anyone have any idea of the release date?

As far as I remember Elrond was the only elf mentioned by name in the book. But it's been so long since I've read it. I'm sure Legolas wasn't mentioned though.

i´m a big fan of the Films and the books. I like the Special extended cut and i watch the films ons every year. The books i want to, but last year i did´t managed it.

In my opinion is Tolkien one of the best fantasy Authors and one of my idols.

*Ehem* any fans? These are definitely the biggest films made in New Zealand, made us so proud :o

Haha everyone in NZ (kiwis that is) I talked to, when I lived there, "hated" it! :lol: Because it's so hyped...

I on the other hand is a massive fan! Since I saw the first movie when it came out. :D Read the books a couple of times as well.

Lord of the Rings is definitely the best story ever written. :wub:

You lived there? Have you visited places they have make the movies?

Or have you finally meet one of the stars or designers?

Was that question directed towards me? Or padfoot? There are several kiwis on this forum which is awesome. :D

But if the question was towards me then my answer is yes! I did visit many LotR locations with different tours I did. I lived in the town where they made the ring! But not met any stars no. :) Just a couple of horses! Haha

There are now rumors that Elijah Wood will return as Frodo...Frodo was never in the book though...and I thought he wasn't even born(I mean he turned 33 on the day that Bilbo left the Shire for the second time(which was when he turned 111)...

I think that's been confirmed, but maybe not what you think.

What I heard is that Frodo begins the movie, recounting the tale of Bilbo in the book he was writing at the end of LOTR3, and then appears again at the end.

That would be awesome actually :D Good rumor, good idea

I think that's been confirmed, but maybe not what you think.

What I heard is that Frodo begins the movie, recounting the tale of Bilbo in the book he was writing at the end of LOTR3, and then appears again at the end.

that would be great actually yesyes.gif