The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 2011)

I'm glad orlando bloom isn't in it, I didn't like his character too much. Kiera Knightley will be missed though, but Johnny Depp makes up for both of them. Penelope Cruz is looking pretty hot as a pirate, which i'm not surprised at. I heard that Disney told Johnny to clear his schedule in 2012 because they're planning on filming parts 5 and 6 back to back, which isn't such a good idea. They did that with parts 2 and 3 and the third lacked terribly because of it.

I can't wait, it looks great and I agree I don't think it will suffer from Orlando and Kiera not being in it. At first I was a bit like, oh thats weird, but it is Jack that makes the movies and it will be interesting to see him without the other two. It looks good :)

Looks awesome...

They can change the cast as much as they like as long as Johnny Depp is Jack Sparrow, he makes the movies what they are, such a brilliant character.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Well, at first, he didn't want to return ... But 55 million dollars as salary (biggest actor salary ever?) changed his mind :)

I'm glad orlando bloom isn't in it, I didn't like his character too much. Kiera Knightley will be missed though, but Johnny Depp makes up for both of them. Penelope Cruz is looking pretty hot as a pirate, which i'm not surprised at. I heard that Disney told Johnny to clear his schedule in 2012 because they're planning on filming parts 5 and 6 back to back, which isn't such a good idea. They did that with parts 2 and 3 and the third lacked terribly because of it.

2 and 3 being shot back to back had nothing to do with how complex 3's plot was (yes, it was like sending your little nephew to Watchmen and hoping he'd tell you the story lolol) ... It reduces costs and fits better for everyone.

This movie is going to be a rip off. I know it has Johnny Depp in... but I stand by what I said 3 years ago. I am not watching it... they should have left it at 3. I have lost respect for Pirates of the Caribbean since. Geoffy Rush playing a totally different character... RIP OFF.

The only thing I like about this is that Rolling Stones and Johnny Depp are still in it.

It has the potential to be good, and the trailer wasn't disappointing. I suppose I'll reserve my opinion until after I've watched it ^.^.

Where have you read that? Everything I've seen is that he is the same character, same name, just a different job.

I second that question mark lol.

Hermione, why do you consider the franchise to be such a rip off? (I agree that At World's End was WAYYYY TOOO complicated, story-wise) I mean, Twilight is also a rip off, in a way, hell, HP is certainly a rip off to some people.

Where have you read that? Everything I've seen is that he is the same character, same name, just a different job.

It's all over the net. Just type it in any good search enjine.

I second that question mark lol.

Hermione, why do you consider the franchise to be such a rip off? (I agree that At World's End was WAYYYY TOOO complicated, story-wise) I mean, Twilight is also a rip off, in a way, hell, HP is certainly a rip off to some people.

At World's End is complicated if you have watched the other two. Twilight is a rip off to True Blood. Though I don't like True Blood. It was out before Twilight yet both are simular.

And it's a rip off because they didn't leave it as 3 as they should have. Making another 2 now is pathetic. Not keeping the same characters and the struggle to find the money to make these is simply a rip off. Changing characters into other people and no canon characters, just makes it bad.

It's all over the net. Just type it in any good search enjine.

At World's End is complicated if you have watched the other two. Twilight is a rip off to True Blood. Though I don't like True Blood. It was out before Twilight yet both are simular.

And it's a rip off because they didn't leave it as 3 as they should have. Making another 2 now is pathetic. Not keeping the same characters and the struggle to find the money to make these is simply a rip off. Changing characters into other people and no canon characters, just makes it bad.

Yes, At World's End's plot was surreal.

How about you enlighten me about the "changing characters" lol, but I am still not sure whether or not I'm following you :/. Barbossa is still Barbossa ...

And WHAT? True Blood = Twilight? Are you mad? :P. I love both (own all 3 Twilights on Blu and both True Blood seasons on Blu as well, but prefer True Blood overall) and it's like saying Pirates of the Caribbean and National Treasure are the same franchises, because they focus on catching worthy treasures ... Very little in common between those two ...

Yes, At World's End's plot was surreal.

How about you enlighten me about the "changing characters" lol, but I am still not sure whether or not I'm following you :/. Barbossa is still Barbossa ...

And WHAT? True Blood = Twilight? Are you mad? :P. I love both (own all 3 Twilights on Blu and both True Blood seasons on Blu as well, but prefer True Blood overall) and it's like saying Pirates of the Caribbean and National Treasure are the same franchises, because they focus on catching worthy treasures ... Very little in common between those two ...

Barbossa is not Barbossa. No main characters etc.

I have all Twilights too. It's an okay movie, but haven't you noticed Bill and Sookie story is the same as Edward and Bella. Spechually in series 1. Twilight come out after True Blood did. Yet Stephanie claims to have thought it all her self. Erm no you didn't love, you ripped off True Blood and made it for teenagers where as True Blood is for horny single adults.

Okay, you lost me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Barbossa#On_Stranger_Tides

Where does it state that the same actor switched roles?

SPOILER TRUE BLOOD

Well, I don't know how far along you are in True Blood (and I don't want to spoil for the fans, who are accidentally reading my post) but Bill & Sookie didn't just "fall in love" ... It was somehow ... Orchestrated ...

END OF SPOILER

Mh, whether or not Meyer came up with the novels on her own, one must admit that this kind of story has been told hundreds of times already. The vamp-mania is just an actual thing, once more, but the girl/vampire thingy is quite a classic, which is why I had hoped, while reading the novels that there would be a strong writing behind it, but that's not really the case, sadly.

Okay, you lost me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Barbossa#On_Stranger_Tides

Where does it state that the same actor switched roles?

SPOILER TRUE BLOOD

Well, I don't know how far along you are in True Blood (and I don't want to spoil for the fans, who are accidentally reading my post) but Bill & Sookie didn't just "fall in love" ... It was somehow ... Orchestrated ...

END OF SPOILER

Mh, whether or not Meyer came up with the novels on her own, one must admit that this kind of story has been told hundreds of times already. The vamp-mania is just an actual thing, once more, but the girl/vampire thingy is quite a classic, which is why I had hoped, while reading the novels that there would be a strong writing behind it, but that's not really the case, sadly.

It's not going to be on wiki... Anyone can do wiki.

I seen all True Blood, i'm just not a fan, okay? (:

It's not going to be on wiki... Anyone can do wiki.

I seen all True Blood, i'm just not a fan, okay? (:

Wrong about the Wiki thing lol. I find it funny how everyone thinks it's one giant database ...

So what, Geoffrey Rush isn't Barbossa anymore? You still haven't spilled it lol.

Edited by Leey

I agree that Pirates has sort of become this money grubbing franchise, but come on... WHO DOESN'T LOVE PIRATES?!?! Its just a fun movie. It is not meant to be taken so seriously. The fourth is going to be great fun!

Wrong about the Wiki thing lol. I find it funny how everyone thinks it's one giant database ...

So what, Geoffrey Rush isn't Barbossa anymore? You still haven't spilled it lol.

Dude my first post said he weren't Barbossa. Read better maybe? (:

And Wiki is not reliable as most of it's as you say 'database' is false.