The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 2011)

Dude my first post said he weren't Barbossa. Read better maybe? (:

And Wiki is not reliable as most of it's as you say 'database' is false.

As we're back to my question, since you didn't say more than "he's not Barbossa anymore" whereas every other source I read/saw didn't say anything about it lol. So read better, too lol.

Not true about the Wiki thing though. Most of its English pages (and a smaller percentage in other languages) of the articles are being controlled and moderated. Write crap on a "big" page and it won't last a day.

Edited by Leey

^Not really. (: Words say differently. So next time don't say I never said he isn't Barbossa anymore when it quiet clearly states so in many of my posts before. Even you just said I already said it. So be more clear next time. Ta ta.

Looks awesome...

They can change the cast as much as they like as long as Johnny Depp is Jack Sparrow, he makes the movies what they are, such a brilliant character.

I'm really looking forward to it.

^Was gonna say the same :)

I don't care what everybody else says I loved all the other films I like the trailer of this one and can't wait to see it...also i WILL miss Orlando and Keira because their love was such a big part of the story and they are both good actors

^Not really. (: Words say differently. So next time don't say I never said he isn't Barbossa anymore when it quiet clearly states so in many of my posts before. Even you just said I already said it. So be more clear next time. Ta ta.

I give up. You don't read half my post so I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying lol. Geoffrey Rush portrays Pirate Hector Barbossa in Pirates of the Caribbean one, two, three and four ... Show me a link that states otherwise.

And yes, the love couple had damn good performance skills ... Now that I think of ... What's the most recent thing I've seen Orlando in? Probably nothing really strong since he played Will Turner.

Edited by Leey

I give up. You don't read half my post so I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying lol. Geoffrey Rush portrays Pirate Hector Barbossa in Pirates of the Caribbean one, two, three and four ... Show me a link that states otherwise.

Well, in 4 he is now Privateer Hector Barbossa. Maybe that's what she means by a different character. But other characters have changed too. Will Turner was a blacksmith, then he was a pirate, then he was Captain of the Dutchmen. But I would say it's all the same character.

Well I agree that a 4th is to much. The story has to end sometimes. Most of the time the 1st movie is the best, the others that follow aren't. I'm still looking forward to it, but I don't think it'll be that good.

And you compare Twilight with PotC or HP? You can't do that, Twilight is junk compared to those. :P

Edited by W.V.B

Well, in 4 he is now Privateer Hector Barbossa. Maybe that's what she means by a different character. But other characters have changed too. Will Turner was a blacksmith, then he was a pirate, then he was Captain of the Dutchmen. But I would say it's all the same character.

ah men. i knew he played him in the other 3. but as we are talking about the 4th one only in here. i thought he might have got that point.

but btw, i read all your pointless posts of telling me the oposite of what dook just said.

And yes, the love couple had damn good performance skills ... Now that I think of ... What's the most recent thing I've seen Orlando in? Probably nothing really strong since he played Will Turner.

He has had a few projects but nothing major. He starred in New York i love you in 2009 and his next big thing is The Three Musketeers but the role is not very big there ether.I am looking forward to the making of The Hobbit in 2011 but enev there his role is only rumored. I would like to see as a lead actor for a change......his last one was Elizabethtown in 2005.

I am actually excited about Geoffrey Rush's Captain Barbossa. No one gives him as much credit as he deserves because everyone is so focused on Jack or the former Will/Elizabeth couple. But he is quite amazing and totally hilarious in my eyes.

The trailer is not disappointing. It will take some time to get used to the change of cast but I hope it's good. :)

I agree that this has become too much of a franchise and as such I am surprised Johnny agreed to continue, since he normally seems to be against that sort of thing, but on the other hand Jack Sparrow must be huge fun to play, I can hardly blame him! :P

It will be so weird having a different cast for the next movies. Not just Orlando and Keira but the rest of the crew such as Mackenzie Crook also seem to have been changed, which is a shame. Having said that, perhaps it's good to use completely different characters for a completely different story, because there's only so far you can take Will/Elizabeth, for example. Their story's been concluded, and it would be uncharacteristic of Jack not to move on. I do hope that if 5/6 or even beyond are remade that there could be some sort of big reunion at the end of the series, when Will is released from his 10 years service or something and both casts merge for an epic finale... but maybe I'm just dreaming haha.

My friend was at university right next door to where they filmed part of POTC4, and apparently there were sightings of Depp. I wanted to go down and spy but the film crew left before I got the chance! :(

Johnny went Jump Street again.(Yes, I know I'm dating myself a bit.) I'm disappointed. Just let it die. They were pushing it with At World's End. Just because they show him with a map of the fountain of youth, doesn't mean they have to make that movie. Just let it be the riding off into the sunset scene.

To be honest, when I first heard that they're making a 4th Pirates, I really really didn't like the idea.

No Keira and Orlando, I was like... WTH PLEASE DON'T RUIN THE TRILOGY THAT HAS ALREADY 2 UNNECESSARY FILMS IN IT :P

The Black Pearl is my all-time favorite movie and I was really scared that the whole Pirates thing is gonna get ruined with each movie that comes out.

Plus, OST has a different director, which is always scary lol. Just like in HP :P

BUT when I saw the trailer I was all "omg omg OMG!!!" lol

it looks so brilliant, I absolutely LOVE Captain Jack's character and I realised that he's gonna be awesome no matter what.

and Penelope Cruz is really good for the movie imo, I really like her and she seems like a great comic relief.

in short,

I CAN'T WAIT for Pirates 4!!! :D