The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Arrives In London

I think RI is colder than London so Emma must be prepared previously.

I believe this is true. London (and probably most of England) doesn't experience as extreme temperatures as those in the US. It gets hotter here in the summer and colder in the winter here than it does in England. This is even true for many places in the southern states. One of the places in the US that has temps somewhat like London is San Diego but it's also mostly sunshine there too.

On second thought, I suppose Seattle would be most like London. The temps are pretty much the same as averages go. And it also rains almost constantly there.

I believe this is true. London (and probably most of England) doesn't experience as extreme temperatures as those in the US. It gets hotter here in the summer and colder in the winter here than it does in England. This is even true for many places in the southern states. One of the places in the US that has temps somewhat like London is San Diego but it's also mostly sunshine there too.

On second thought, I suppose Seattle would be most like London. The temps are pretty much the same as averages go. And it also rains almost constantly there.

Perhaps, although at the moment in the UK we're getting some especially cold weather. Daily highs are struggling to get above 0C and I've seen night time lows of -14C just over a week ago. Also, yes it does rain a lot in London but due to the weather it's snow at the moment. Of course the country just grinds to a halt and gets into a major panic even over just a few inches of snow.

*record scratches* When did I call you Shirley? :)

You said "but surely it's gong to bug her..."

It's an old joke from the movie Airplane. Anytime someone in the movie would say surely the other person would respond with don't call me Shirley.

so instead of relaxing this christmas after finals, she's working poor emma

Filming will apparently take two weeks and they seem to have started it last week, so she might be finished with it before Christmas(which she will have that day off anyway) and might have the rest of her break off. Unless she has any other plans.