The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What Would Your Boggart Be?

What do you fear the most?

In the series most people's ones seem to be a creature of some sort. But mine, I think, would be a natural disaster. A tidal wave or something, maybe even a shark :P Took me ages to figure out what scares me the most.

What if you made two Boggarts face each other? :mellow:

Assuming the boggart is a creature it probably has a natural enemy(well okay, we are talking Harry Potter here, probably unnatural) it would probably change in that.

Wouldn't both of them keep changing forever, because like you said, they have a natural/unatural enemy, but then that creature has an enemy, then that creature has an enemy, so wouldn't they keep changing until something got in the way?

Edited by Eagle

Ready, this is my theory to disprove the possibility of Boggarts, even in Harry Potter.

Some people have stage fright, and a Boggart can't turn into "Stage Fright" because it's an emotion. There you go, Harry Potter, just been blown out of the water :)

Wouldn't both of them keep changing forever, because like you said, they have a natural/unatural enemy, but then that creature has an enemy, then that creature has an enemy, so wouldn't they keep changing until something got in the way?

I don't think so. A boggart still is a boggart even if he changes into another creature. He takes the form of said creature, he does not become one.

Most people aren't afraid of just one thing, even if they can't take the form of an emotion they will take a form that is possible for them to simulate what you fear most. A stage and an audience. Or a ravine if you are afraid of heights.

If they can't they will probably go for a more "standard" type of fear.

Ready, this is my theory to disprove the possibility of Boggarts, even in Harry Potter.

Some people have stage fright, and a Boggart can't turn into "Stage Fright" because it's an emotion. There you go, Harry Potter, just been blown out of the water :)

So wait, you're telling me Harry Potter is not real? It's all just made up? Like out of someone's imagination? You just blew my mind.