The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Stoke are trying to make Jermaine Pennant's loan move from Real Zaragoza permanent. I really hope this can happen as he has been fantastic for us this season.

We have also been linked with Swedish International Sebastian Larsson from Birmingham.

It was in the news today that Freddie Ljungberg is talking to two Premier League clubs, which I am surprised about. In his prime he was brilliant for Arsenal, but he had a lot of bad injuries and really struggled for West Ham two seasons ago. He's been playing for Chicago Fire ever since.

According to tomorrows papers Liverpool are hoping to 'test the water' with an offer of £5m for Robert Huth...

That's not a test, it's an insult! We paid £6m for him ourselves and he's been immense for us this season.

He's going nowhere, neither is Shawcross. Together they are one of the best centre back pairings outside the top 6 and one of the main reasons behind our success.

According to tomorrows papers Liverpool are hoping to 'test the water' with an offer of £5m for Robert Huth...

That's not a test, it's an insult! We paid £6m for him ourselves and he's been immense for us this season.

He's going nowhere, neither is Shawcross. Together they are one of the best centre back pairings outside the top 6 and one of the main reasons behind our success.

Oh man, I hope Huth will stay. But if you paid so much for him, and if he's so important, I don't think they will let him go.

David Beckham wants to move on loan to Europe again so he is playing regularly, and can force his way back into the England squad.

He wont be going to AC Milan again while the only Premier League team he will consider is Man Utd, and they have ruled it out. There have been suggestions that he may consider Preston, a Championship team he had a spell on loan with as a youngster. I think there will be lots of European clubs interested in him though.

He's 35, I still think he can do a good job, there are plenty of players older than him still playing at the top level.

I don't think he's the answer for England anymore, but if the current England players showed even half the determination and work rate as Beckham does, then we would have done much better at the world cup, he'd be a good player to have around the squad.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite saying he won't join another Premier League club it looks like Beckham is set to join Tottenham, he's had a medical and trained with them. It's not totally surprising, he grew up in North London and played for Tottenham's youth team as a kid before joining Man Utd.

Stoke have completed the permanent signing of Jermaine Pennant from Real Zaragoza for a fee of around £2m - an absolute bargain. He has been fantastic for us on loan.

Apart from that things have been pretty quiet for Stoke, I think we are waiting until the last few days of the transfer window. There are a few whispers that we are interested in both Jermain Jenas and Wilson Palacios from Tottenham.

Despite saying he won't join another Premier League club it looks like Beckham is set to join Tottenham, he's had a medical and trained with them. It's not totally surprising, he grew up in North London and played for Tottenham's youth team as a kid before joining Man Utd.

Stoke have completed the permanent signing of Jermaine Pennant from Real Zaragoza for a fee of around £2m - an absolute bargain. He has been fantastic for us on loan.

Apart from that things have been pretty quiet for Stoke, I think we are waiting until the last few days of the transfer window. There are a few whispers that we are interested in both Jermain Jenas and Wilson Palacios from Tottenham.

Well, maybe he makes Tottenham even stronger.

Sounds good. Did anyone leave Stoke?

Yeah, same for Hamburg. They didn't get anyone. Friday the Bundesliga startes again so today is the last day. But the test games were good, the young players were quite impressive. Even van Nistelrooy was awesome, 3 goals against Ajax (won 4:2).

Well I said yesterday that things are quiet with Stoke and this big story has broke today out of nowhere...

Stoke have bid £5.9m for Hoffenheim striker Demba Ba which has been accepted and the player is on his way to Stoke for a medical, all sources, including the local radio and most of the national press are saying the deal is very close and we could have him signed in time for Saturday's game with Bolton.

I can't say that I know much about him but he sounds like a very exciting player, and his compilation videos on YouTube are awesome.

Sounds good. Did anyone leave Stoke?

Not yet, although it's certain Eidur Gudjohnsen will leave, he hasn't impressed at all with only a few sub appearences, the last in October.

Well I said yesterday that things are quiet with Stoke and this big story has broke today out of nowhere...

Stoke have bid £5.9m for Hoffenheim striker Demba Ba which has been accepted and the player is on his way to Stoke for a medical, all sources, including the local radio and most of the national press are saying the deal is very close and we could have him signed in time for Saturday's game with Bolton.

I can't say that I know much about him but he sounds like a very exciting player, and his compilation videos on YouTube are awesome.

Not yet, although it's certain Eidur Gudjohnsen will leave, he hasn't impressed at all with only a few sub appearences, the last in October.

Well I can tell you Demba Ba is good.

Woah, now Real Madrid wants van Nistelrooy back from us. :mad: Because Higuaín is hurt they want him back until summer. And they don't wanna pay anything. After we slowly brought him back to his 100% they want him back and don't even wanna pay. They only created big chaos with their silly request. Luckily we still won against Schalke yesterday (van Nistelrooy scored the only goal). I mean they still have Benzema, why don't they use him? Or put CR as a forward.

Sorry for the double post.

Edited by W.V.B

Tell Real Madrid to go away, he is your player now.

Demba Ba failed his medical at Stoke due to knee surgery he had last summer, the deal still isn't completely dead, we are trying to do a new deal with Hoffenheim, either a lower transfer fee or to take him on loan.

Tell Real Madrid to go away, he is your player now.

Demba Ba failed his medical at Stoke due to knee surgery he had last summer, the deal still isn't completely dead, we are trying to do a new deal with Hoffenheim, either a lower transfer fee or to take him on loan.

We did. But they will try more. Plus van Nistelrooy wants to go too. He said he is very thankful what Hamburg did for him, but Real is special to him. So it's not over yet. >.< But he has a bloody contract, and they want him for free, like wth. And right now he's the only forward we have, the others are at the asian cup (Son) or are hurt (Petric, Guerrero).

And about Ba..he didn't play nice as well. He forced to leave Hoffenheim. Blackmailed his team. And they gave in. Now if that happens with van Nistelrooy as well, then the UEFA should do something about it. If players have a contract, they have a contract. They can't just leave.

Yes, I know about Ba's history and it does make me slightly concerned that we are interested in a player with a reputation like that. At Stoke we are well known for having a very close dressing room and wouldn't want to distrupt that, but I trust our manager.

Sadly, contracts don't mean much these days, players have all the power, especially when teams like Real Madrid are waving money around. If he is under contract then they should pay for him. I don't understand why he would want to go back there anyway when it's only short term and he is going so well in the Bundesliga.

Yes, I know about Ba's history and it does make me slightly concerned that we are interested in a player with a reputation like that. At Stoke we are well known for having a very close dressing room and wouldn't want to distrupt that, but I trust our manager.

Sadly, contracts don't mean much these days, players have all the power, especially when teams like Real Madrid are waving money around. If he is under contract then they should pay for him. I don't understand why he would want to go back there anyway when it's only short term and he is going so well in the Bundesliga.

Well, good luck. Interesting whats gonna happen.

I don't understand it as well. Our keeper (Frank Rost) said he can understand if he wants to end his career at Madrid. But van Nistelrooy said before he doesn't want to stop yet, he wants to go on a few more years. Maybe even at Hamburg. And now, since Mourinho 'called' everything changed. He does pretty good in the Bundesliga, he is the crowd favorite over here, everybody adores him. But he said something like that: "Real Madrid is the only team that can change something in my head now". When Higuain is back, van Nistelrooy will be only reserve again, I don't understand why anybody would want that, especially if the last time he played for Madrid, he was only reserve.

Edited by W.V.B

Transfer activity started hotting up today...

Darren Bent has moved from Sunderland to Aston Villa for £18m

Steven Pienaar has left Everton to join Spurs for £3m (an absolute bargain!)

While Ryan Babel looks set to join Hoffenheim for £7m.

Still no news on Demba Ba, things have gone pretty quiet.

Stoke have signed/are signing John Carew on loan from Aston Villa... he's been a very good player over the last few years for Villa and will be a very good signing for us.

I can't believe he is only 31, I thought he was older than that, he seems to have been around forever!

This doesn't end our interest in Demba Ba, we are still trying to sort a deal with Hoffenheim.

Stoke have signed/are signing John Carew on loan from Aston Villa... he's been a very good player over the last few years for Villa and will be a very good signing for us.

I can't believe he is only 31, I thought he was older than that, he seems to have been around forever!

This doesn't end our interest in Demba Ba, we are still trying to sort a deal with Hoffenheim.

Sounds good.

Well I'm glad my team, Hamburg, is strong and doesn't give in about van Nistelrooy. He'll stay. Real will try more and the spanish media is still at our stadium, but looks like we won't give in. Plus we most likely get Matthias Sammer as a sports director. If that happens I'd be so happy.

• 2 weeks later...

With players like Cassano, Dzeko, MvB, Ronaldinho, Bent, Adebayor, and Suarez moving between clubs, this has been a pretty interesting winter so far. Apparently, Torres wants to leave and two offers from Chelsea have already been rejected. Liverpool wants 50 million plus Anelka. If that does happen, that would be a pretty good deal for Liverpool, imo. Torres is good, but he's too injury prone and I don't think he's worth more than 35 million. Anelka might be on the older side, but he's a decent winger who can make an immediate impact, and that's what Liverpool really needs at the moment. Plus, with 50 million, Liverpool can really improve its defense and midfield. Maybe buy Mertesacker, but I don't think he's for sale.

Also, Spurs launched a bid for Fernando Llorente.

With players like Cassano, Dzeko, MvB, Ronaldinho, Bent, Adebayor, and Suarez moving between clubs, this has been a pretty interesting winter so far. Apparently, Torres wants to leave and two offers from Chelsea have already been rejected. Liverpool wants 50 million plus Anelka. If that does happen, that would be a pretty good deal for Liverpool, imo. Torres is good, but he's too injury prone and I don't think he's worth more than 35 million. Anelka might be on the older side, but he's a decent winger who can make an immediate impact, and that's what Liverpool really needs at the moment. Plus, with 50 million, Liverpool can really improve its defense and midfield. Maybe buy Mertesacker, but I don't think he's for sale.

Also, Spurs launched a bid for Fernando Llorente.

Interesting. But is Chelsea willing to pay 50 million + Anelka for a Torres? Mertesacker is a good defender. And maybe there is a chance because Bremen is pretty far down on the table this season.

I think that Torres will go tomorrow, Chelsea seem really determined to get him. I think that £50m is way too much though, he still isn't the same player that he was before his injury last season, but then maybe a fresh start is what he needs.

With just Jermaine Pennant and John Carew in so far it's been a pretty quiet window for Stoke, we'll see what happens tomorrow, I am expecting at least one more.

Liverpool's defense and midfield needs some sorting. They really need to get rid of players like Poulsen, Skrtl, and Konchesky. Asides from maybe one or two good games, they've been mostly useless. And Joe Cole needs to improve his game. Asides from Meireles, Hodgeson's summer signings have been mostly useless.