The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Which Harry Potter Character Would You Most Want To Play?

:o Okay, so here's you're chance. There's going to be a (hypothetical) new Harry Potter movie series. Which character would you MOST like to play, given a chance to try out for a roll and why? Tell us what traits would make you good for the roll... go from the perspective of your natural personality though! :P

Hermione... for her uncontrollable brown hair and love of books :P

Luna... for her strangeness.

Ginny, for her shyness (in the first couple of books).

Um. But I look nothing like Luna and I can't act :doh: I have no idea. But technically speaking I think, out of all the characters, the most I have in common with is Hermione and Harry. Harry and I have a similar but not exact same past of course, in a few ways. However I'm not a boy, so that slims down my chances :huh:

What about you, Jon?

Kimberley, It's tough for me, but it would probably come down between Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. I guess I could pull off the Sirius look (no pun intended) a little more easily, but I think my personality fits a bit more with Remus Lupin's.

In a way I might fit in with Sirius' personaility too. I can be very responsible and almost fatherly to people, but at the same time I have my own ways in which I hold on to the past a bit too much (something I think Sirius to could do a bit). I can be a bit of a loner too... even though Sirius was kind of forced into that. I kind of take what life gives me and I don't make excuses, but I feel like I underachieve in a way too. Here I sort of connect with Sirius as well, as he often felt he let Harry down, and I always worry about letting down my friends and loved ones, but ofc, once again, Sirius wasn't really at fault for that, where I must take a bit more responsibility for whatever my failings might be in those respects.

As far as Remus is concerned, I just think I fit well with his line of thinking. I could see myself as the "cool" teacher, who would be concerned about his students... but not too hard on them. Hopefully I would be the kind of teacher who would focus on the practical learning that Remus was so intuned to. Maybe in reality, I'm a bit more like Sirius, but fancy myself wanting to be a bit more like Remus... I'm not sure. I guess I could also see myself as the professorial type who meets the hip/cool younger girl, like Tonks - so maybe that's why I WANT to identify with Lupin! hehe :P

Ofcourse, I came from a good and stable family, so I would differ from Sirius in that respect I suppose. That's one area I'm glad I can't identify with him though.

Edited by Peter Pumpkinhead

Good topic!!

Luna would be great fun to play!

I hate to say it, but Bellatrix would also be very interesting. I like acting. She is such an intriguing character and a very hard one to play. I would love to step into her head and see whats going on up there.

Maybe Rose or one of the other trio's kids.

I would love to play...

-WAIT for it. WAIT for it-

Hermione. But, here's my reasoning: I have always been a bit of an overachiever. :blush: I never scored top marks all the time, in every subject. I struggled, but I plowed through my coursework. I am a huge book nerd; read way too much. If I can't find out an immediate solution, I become resourceful.

The past was tough for me--I had an inner struggle while away from my parents.

And finally, do dum da: I have the thick, sometimes frizzy, and long brown hair.

But, I can't act save my life. :lol:

My second character would be Angelina Johnson. We saw so little of her, but I reckon I am and always have been a bit of the sporty type. :D

Although I'm too old already for the younger years, let alone by the time a remake is made... Hermione. She is and always has been the character I identify with most physically, intellectually and emotionally. Failing that, Ginny, because although I look nothing like her, I can certainly identify with her.

When I'm older... Bellatrix. Without a shadow of a doubt my favourite adult female to play. The baddies are always the best haha. And as hard as it would be to follow in HBC's shoes, I would just love every second of playing a deranged psycopath! :blink::unsure::icontwisted8pz: ... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What´s a question.

I think to be playing Severus would be nice. He is misunderstood until the end and has so a big Burden to bear. I´m just a little bit young.

So Harry would be cool of course. Ron is also nice.

hm at the end, and in my age i would prefer Harry, because he is everywhere. If something happen Harry there, so i can play on so many beautiful places.

When I'm older... Bellatrix. Without a shadow of a doubt my favourite adult female to play. The baddies are always the best haha. And as hard as it would be to follow in HBC's shoes, I would just love every second of playing a deranged psycopath! :blink::unsure::icontwisted8pz: ... ;)

haha, THIS! :D

I may be a girl but I would LOVE to play Harry. He's always been the character I felt I related to most. The anger and sometimes even bitterness, but still he's loyal and brave (haha did not mean to describe myself as brave there but I have to say little scares me). Also he takes on a lot of responsibility (some of which he was given but still) which I do constantly.

So if I lost some weight, cut and colored my hair black and stuck on glasses than why the heck not :lol:

Because out the girls I really can't feel with anyone. Just for the sake of it it would be cool to play Hermione though. :P But looking-wise she's as unlike me as Harry is.

although i would love to play kreacher because I love to say something bad to people

or Fred or George because of their crazy ideas and because of Quidditch;)

and I think bellatrix would be interesting to fell how She feels :sob:

Luna for sure! I love her strangeness, I could actually do a good job playing her cause I'm a bit weird too..

Bellatrix is another good choice. Can't explain it, but it would be cool to play someone from the bad side, especially Bellatrix cause she's just crazy D:

O.o I thought you were serious when you said there is going to be a new Harry Potter movie serie...

I would like to play Hermione. Not very original maybe, but she's my favourite character and she has a lot of situations in the story and characteristics that would be interesting to play :).