The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Class it as literature if you wish but don't call it a comic book. Most of them are for 16+ or Older teens. It's states in the books.

I'm in love with my manga my collection is huge!

Death Note, Rosario and Vampire, Bleach, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist and more.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topic starter's first post was "Anyone who watches Anime or reads Manga around here? What's your favorite?"

the other thread is for anime in general, but this is only for Manga.

back to the topic

I been reading One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail, and Hajime no Ippo.. One Piece is one of the best manga in my opinion

the other thread is for anime in general, but this is only for Manga.

back to the topic

I been reading One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail, and Hajime no Ippo.. One Piece is one of the best manga in my opinion

One Piece looks good but I can't find it in any stores here where I live. I tried Forbidden Planet and Nostagia and Comics. They're the biggest comic book stores here and I can't find it. :/

I have a huge collection, about 100+ volumes. I stopped counting haha

I've got to the point where I prefere manga to real books. haha.

I know right haha .. but it really cost lots of money

It does and my mom hates it, she calls it wasteing my money. I call it leisurely profit. When I go the bloke always give me them 3 for 2. hehe. I go there to much. :P

My mom does that too, but it's not her money so she can't do anything haha

Whenever I go manga shopping you see the salesman smiling *he knows I buy too much haha*

Who said they are called comics? and who said manga knows age? ugh~!

here a volume cost depending on how old or new it's. About $11 or higher, I hate how they play with the prices when the price is printed on the book but they're the only bookstore that sell manga here >.

I know right? I've noticed lately too that all the new manga books coming out like the Naruto one's and Rosario and Vampire are coming our coverED. Like in Silican is it? The see through stuff on DVD's? I don't get it. None of the old one's are... but ALL new one's are. Must be extra lengths to keep them in good condition and to stop people reading them in the shop.

Edited by Hermione

This bookstore always have their manga covered in plastic, they open them in special cases only. Because as you said people will read without paying and they won't get anything out of it.

Even though I complain about the prices, after I read the volume and see how much the mangaka worked hard on it I forget it haha

I found One Piece at this book store called Kinokuniya, i dunno if you ever heard of it but apparently its a Japanese book store in Sydney... I hope you find One Piece, cus its awesomely mad lol

I have collect ALL of the Sailor Moon Manga even though they our out of print... my prized possessions lol.

I also have read Kare Kano

Anyone have some good romance Manga to recommend?

There is were I shop, Kinokuniya is the best :wub:

Why don't I have one!

I have collect ALL of the Sailor Moon Manga even though they our out of print... my prized possessions lol.

I also have read Kare Kano

Anyone have some good romance Manga to recommend?

You have come to the right place!

- Rosario and Vampire ~ A boy has 4 girls falling for him. Moka (A vampire) has also fallen in love with Tsukune and he only loves her from the 4 girls. Moka wears a Rosario which keeps her Vampire state at a hold. As vampire's are pure she can't be with him though. ): Read up more if you like. :P That's my summary.

- Vampire Knight ~ Night school consists of Vampire and day school consists of humans. But when a girl from day school falls in love with someone from night school and vise versa... what happens?

I know they're both Vampirey one's. The first one has Ice people, Succubus etc in it too. They're the only decent and non cheesy one's i've read lately.

Manga obsessed here haha. Sometime about a year ago i was given an ordinary book and i randomly opened it in the end, trying to start reading it. My friend was like "..dude?"

I've read more manga than i've watched anime. Sometimes the ruin it in the anime, example Claymore. But yeah, I hate not having the time to get to read new ones right now.

Do you guys actually purchase Mangas? I mean all the volumes? I only own Death Note. I can't possible imagine having to buy all the Naruto-Bleach and especially One Piece ones.

I got the first 4 VAMPIRE KNIGHT volumes! Yay BoMa i'm so happy. ;D

Yay happy for you ^_^

Do you guys actually purchase Mangas? I mean all the volumes? I only own Death Note. I can't possible imagine having to buy all the Naruto-Bleach and especially One Piece ones.

I do but I will never buy Naruto or anything long or my money will vanish xP *I watch the anime anyway*

last time I counted was +100 volumes, not sure how much I have now xP