The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I've never read/heard it. Is it good?

This is a summary of volume 1 from this website:

Naoto Saki is a typical young boy. He gets average grades in school, and nothing about him really stands out. His favorite thing to do is sleep - which doesn't exactly endear him to his teachers when he dozes off in class. Whenever he falls asleep, Naoto dreams of the same fantasy world. Then one day, Naoto gets magically summoned into the very world he had once only seen in dreams! All at once, he's caught up in a battle between the powerful beings called Elphis, and a group of human-like beings called the Sand Dusts. For Naoto, this desert world of Orgos is no longer a dream-he can feel pain here, and possibly even die. He decides he'd rather not risk his life, and would like nothing more than to return home. But the pretty sorceress who summoned him in the first place has other plans for him.

Covers:

Click picture to head to Amazon:

English Edition is Rare:

English Edition is not in Production:

I never read volumes 4 and 5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200 volumes? woow thats awesome, i'd love to have more than 10 volumes hahahaha

when i was young i used to read this manga Rurouni Kenshin or Samurai X.. anyone know this series? its the best manga i've ever read IMO

I would love to learn proper Japanese, instead of the words I learn from animes xP

I know right. I think it would be really cool at some point, if I could start reading Japanese.

I know right. I think it would be really cool at some point, if I could start reading Japanese.

That would be amazing, we can pick the Japanese manga without waiting for the English ones :P

When I was younger I was a huge Manga fan and got a Swedish Manga Magazine called "MangaMania", but the cost is what essentially made me stop reading. :( But I do have almost (missing 2 I think) all the Love Hina books, they were my favorite! Still think it's hilarious :lol:

There is a great anime/manga/japanese things bookstore where I live called the Science Fiction Book Store, they have the manga in both Swedish, English and Japanese! :D Would love to start reading again but it's still a question of money, like you said one book is around $10 (£6-7), way too expensive! ^_^ Could buy a small series but never anything like One Piece (which my brother reads).

Any suggestions? Apart from the Vampire ones Jade recommended. :)

I agree Hannah they are expensive but when I think how hard the mangka worked on it I forget about the price and buy it.

What you like? Comedy? Romance?

Edited by BoMa

Jade when you're like me and you buy 20 volumes at once it become expensive haha

But I try to go once a month or so, or else my money will vanish in no time.

I go once a week and buy 6. So it's about... 24 A MONTH. Works out 4 more than you, :P. But seriously, I don't find it too bad. I mean It's just a case of being able to save it.

• 7 months later...

Bringing this back! What Manga are you guys currently reading? I need some new suggestions. I've heard a lot of great anime starting from October, but nothing about Manga. :/

And any thought on Yuri? I tried reading some Yaoi back then but completely lost my interest.