The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Muggle Quidditch!

I'm on the quidditch team at my school and played in the Quidditch World Cup in November and quidditch has seriously been one of the best experiences of my college career so far.

Does your school have a team? Have you ever watched or played a game? If not, I reeeally recommend it.

If you don't know about muggle quidditch and want it explained, I explain it in the beginning of this video, haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AfytB2yntc

And if you're interested, here's a musical montage of a bunch of my shots from the QWC:

It seems fun, kind of disorganized, and for some people absurd, but still funny. Maybe if that sport would become popular, the Harry Potter's cast are interested to see some games xD

Hah, that'd be amazing. Trust me, a few of us really bothered a few HP stars on their Twitter to try to get them to come to the World Cup, because it was the day before and the daybeforebefore the New York premiere!! I'm sure people like Matthew Lewis or Warwick Davis or the Phelps twins woulda been all over it, but they weren't in NY for the premiere. :/

It is really popular though. :] You can look at the lists of teams at http://www.internationalquidditch.org

There were about 50 teams (of 20 people each) at the World Cup this year. :]

^Of course, you don't like Harry Potter! :]

If you went to the world cup, you'd probably like it. I know there are plenty of non-potter fans who play purely for the sport aspect. It's a straight-up fun sport. Don't assume it's not just because we carry brooms.

True, but It isn't a serious sport is it? lol

and it is a bit :wacko: lol

Hah, that'd be amazing. Trust me, a few of us really bothered a few HP stars on their Twitter to try to get them to come to the World Cup, because it was the day before and the daybeforebefore the New York premiere!! I'm sure people like Matthew Lewis or Warwick Davis or the Phelps twins woulda been all over it, but they weren't in NY for the premiere. :/

It is really popular though. :] You can look at the lists of teams at http://www.internationalquidditch.org

There were about 50 teams (of 20 people each) at the World Cup this year. :]

That's great. I'd like to play it some day, you know, for fun. J.K. Rowling has to be kind of proud of that xD

True, but It isn't a serious sport is it? loland it is a bit :wacko: lol

Serious sport like baseball, football, tennis, etc, i don't think so. But does it matter? xD

True, but It isn't a serious sport is it? lol

and it is a bit :wacko: lol

We take it seriously, but not seriously enough that we forget how to be silly every once in and while and have fun with it. :] It's freakin quidditch afterall, you can't take it TOO seriously. :D

There are talks of making it an NCAA sport though.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/88878/quidditch-from-harry-potter-to-the-ncaa

I'd like it if they actually flew around :puh:

I've heard that from a lot of people. XP

haha, looks interesting.

Oh, it is!

Hey, that looks like a lot of fun! :o

Theeee most fun I've ever had with a sport. And I played a lot of sports in middle and high school.

That's awesome, it looks like fun to play and entertaining to watch.

It really is!! It's really intense but at the same time everyone's aware of how silly it is so everyone's just really happy and cool and it's a really good time.

It definitely looks interesting, and looks like the players are having a lot of fun. It also looks entertaining to watch. But it looks so silly with the brooms :P . I guess it adds to the challenge, though.

Edited by ckravitz

It definitely looks interesting, and looks like the players are having a lot of fun. It also looks entertaining to watch. But it looks so silly with the brooms :P . I guess it adds to the challenge, though.

Dumbledore did call it "The most ancient and silliest of all wizard games." :]

And yeah it def adds to the challenge because you basically only have one hand to manage the quaffle or bludger.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The other day I visited the site of the 2011 Quidditch World Cup! Randall Island in New York City. Last year there were 4 fields, this year there will by 9. Last year there were 46 teams, this year there will be 80.

IT'S GONNA BE SO SICK!

I'm pretty sure it's November 12-13. Anyone who can be in the NYC area around then SHOULD COMMME! it's gonna be so tight.

• 2 months later...
  • 12 years later...