The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I was I just had some Jack Daniels, Vodka and Jagermeister. I won't be drinking for a while again though. I think for me now, it's just once in a blue moon. :)

Cool. Nobody wants you to relive what has happened before!

Edited by Joe O'Connor
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To put into perspective how much I drink.

I have only ever been drunk once. Blind, memory loss, black out drunk. I didn't like it. I do not like losing control of my body to the extent that I cannot remember long parts of an evening.

I have a beer after work, because it's social (we have many regulars in who offer you drinks or want a chat) and it just helps to bring you down from the stress. Throughout a normal working day I drink several pints of water, soda water, pepsi or lemon/lime not to mention several cups of tea. These all have an effect on keeping you going, and giving you energy boosts.

I walk to/from work, which is about 4-5 miles, so I grab a beer after work to bring me down from the caffeine rush, and then walk back, which is a good way of relaxing and de-stressing from a day.

Working in a pub is one of the most stressful jobs you can have, because of it's constant interaction, movement, and concentration levels. Most days I work 11-6 or 11-7 without a break. There's just no time for breaks for me, as I'm usually on the bar, and once I sit down I lose motivation and concentration to get back up again.

So I do enjoy a good drinking session now and then, and drink a few beers every few days, but I know my limits and when to stop.

My advice is, if you're afraid or unsure of alcohol, mix it with lemonade or coke. This will dilute it, and generally keep you in a good state of mind. The caffeine in the lemon/coke will keep you perked up, whilst the alcohol will give you a more relaxed feeling.

Kella (Porcelain.skin) can certainly say that drinking a beer or 2 makes me feel very sleepy :yesyes:

do enjoy a good drinking session now and then, and drink a few beers every few days, but I know my limits and when to stop.

My advice is, if you're afraid or unsure of alcohol, mix it with lemonade or coke. This will dilute it, and generally keep you in a good state of mind. The caffeine in the lemon/coke will keep you perked up, whilst the alcohol will give you a more relaxed feeling.

I'm the same way with my limits. I never stretch them, because I just don't want to be drunk, period. I don't mind a glass of wine or two with dinner. Though, I've only had drinks four times this year. I generally don't exceed that point where it becomes frequent.

You know, lemon/coke is good for the palate on alcohol, but not so great health-wise to have two stimulants in your body acting as reverse effects. But enough, of the health lesson :P . I'll stick that to my forum :lol: . I just feel like I can mix my drinks with things that have caffeine in them, because I get very :mellow: . Unsteady.

Last drinks I had was two months ago at a friend's lake party. Her relative made sangria with vodka in it and I didn't know that there was vodka in it until they took me into the kitchen to show me how to make it and then I went, "Damnnn. -_- " . I never got drunk though because I had stopped after the second cup. At the end of the night, though, I had a strong coffee. Wasn't the best idea ever. I'm just put off of caffeine in relation to alcohol period. I just sum it up as personal preference. -shrugs-

^^Thats enough to be going on with ;) [only joking] :P

I only drink ale, beer, hardly ever touch any spirits.

Usually have a drop of wine at Christmas, with my dinner.

I don't drink a vast amount and get drunk, thats just a waste of money. People should use alcohol in a responsible manner, unfortunately nowadays, some people drink way too much, and can make a nuisance of themselves.

It depends if the consumer has had any trouble with drinking in the past or has a reason why they feel they need to drink to just distract themselves from something..personally i'm not really into it, i only have a rare glass,that's just me :)

That sounds fair enough, I don't really drink spirits or "booze". Dark Rum, Beer, Ale, Mead and wine are my drinks.

Those are some pretty wise choices, but I cannot do wine for the life of me. I'll have just a normal glass, I easily get drunk and sick.

• 2 weeks later...

I like going out clubbing or going out to a bar to have a few drinks with friends and yes I do get drunk. BUT I always know when to stop. I'm drunk but I still know what I'm doing. I've never been so drunk to the point where I've been sick or passed out. I would never want to do that to my friends or to myself. So I think it's ok to drink (and to get drunk...) "tipsy" as long as you do it responsibly...

Which I feel like I do. Lol :P

^See I'm cool with that.....

...Kind of. I see why people do it and why they like doing it. But I still cant get my mind past what they make themselves look like. I know its harsh, but I cant help but think they look like an utter twat, and there is always a slight feeling of disappointment, I don't know why its just built into my mind. And the more I see it, the stronger it gets. I have the most socially unfriendly mindset

• 1 month later...

A police officer can stop you for anything and administer a breathalyzer if he has probable cause that you may have been drinking. Depending on the state you will get a DUI (driving under the influence) citation if you have even .01 blood alcohol content, or BAC. The penalties go up with higher amounts of course and in every state a BAC of .08 or higher is a DWI (driving while intoxicated; and at least a Class B misdemeanor or even a felony) and results in fines and maybe jail time. Minors under 21 who tested positive for any alcohol in their system will get a fine, mandatory education program, and a revocation of their driving privileges for as long as the court deems adequate. Refusing to take the breathalyzer (they are administering it without a warrant) won't put you in jail or anything but the penalty is that the court will suspend your license.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

New Zealand has always had a minimum amount that you can have. They have only just now decided to make it 0mg for under 20yr olds. Before that you could get away with roughly one beer

About time, too. Whether teens find a way around it is another story, you know what it's like here :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've been taught to appreciate the flavors of different types of alcohol, such as wine, rum and vodka. Right now I like rum more than the others. My father taught me to sense the "wooden" flavors of the rum, also the fruity flavors of the different types of wine, etc. I'm saying all this because drinking alcohol is an experience: the taste, the density and other stuffs wich I can't remember the name in English thehe. People who drink just to have fun it kinda annoys me, because they're mainly drinking to get drunk, and so, missing out on a very good thing wich is the full taste of the drink. Now, of course I've gotten really drunk, even passed out once, that was not very pleasant, but since then I've learned what my boundaries are. I think it's good to someone to get drunk, at leats once (f that person were about to do it, I suggest hiding the car/house keys thehee) because that way you experience how bad it is the morning-after headache, the mamory loss, etc. In order for that to happen you miust get really drunk thehehe.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been taught to appreciate the flavors of different types of alcohol, such as wine, rum and vodka. Right now I like rum more than the others. My father taught me to sense the "wooden" flavors of the rum, also the fruity flavors of the different types of wine, etc. I'm saying all this because drinking alcohol is an experience: the taste, the density and other stuffs wich I can't remember the name in English thehe. People who drink just to have fun it kinda annoys me, because they're mainly drinking to get drunk, and so, missing out on a very good thing wich is the full taste of the drink. Now, of course I've gotten really drunk, even passed out once, that was not very pleasant, but since then I've learned what my boundaries are. I think it's good to someone to get drunk, at leats once (f that person were about to do it, I suggest hiding the car/house keys thehee) because that way you experience how bad it is the morning-after headache, the mamory loss, etc. In order for that to happen you miust get really drunk thehehe.

Thats the right way to handle alcohol. I prefer old scotch whiskey like 'Lagavulin'. Expensive, I know, but one bottle last 3 month at my home. I like to drink beer too and sometimes I'm drunk but never 'over the line'

This I like. Drinking for the enjoyment of the drink, not to get drunk. That I can support.

Although I don't agree that people should try getting drunk to see what its like. I'm fine never touching it haha.

There was another party at the complex where I live. I don't know what exactly went down but there is SO MUCH broken glass on the ground. Must be a good 10 bottles broken. I'm glad I live at the other end of all that.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to go ahead and bring this topic back up because I think this is appropriate. Laws now allow immediate, mandatory blood tests right in your car if the cops have suspected that you have been drinking and driving, or are under the influence of alcohol. This is in addition to the breathalizer test, the "walk the line" test, etc. The last thing I want is a reason for the cops to take my blood. Just another reason why I do not drink.

I'm going to go ahead and bring this topic back up because I think this is appropriate. Laws now allow immediate, mandatory blood tests right in your car if the cops have suspected that you have been drinking and driving, or are under the influence of alcohol. This is in addition to the breathalizer test, the "walk the line" test, etc. The last thing I want is a reason for the cops to take my blood. Just another reason why I do not drink.

Legally they cannot get a blood test on the spot even with probable cause. Police still need to obtain a warrant in order to test your blood (same reason why you can legally refuse a breathalyzer; however they can still arrest you for 24 hrs and get a warrant while you're being detained). One way or another, this still isn't anything anyone wants to go through even knowing the law. Don't drink and drive, it's that simple folks.

Lol guys...if for any reason you don't want to drink, I definitely recommend it. If you can, put your attention to other pursuits. There ARE better and more important things. :yesyes:

i have a couple of brewskis with friends on Friday night happy hour every now and then, otherwise i rarely drink. lost too many gray matter brain cells in my 15-21 drink-raging days. once i turned 21, there didn't seem to be much point to it, lol. just a bunch of headaches, dui-happy cops everywhere, and very little money in my wallet. *sighs*

• 9 years later...