The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I drank a little I use to..

i alwyas though that sense my brotehrs drink i had to drink but now i relazie it is nasty

and I don't smoke..

I try weed I am not going lie abuot that

but what i see people go though with drinking I NEVER wanna go though it..

I never really got

drunk I try a beer pretty nasty

and My friend Told me that..

Drinking a beer a day is good for your health?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcohol use should not be abused, people should drink responsibly, too much alcohol is no good for anyone's health, [and temper].

I like a drink myself, the odd beer or two :rolleye0012:

Everybody has their own limit as to how much they can drink safely, know your limit, and stick to it. :yesyes:

Alcohol use should not be abused, people should drink responsibly, too much alcohol is no good for anyone's health, [and temper].

I like a drink myself, the odd beer or two :rolleye0012:

Everybody has their own limit as to how much they can drink safely, know your limit, and stick to it. :yesyes:

According to my friends, I'm a funny drunk... I'm actually a lot angrier sober. :lol:

Some people are really funny drunk :D

it is funny to watch

Yeah I had one too many cocktails one night and a few beers. I don't remember but they were saying I was so "confident that I could stand" although I was falling over things and a terrible singer. Did half a song of karaoke before I heard laughing from the other side of the room... it wasn't even about me and I was all "screw you guys I'm going home". Walked out tripping over things before I guess passing out by the billiards table. Then they took pictures of me haha.

I had a beer yesterday. No big deal.

It's just a drink. I don't understand people that treat it like it's a religion. Sure, it tastes good, and it makes you relaxed, but so does anti anxiety medication.

If you're so anxious that you need a "drink" to make you not anxious, perhaps you have more serious issues than liking alcohol.

I had a beer yesterday. No big deal.

It's just a drink. I don't understand people that treat it like it's a religion. Sure, it tastes good, and it makes you relaxed, but so does anti anxiety medication.

If you're so anxious that you need a "drink" to make you not anxious, perhaps you have more serious issues than liking alcohol.

Nicotine relieves anxiety to more people than alcohol does. As much as you don't understand people that "treat it like it's a religion", I don't either, I don't understand people that treat it like taboo. It's just a drink, a few won't kill you and it won't turn your into an evil mischievous minion.

Nicotine relieves anxiety to more people than alcohol does. As much as you don't understand people that "treat it like it's a religion", I don't either, I don't understand people that treat it like taboo. It's just a drink, a few won't kill you and it won't turn your into an evil mischievous minion.

Either way, nicotine and alcohol are drugs which affect the body and, depending on a person's genetic history (in most cases), can become extremely addictive for a person. "A few won't kill you"--perhaps this is true, but most people I know have quite more than a few drinks.

And, by the way, "a drink" is not just one drink. Technically speaking, one drink is about 3-4 ounces. Depending on the strength, or proof, of the alcohol drunken and the amount of consumption, a drink can amount to easily more than 2 servings. Some drink-goers have a general misconception that one shot of vodka, etc., is contained in a very small glass so therefore it would not pack as much effect as say, one glass of wine, or 10 ounces of margerita.

Granted a "few" drinks will not kill a person and turn them into "an evil mischievous minion", but most people do tend to over-do it. By great margins. I've seen people piss drunk. It's not fun to take care of other people when you're out to enjoy yourself. And, once you've dealt with a problem like that first-hand but on a larger scale it's such a put-off.

My first taste of alcohol was at the age of 8. My step-brother-in-law (I don't even know if that makes sense, but my family is so big it's hard to keep track) gave me a can of Budweiser beer without telling me what it was. My step-cousin made me chew candy, chocolate, and gum before going home.

At 13, I became accustomed to drinking a small glass of red wine with each dinner while on my holiday in Florida. I do enjoy the taste, to be honest, but it's not something I readily overindulge in. I tried a Greek champagne for my 17th birthday...well, two. I became aware of doctoring my drinks, and knowing and understanding my limit and not pushing myself to drunkenness.

So, I suppose when the word "alcohol" is mentioned, many people automatically think of worst cases. So, in some family circles it does become taboo (which one can argue only propels coming-of-age children to drink further in college). It depends on the presentation of the topic, though. I used to be very anti-drinking, after I witnessed the affects of addiction second-hand. It's not a pretty thing.

Since then, I've come to respect most people's opinions on the matter and I have continued to enjoy myself responsibly while surrounded by people I trust. And, yes, I did have a drink tonight but I drank it according to the recommendations given to me in an alcohol awareness class in university.

I will say, though, that drinking culture is very pervasive and it's very easy to yield to peer pressure. A friend commented, "You're acting very PG-13 tonight" when he offered me--on top of a full glass of margerita --a chocolate martini, and shots later and I had declined. I'm simply not interested in not being able to walk in a straight line, losing my sense of motor control, and slurring my speech. That interest can be left at the door when I walk in, and not taken with me as I walk out.

Edited by Lena

It's so interesting that y'all have such different opinions on this. :blink:

I feel odd saying I enjoy being drunk once (tops twice) a month and just completely letting loose. I can (for unknown reasons) handle a lot of liquour and tend to drink a lot but I've never became a pain to anyone, been sick or done anything stupid. I just get become very happy and by the end of the night I pass out. Few hours later I wake up, drink lots of water, take a painkiller and have a pizza for breakfast/lunch. :) It's a nice and different way to hang out with your friends!

I've seen so many people who have taken it waaay too far and I really don't see the point of that. But also I know we all have our reasons so I don't judge anyone for their behavior around alcohol.

I dont drink period. But I think that the way Lena drinks is the appropriate way and I think is cool. And I dont mind people that are drunk but can still keep hold of themselves and hold a conversation. Once a person starts shouting at me and throwing stuff and what not, that really gets my angry. I really believe in staying in full control of oneself at all times, so I hate what booze does to people.

And sirbenedictvs, I think its stupid how people hide away from it, I think that everyone should have a chance to taste it and make their own decision. Ive decided against it due to witnessing the effects of alcohol, but I dont think its taboo. But that still wont stop me from drawing Xs on my hands

And I dont mind people that are drunk but can still keep hold of themselves and hold a conversation.

If you meet a person like this though, chances are they are a functioning alcoholic. I have a couple of friends like this.

If you meet a person like this though, chances are they are a functioning alcoholic. I have a couple of friends like this.

Nah, its just that they arent quite at the "wasted" stage. They dont make that much sense but you can still talk to them if you know what I mean?

I love friends like that. We always make them the designated drunk driver. joking of course

It's so interesting that y'all have such different opinions on this. :blink:

I feel odd saying I enjoy being drunk once (tops twice) a month and just completely letting loose. I can (for unknown reasons) handle a lot of liquour and tend to drink a lot but I've never became a pain to anyone, been sick or done anything stupid. I just get become very happy and by the end of the night I pass out. Few hours later I wake up, drink lots of water, take a painkiller and have a pizza for breakfast/lunch. :) It's a nice and different way to hang out with your friends!

I've seen so many people who have taken it waaay too far and I really don't see the point of that. But also I know we all have our reasons so I don't judge anyone for their behavior around alcohol.

lol same here :P pizza for breakfast the day after is delicious lol :D

and i agree with the last part of the bolded section :)

ill join you i say i enjoy being drunk as well.

i can as well handle alot of liquor, which kinda is annoying due to the liquor i drink is hella expensive.

as long as the drinking doesn't get out of hand, or hurt anyone else but myself, i don't see a problem with drinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bz9-5iQjvg

Vodka, is death, this green dragon who breaks lives, destroys families, destroys completely intelligence of the person. The person turns to any animal any in general a being who can't independently live: vagabonds, criminals and all that is connected with it. I suggest to struggle with alcoholism very rigid methods, up to to-about-o-o, I do not know, m-m-m, to condemn, condemn on prison term, yes. Alcohol, is a pernicious thing

Hear, the professor, not заёбывай, pour, give already!

A-a-a, let's drink, give. Well, we will be»

Give!»

Give, we will be, health!

I will go, vodka I will find,

I will go, vodka I will find,

I will go, vodka I will find, vodka I will find, vodka I will find.

Go, vodka find,

Go, vodka find,

Go, vodka find, vodka find, vodka find.

• 2 months later...

Before I make my post, I should point out that I work in what is effectively a student nightclub...

In my personal opinion, there is nothing wrong with drinking, when in a recreational context, it acts as a depressant, and therefore it is effective at relieving stress after a hectic week/long day at work etc..

I also think that fairly heavy drinking isn't automatically bad, and depends entirely on the context, yes I get very drunk on a night out with friends occasionally, but that does not mean we are causing problems for other people in the form of anti-social behaviour, excessive noise etc.. as we all know how to handle ourselves, and know what our limits are.

There are obviously some that take it too far or simply do not know how to handle themselves, and people that use alcohol as an excuse to do stupid things, and I would make no apology for those people, but at the same time, would lay the blame with the individuals, rather than the alcohol.

Further to this, I do think drinking to the point where you develop a dependency (alcoholism) is definitely a bad thing, although, not necessarily any worse than addiction to any other substance (drugs, medication, caffeine)... but again, it is all about the individuals ability to control themselves.

Just for reference, at the venue I work at, we have a capacity of approx. 1200 people, and on average there will be 5 ejections a night for being too drunk/antisocial activity, which works out at around 0.4% of the visitors, and that's amongst a student population, which (in the UK at least) are regarded as very heavy drinkers and stereotyped for drunken antics (watch any comedy with a student bedroom in it, it will be full of road signs, traffic cones etc..)

I have an incredibly weak stomach.

It's gotten to the point where I have to cut out either soda, coffee, or alcohol, in order to balance it all out. I choose to cut out soda and alcohol, because my coffee addiction is gonna stay right where it is! ;)

I dunno, I've never understood the people that need to get drunk and party. A book and a cup of coffee is a party to me. I prefer the quiet.

I've never understood the people that need to get drunk and party. A book and a cup of coffee is a party to me. I prefer the quiet.

After the night I just had, I'm half sworn to never drink again, but you basically have it right there, for some people, the 'party' lifestyle of getting very drunk and clubbing is good fun, for others they hate it, and both sides should respect the others viewpoint and not affect the lives of people that choose to live another way.. that applies to people that drink a lot and live a loud life, as well as the quiet people of the world

I ahve to admit being drunk isn't fun. Tipsy and partying is a lot more fun than being sober, you feel good about yourself.

^I agree I sworn I's never drink again 3 times. The 3rd time was permenant because I ended up in hospital. >.<

But with the day I've had a fancy a sneaky Bailey's and Hot Chocolate!

Alcohol should be consumed in moderation, getting merry/tipsy is fine, but to drink to excess for the fun of it, is a danger to your health. Plus the fact some people who have had a lot to drink, can be a real pain. :yesyes:

BTW, I do drink, but I don't overdo it, I've learned from my mistakes in the past. :rolleye0012:

You can vote when you're 18. You can fight and die for your country when you're 18. You should be able to legally drink when you're 18 too. Alcohol has been the staple and major influence on trade wars and health for hundreds of years. In the 1700 and 1800's they drank alcohol because it was safer than the available water (alcohol kill bacteria). It is pompous to think we are evolved enough to regulate what is a natural occurence in nature that has been around since the begining of time, just for a regulated highly taxed industry. Prohibition doesn't work. Our American laws just cause lots of young folks to be criminalized for underage drinking in a criminal justice system that's already overburdened. :mellow: