123 replies to this topic

#121 Sgt Harbinger

Sgt Harbinger

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'm going to go ahead and bring this topic back up because I think this is appropriate. Laws now allow immediate, mandatory blood tests right in your car if the cops have suspected that you have been drinking and driving, or are under the influence of alcohol. This is in addition to the breathalizer test, the "walk the line" test, etc. The last thing I want is a reason for the cops to take my blood. Just another reason why I do not drink.

#122 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm going to go ahead and bring this topic back up because I think this is appropriate. Laws now allow immediate, mandatory blood tests right in your car if the cops have suspected that you have been drinking and driving, or are under the influence of alcohol. This is in addition to the breathalizer test, the "walk the line" test, etc. The last thing I want is a reason for the cops to take my blood. Just another reason why I do not drink.

Legally they cannot get a blood test on the spot even with probable cause. Police still need to obtain a warrant in order to test your blood (same reason why you can legally refuse a breathalyzer; however they can still arrest you for 24 hrs and get a warrant while you're being detained). One way or another, this still isn't anything anyone wants to go through even knowing the law. Don't drink and drive, it's that simple folks.

Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#123 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Mood:::/
  • LocationBetween a rock and a hard place ?

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Lol guys...if for any reason you don't want to drink, I definitely recommend it. If you can, put your attention to other pursuits. There ARE better and more important things. :yesyes:

#124 Emma_Rules

Emma_Rules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

i have a couple of brewskis with friends on Friday night happy hour every now and then, otherwise i rarely drink. lost too many gray matter brain cells in my 15-21 drink-raging days. once i turned 21, there didn't seem to be much point to it, lol. just a bunch of headaches, dui-happy cops everywhere, and very little money in my wallet. *sighs*

good_music_zps1def08f8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users