The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Finally Watched Twilight

Well, sort of. I watched it while cruising the Internet over Christmas. It was on HBO or somesuch.

**Fair warning - I didn't like it.**

I went into it with a fairly open mind. Now I'm basing my statements on the movie alone, I'm not comparing it to Potter etc. It was just so stupid. Over acted, silly and cliched. She figures out he's a vampire and isn't shocked or anything. It's as if she found out he was Jewish. What an under reaction. meh... When he's jumping around the forest it's just silly, not cool or anything just silly. And with the washed out style of cinematography they use I couldn't tell who was a vampire and who wasn't. They were all tan-less and pasty especially Bella. And Edward is supposed to be all dark and brooding but just comes off as a whiny teenager albeit a teenager who's extremely old. The special effects were pedestrian. And the scene where they're playing baseball? If they're so freakin' powerful, then why are they using aluminum bats? This ain't the little leagues brother. Use some wood. The bad guy, who best I can tell is supposed to be the Brad Pitt vampire, looks like a lost puppy the way he continuously cocks his head one way then another. I would think that Edward could take on all those bad guys with his eyebrows alone. Those things are lethal weapons. But then again, I've never like Robert Pattinson - not even in GoF. The guy's a doofus.

And can I say enough already with the vampire thing. Movies, TV shows, music etc. etc. Give it a rest. The vampire motif has definitely jumped the shark. These guys aren't anymore disturbed or brooding than a teenage boy who got blue balled. Because that's all it's about.

I know this post was really just stream of consciousness and for that I apologize. But it just came out that way.

I've seen enough of them to put me off watching anymore, I brought all three as a Christmas present for my sister, something I am starting to regret...she hasn't stopped playing them!

And then Buffy staked Edward.

I'd definitely watch it then ;)

I've never seen it or read it, it doesn't interest me in the slightest. The odd clips I have seen have been terrible.

I agree vampires are completely overdone at the moment as well. Although I am partial to true blood.

I've read the books, seen the movies.

I'll guess I never understand why Twilight is so loved?! Its not very good at all. I never been a fan of Robert Pattz either. Don't get why everyone think he is so hawt?! :unsure:

I have seen Kristen Stew in other movies and she's been rather good in them. But in twilight not so much.

The only thing I did like about Twilight was Jacob. Until the awful end.. :icontwisted8pz:

The sum of this is: I'm not a fan of Twilight but at least don't hate it either.. . But I'm more on the hate scale then love scale, hehe.

I am ashamed to say I read them all and I was happy at the moment but when the last book came it sort of all fell on me, it was a short lived obsession. very short lived.

It's badly and poorly written, and the movies are also poorly badly done with no good acting. I've watched them because my sister likes it but every movie I come out of the theathre laughing whereas it's not comedy.

I have all the Twilight books and all the movies. Sometimes I get in Twilight-mood. But naa, I think it sucks ... bad.

And it's weird that Robert and Kristen have no chemistry, when they're actually dating for real. I never liked their acting. Robert is soo good in both Remember me(love that movie) and Harry Potter, and Kristen ... well she can be good too. But together it's a disaster.

^Since when were they dating in real life. It was just rumoured 2 years ago. :S

I don't think it's too bad. I obsessed over it before the movies come out. But, now I think it's rubbish. The books are good. I couldn't watch it more than once, now. If someone else put it on it's one of those movies I wouldn't mind. Wouldn't put it on myself anymore though.

I did the same thing a bit over a year ago. I read the first book and then sat down a watched the movie. Funnily enough I was pretty open to it as well, but alas... it was just not to my taste whatsoever. Both book and movie sucks equally. I can't find anything good about them at all... so weird.

But I still love vampires! :drool: There's True Blood, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Being Human! <3

^Since when were they dating in real life. It was just rumoured 2 years ago. :S

I don't think it's too bad. I obsessed over it before the movies come out. But, now I think it's rubbish. The books are good. I couldn't watch it more than once, now. If someone else put it on it's one of those movies I wouldn't mind. Wouldn't put it on myself anymore though.

Well, they did celebrate New years in England together - not that it proof anything but why bring her there, or why did she follow him if it wasn't anything. And I think it's pretty out they're dating. Maybe they have split up, but I think they did date for awhile. But well, I'm not 100% sure. There was something anyhow.