The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Once upon a time there was a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf....

Is anyone else a fan of this brilliant series? I really enjoyed the first two series and the third is set to air later this month, I can't wait.

I know that shows/movies about vampires have been majorly overdone in recent years, Being Human is quite different to anything else out there at the moment, the main focus is the relationship between the three and their attemps at trying to 'Be Human'.

Once upon a time there was a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf....

Is anyone else a fan of this brilliant series? I really enjoyed the first two series and the third is set to air later this month, I can't wait.

I know that shows/movies about vampires have been majorly overdone in recent years, Being Human is quite different to anything else out there at the moment, the main focus is the relationship between the three and their attemps at trying to 'Be Human'.

They've made an American version of this that's supposed to be starting anytime now. TBH it doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy. I've had enough of the vampire and werewolf craze.

Not to mention it sounds like the the beginning of a joke:

A ghost, a vampire and a werewolf walk into a bar...

A friend told me about it so I got it and was hooked right away :excited: There are loads of GOOD vampire and werewolf stuff out there for you skeptics, this is one of them. It's hilarious, the actors are brilliant and it feels more real-ish than a lot of other shows does. And BBC is fantastic at making shows so if nothing else trust them. :yesyes:

So the third season is coming up soon? Fantastic! Can't wait to see them all again :ohyeah:

They've made an American version of this that's supposed to be starting anytime now. TBH it doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy. I've had enough of the vampire and werewolf craze.

I'd heard they were making an American version, don't focus on the vampire thing too much, it's nothing like Twiglight etc. It has a great story, some brilliant characters and extremely well written.

A friend told me about it so I got it and was hooked right away :excited: There are loads of GOOD vampire and werewolf stuff out there for you skeptics, this is one of them. It's hilarious, the actors are brilliant and it feels more real-ish than a lot of other shows does. And BBC is fantastic at making shows so if nothing else trust them. :yesyes:

So the third season is coming up soon? Fantastic! Can't wait to see them all again :ohyeah:

Yes, I am looking forward to it, they have relocated for this one.. they have moved from Bristol to Cardiff, so we won't see that house again.

Yes, I am looking forward to it, they have relocated for this one.. they have moved from Bristol to Cardiff, so we won't see that house again.

Awesome, can't wait!!!

It's nothing like twilight. >.<

Yeah thank GOD.

None the less. It's just...enough with the vampires already.

Haha I see how people would get sick of it, I just can't because I've had my head in the "magic" world since I was 10! It all started with Sabrina the Teenage Witch, then came Charmed and Buffy and it's just kept going... so I love it :D

Being Human has such a new take on the whole supernatural thing, it's really fresh and realistic (repeat, but the accurate word to describe this show). Especially season 1 is great. And the actors are sooo good! Aidan Turner (who also did an awesome job in Desperate Romantics), Russel Tovey and Lenora Crichlow.... Worth seeing because of the story, rather than focusing on the what the characters are B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So we are at episode 4 now and nobody's written anything ^_^ I'm still loving this show and I now realize how much I've missed Annie, George and Mitchell... such great dynamics between them, and I love Nina too of course. Does anyone know if it's decided when to end this series? I (at least want to) trust BBC to have a great ending in a not too distant future, before the stories run out.

So we are at episode 4 now and nobody's written anything ^_^ I'm still loving this show and I now realize how much I've missed Annie, George and Mitchell... such great dynamics between them, and I love Nina too of course. Does anyone know if it's decided when to end this series? I (at least want to) trust BBC to have a great ending in a not too distant future, before the stories run out.

Yes, episode 4 aired on Sunday and we are halfway through.. I am really enjoying this series and I think that it is the best one yet, the new characters have been brilliant so far and I don't think it's the last we have seen of the two werewolves.

I think there are a lot of stories that can develope around the three main characters while the move to Wales has kept the series fresh. Viewing figures are up to over 1,500,000 which is 300,000 more than last season, and is one of the most watched shows on BBC iPlayer, I think it will be around for at least one more season after this one.

• 3 weeks later...

I have only just caught up with the final episode and what a brilliant end to a brilliant series, I am not going to say much about it as there are just too many spoilers for those who are yet to see it.

I thought that Being Human was good before but this third series has gone beyond any expectations that I had.

The BBC have already commissioned a fourth series for next year.

I have only just caught up with the final episode and what a brilliant end to a brilliant series, I am not going to say much about it as there are just too many spoilers for those who are yet to see it.

I thought that Being Human was good before but this third series has gone beyond any expectations that I had.

The BBC have already commissioned a fourth series for next year.

It's aired? When? It's not available online yet :( Sure hope it comes up soon because I'm dying to see it!

Edited by Mrs Duck