The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What Are Your Opinions On The Mac App Store?

Well, the day has come. The Mac App Store has arrived and is predicted to be a huge success. For the Apple fans on this forum who has tried it out, how do you like it?

I, for one, downloaded my first app just now . I love how they "ported" what they knew and learned from the iOS App Store into this. Right when I began using it, I knew how to!

So, what are your opinions?

Edited by ckravitz

I briefly looked at it. Will look more in depth later. I was surprised at the prices too. I thought they'd be in the $5-$15 range. I saw a photo editing tool that looked kinda interesting but then saw it was $49. For only 50 bucks more I can get Photoshop Elements.

Here is some information about the Store I found online:

24 hours later...

Price ranges

The price depends on the company. A downloaded version is much cheaper than a retail version for one reason (clumped into one, that is): the shipping process. In other words, boxing, shipping, contracts, etc. That is why Aperture 3 (Apple's professional photography software) went down from $200 (retail) to $79.99 (digital). So, back to what I said at the beginning, it depends on how greedy the company is :yesyes:, or, for some, is how much their digital version already sells for.

Edited by ckravitz