The Emma-Watson.net Forum

This is a thread for all us trubies, whether you just lusting after Alexander Skarsgard or whether your into the books and television show just post here.

I personally love this show and the books, i even met Charlaine Harris back in march of this year and got my books signed.

Take a lookie :)

I've never read the books but would love to, I have a feeling I might get them as a little Christmas present as Ash made a point of saying yesterday we are aloud to buy books but not DVDs (we're both obsessed with horror films so if we bought DVDs for each other they'd be for ourselves as well which seems a bit mean)

But I love the series, getting annoying how they keep putting it on later and later.

^oh you need to read the books my dear, Andrew got them for me for christmas and i was scared by how many books there was but once i started reading i could not stop lol. Now i am a bit obessed with the entire thing tv and books lol.

Yeah i dont watch teh series on the tv mostly because the UK are so behind lol. Season 3 just finished in the US so ive been watching it online and OMG it is brilliant :D

I like having the routine of watching it when its on lol, its our Thursday night treat :)

We're going to buy the first and second series before the third one comes on TV here, because we both missed quite a bit of the first one.

^ awww i see

yeah definitly buy them on dvd, i think hmv have them on offer right now. Cheaper price :) i paid 80 quid for my blu ray versions and now the blu ray has gone down to 40 quid for the two lol so the normal dvds of the seasons are even cheaper :)

Season 3 should be out on the FX channel next year, early next year at some point :) can't wait to watch them on my tv and not on my laptop waiting for the thing to stream lol

^ it is brilliant being able to watch all american shows before English people. But the problem is that if your internet is having a bad day it wont behave and participate lol.

I swear by it for shows we dont show over here for ages like True Blood, 90210, Csi ny. But other shows i can wait till its on Sky.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if I brought a dead topic back to the mortal ones, but True Blood is currently my favorite TV show :P (Nikita being #2). I own both seasons on Blu-ray and am DYIIINGGGGG to see Season 4 O_O

I read that three characters are being added up to the main cast. That brings up to a total of what, 15+ main characters? I hope they won't start shrinking each person's screen time, though ...

Edited by Leey
  • 3 weeks later...

We're thinking of getting the first two seasons on blu-ray as they're £2 more then the DVD'S we were going to wait for those to go down in price but its actually a brilliant price for blu-ray

and I got the books for Christmas, lol-I said I thought Ash might get me them. It was a nice surprise though as he wrapped them up very nice to hide what they were.

I've heard the TV program does differ a lot from the books, I suppose I'll find out soon enough, just finished the first book and loved it :) Just hope I don't read them all too quickly lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if I brought a dead topic back to the mortal ones, but True Blood is currently my favorite TV show :P (Nikita being #2). I own both seasons on Blu-ray and am DYIIINGGGGG to see Season 4 O_O

I read that three characters are being added up to the main cast. That brings up to a total of what, 15+ main characters? I hope they won't start shrinking each person's screen time, though ...

ooo a fellow obsessed trubie :D

yeah i am worried about that, but tbh i could definitly see less of Sam, his storylines bore me a little. I want to see more of Pam and Lafayette.

Just excited for Hollow being played by the actress who plays Aunt Petunia in potter :D Season 4 needs to hurry up.

We're thinking of getting the first two seasons on blu-ray as they're £2 more then the DVD'S we were going to wait for those to go down in price but its actually a brilliant price for blu-ray

and I got the books for Christmas, lol-I said I thought Ash might get me them. It was a nice surprise though as he wrapped them up very nice to hide what they were.

I've heard the TV program does differ a lot from the books, I suppose I'll find out soon enough, just finished the first book and loved it :) Just hope I don't read them all too quickly lol.

awwwww yay :D Andrew got me them all last year for christmas and i finished them all by feb lol.

The tv show really is different, mostly because Bill is pretty much gone by book 4. But Alan Ball (producer/writer) loves Bill so i bet we will see more of him. Book 4 is my absoulute fave! which is season 4 :D

I wasn't very impressed by the series. I watched all first season and read the first book and of course we're proud of Alexander Skarsgård as Eric, but naa. And I hate that Eric's companion girl can't speak Swedish proberly - at least not when Sookie and Bill meet them for the first time. Hate when they do something like that - like in Titanic and Stargate. Find Swedish actors I say :P

But what you saying? Bill's not in the books after the fourth? What happen with him? I like Bill. He's cute.

I wasn't very impressed by the series. I watched all first season and read the first book and of course we're proud of Alexander Skarsgård as Eric, but naa. And I hate that Eric's companion girl can't speak Swedish proberly - at least not when Sookie and Bill meet them for the first time. Hate when they do something like that - like in Titanic and Stargate. Find Swedish actors I say :P

But what you saying? Bill's not in the books after the fourth? What happen with him? I like Bill. He's cute.

oh he is in the books, but not a prominant character if you know what i mean lol.

Yeah the books differ from the series a hell of a lot, especially where characters are concerned. Some characters are barely mentioned in the books and yet are prominent figures in the series.

Still awaiting stock for the DVD's which I'm fuming about, as we ordered them ages ago, but we're watching Dexter and life on mars at the moment so can't really fit true blood in for a bit anyway, its just the principle lol. Getting on well with the books though, loving them. I'm onto the 5th one now. Doesn't Bill sort of disappear in the third book, he was only in the forth a bit at the end.

Yeah the books differ from the series a hell of a lot, especially where characters are concerned. Some characters are barely mentioned in the books and yet are prominent figures in the series.

Still awaiting stock for the DVD's which I'm fuming about, as we ordered them ages ago, but we're watching Dexter and life on mars at the moment so can't really fit true blood in for a bit anyway, its just the principle lol. Getting on well with the books though, loving them. I'm onto the 5th one now. Doesn't Bill sort of disappear in the third book, he was only in the forth a bit at the end.

yep lol i love it. Not a fan for Bill you see so thats why i love the books lol.

I love book 4, its my fave so this year which is season 4. It will be focusing on the storyline in book 4, which is hopefully eric getting amnesia :D. Oh and Hollow is played by our very own Aunt Petunia :D

How come I haven't posted here yet? :whaa: I'm a huge True Blood fan, was turned a bit over a year ago when I read the first book and then proceeded to reading all the (then) 9 books within a few weeks. The books isn't quality literature (or even near) but it's definitely quality entertainment so that's why I love them. Don't own them though because it's so expensive ^_^ I buy so many other books...

The series have partly turned into a bit of a disappointment, but I'm waiting for season 3 to be released and then I'll re-watch all seasons within a short time to see if I like it more. I find it difficult to watch a show and just see one a show a week, or sometimes every two weeks. Especially with True Blood where Alan Ball has squeezed in way too many storylines. Wish Lafayette and his guy-pal would get out and Tara to sorta fade into the background... Sookie, Eric, Sam, Jessica and Hoyt and definitely Jason are such great characters you just want to see MORE! But I have to add Alcide was such perfect casting :drool: Can't wait to see Claude in action...

Also really hoping for Eric to get amnesia in season 4! That was one of my favorite stories in the whole series. Adorable and Eric in all his glory can never go wrong.

I love TrueBlood! So original . Can't wait for Season 4 (and Eric ♥). I've read three books so far, looking forward to number four.

Enjoy the rest :)

Anyone else hate Tara? I keep trying to like her but my dislike for that character is ever-growing. WHY WRITERS???

There do seem to be big hate for Tara out there. I don't really hate her nor like her for that matter. But she is annoying time to time I admit that.

She was ok in the first few episodes of season 1, but then she's just gone downhill which wasn't necessary for the character, she could have gone and become a great character. Instead the writers decided to screw up her life even more and because of that she's just grown to become less and less sympathetic. It's sad. :(

• 2 months later...

Season 4 starting soon people! :D I just saw a small featurette and it included a brief look at Sookie driving up to a confused looking Eric (sadly not naked, only bare-chested) and saying something along the lines of "It's me Sookie" and Eric replying "Who?"! I'm so excited their gonna have the amnesia thing :excited: Let's just hope the rest pans out as in the book,

where Eric becomes the new love interest for Sookie and Bill sort of fades out. He's a great character though so I wouldn't mind them keeping him on the show but giving him a different role than Sookie's boyfriend.

What d'yall think?!

Season 4 starting soon people! :D I just saw a small featurette and it included a brief look at Sookie driving up to a confused looking Eric (sadly not naked, only bare-chested) and saying something along the lines of "It's me Sookie" and Eric replying "Who?"! I'm so excited their gonna have the amnesia thing :excited: Let's just hope the rest pans out as in the book,

where Eric becomes the new love interest for Sookie and Bill sort of fades out. He's a great character though so I wouldn't mind them keeping him on the show but giving him a different role than Sookie's boyfriend.

What d'yall think?!

the problem with ur spoiler is that, Stephen Moyer has signed on for 3 more seasons like Anna and Alex as lead characters. which means Bill might continue being in her life, which is jsut stupid. as we know with the books he dimishes.

I'm excited too! Sadly I haven't read the book yet (it's on hold in the library, can't wait to get it) so I don't really know what's gonna happen. Even so, bring me season 4!

u must read the fourth book, its my fave. TBH i think its everybody's favourite.

• 3 weeks later...

the problem with ur spoiler is that, Stephen Moyer has signed on for 3 more seasons like Anna and Alex as lead characters. which means Bill might continue being in her life, which is jsut stupid. as we know with the books he dimishes.

UGH?!! That sort of sucks, sure Bill is a really nice character but Sookie needs to move on in the series as well! Sigh.

Could someone refresh my memory, when does the next season start? June, July? I really miss it, they take FOREVER between seasons!!!!

They take one year between each season :sweatdrop: Which is scandalous, especially since it's only 12 episodes per season. It starts at Sunday the 26th of June