The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Tale Of The Three Brothers

I recently saw the DH1 film.Obviously I LOVED it and one of the scenes that remained in my mind was the one when Hermione tells The Tale of the Three Brothers.Even through I liked it I was a little conflicted because the whole scene, being animated, seemed to be taken out of a Tim Burton movie and it seem to clash a little with the general atmosphere of the Harry Potter films.

what do the rest of you think?

There was never a fully animated sequence in the entire series until now. I do agree with you, though, that it was an outlier to Harry Potter films. An experiment on the director's part; a success on the director's part.

Edited by ckravitz

I liked Emma's narration. I didn't care for the style of the animation (yes, reminiscent of Burton who I dislike) but something was needed. They couldn't just have the camera on Emma reading. I think live actors would have been even stranger than animation.

I think live actors would have been even stranger than animation.

Yeah, I agree. If there were live actors doing the parts, it would just seem really weird. I guess there are some stories that can't be explained without a trusty computer.

I liked Emma's narration. I didn't care for the style of the animation (yes, reminiscent of Burton who I dislike) but something was needed. They couldn't just have the camera on Emma reading. I think live actors would have been even stranger than animation.

I agree with this.

But in a way I also agree with what Rena said.

:wacko:

It was a nice touch to the movie how they showed the story. I don't get why they showed it in that way though, makes Harry Potter more unrealistic. I mean, I know it's not real but they make it seem as realistic as possible but playing that scene the way they did just puts a damper on it. They should have used actors. I did like the touch it had on the movie though. (:

I LOVED IT!

Emma's narration was pefect, we know she likes to recite :P

and I loved the fact that it looked like a Tim Burton's movie! :lol: That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it and I just thought it's brilliant. I love Tim Burton :)

I was really impressed with the whole scene.

I liked this scene very much. My friends didn´t but it´s a great way to tell a story and don´t let the trio sit there in the Lovegoods house. Great solution for a problem.

I thought it was interesting and pretty cool myself, and the animation fit the scene very well. Emma narrating the story made it even better. EmRocksSocks in the main site's comments said it when DH1 came out, but there isn't enough talk about how beautiful her voice is. :wub:

I LOVED IT!

Emma's narration was pefect, we know she likes to recite :P

and I loved the fact that it looked like a Tim Burton's movie! :lol: That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it and I just thought it's brilliant. I love Tim Burton :)

I was really impressed with the whole scene.

i feel the same way.

it was one of my fav scenes of the movie actually :)

When I watched it I didn´t really know how I would find it,but now when I think about it I think they did a very good job!! It was a bit risky to go with a fully animated sequence, but it was the right decision. Even though it is not the typical Harry Potter style, it kinda fits into the movie very well and Hermiones narration was great!

Edited by Rose
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked. The animation was amazing, and maybe it has a Burton feeling, but not entirely (I´m saying this as huge Burton´s fan).

Emma narration was excellent.

I think it fitted the movie pretty well, I always thought how they were going to tell the tale, and it surprised me, I liked it a lot.

Edited by Sizzler-Sister