The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder whether this movie will be released in France... I was not too impressed with the trailer, to be honest, and MK was never my favourite twin, but I'd still like to watch it, if I can.

Alex looked amazing. Mary-Kate was looking very freaky-ish. :P As for the movie itself, it was alike in many ways. It didn't make me aww or squee like the other girls in the screen though.

• 2 months later...

Alex looked amazing. Mary-Kate was looking very freaky-ish. :P As for the movie itself, it was alike in many ways. It didn't make me aww or squee like the other girls in the screen though.

It's coming out next Wednesday in France, I'm looking forward to seeing it, even though it looks like your typical teen movie.

I think I'm going to buy "Influence", the coffeetable book they released in 2008. I didn't buy it when it came out, because I felt it was way too pricey for what it was, but prices have really gone down now... And I'm quite curious and eager to read it, the reviews were quite good.

Well, I think they don't really expect to make a lot of money from that movie :P

With respect to US movies in Europe, I guess blockbusters are released worldwide at the same time, to avoid pirated copies being available on the Internet way before the release, but I suppose it's different for indie movies (even amazing ones, such as "Blue Valentine", for instance) or "bad" movies that will just be used to fill the summer void.

Then again, you get European movies months after they've been released too, don't you?

Anyway, I read several reviews about "Beastly" and it seems to really suck. Not that it's going to prevent me from going to see MK's latest movie...

OK, so I saw "Beastly" last night. I had read such terrible reviews that I entered the cinema with super low expectations. And I have to say that most of the movie lived up to them: the plotline is based on the Beauty and the Beast, fair enough, but they could have made the screenplay just a little bit more believable. The acting was not the most amazing I've seen and I often found myself cringing a little bit at some of the lines and the way they were delivered. However, if you take the movie for what it is, ie silly entertainment and a love story for teenagers, you'll leave the cinema smiling :)

MK was so-so, I'd say. The scene where she wears the black, short-haired wig was downright embarrassing, her acting was crap and I was bewildered that a girl who's been acting her own life and who had done such a good job on Weeds and The Wackness (Factory Girl was more of a cameo) couldn't do better. But she was OK during the rest of the movie. Not her best contribution to cinema, that's for sure, but not worse than, say, So Little Time lol. I guess she did what she could with the phoney lines.

One thing that struck me though is how they got inspired by MK's own style for the witch's costumes. The long, dishevelled hair, the platform shoes, the baggy black clothes...

• 1 month later...

My copy of "Influence" arrived yesterday - such a great coffee table book! The visuals are absolutely stunning and the content is so interesting, you keep wanting to read more and more. Also, you get a nice insight into the girls' personal collections and photographs.

^^iv had influence since it was released..but i still havent read it :rolleye0012:

but iv looked through at the pictures, and i love it!

You should definitely read it, it's very well-done and inspirational :)

I was reading Ashley's interview of photographer Peter Lindbergh, who (among others) did the photoshoot for her first solo cover of Harper's Bazaar and I got interested in his work... So I googled and youtubed him, and here's what I found: some beautiful black and white footage of the girls that he directed. I've never seen this short video on any website but I think any fan would enjoy watching it... Link:

^^ havent seen that clip before either, thanks for posting :)

love that clip though, really beautiful!

I know! I like that it was different - much more poetic and timeless - from your usual photoshoot footage.

This new, very interesting interview came out recently, I'd recommend it: http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG8701842/Double-vision-luxury-fashion-by-the-Olsen-twins.html