The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Musicals/Soundtracks Etc

So I'm extremely picky when it comes to music, but I'm a huge fan of some musical numbers ...

- The Scarlett Pimpernel, Once more with Feeling (Buffy), parts of Grease, the Nightmare before Christmas, Chicago, Sweeny Todd...

and generally movie soundtracks...

- Edward Scissorhands, Amelie from Montmartre, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Once upon a time in Mexico, Holes...

and of course Walt Disney! My biggest passion. Especially Tarzan, the Little Mermaid and the Lion King.

Anyone else fans of movie music? If so, what? :king:

I like some soundtracks for example Lord of the Rings, some tracks on the Harry Potter Soundtracks, most soundtracks by Hans Zimmer and some of the soundtracks by John Wiliams and some tv-series-sondtracks (Children of Dune, 24)...

I'm a huge fan of musicals. Chicago, Jesus Christ superstar, Bugsy Malone, Evita, etc. One of my playlists on Spotify is only musicals.

But soundtracks I don't really care. I love the soundtrack to Natural born killers. Have always done it. Since I saw the movie the first time.

I'm a huge fan of musicals. Chicago, Jesus Christ superstar, Bugsy Malone, Evita, etc. One of my playlists on Spotify is only musicals.

But soundtracks I don't really care. I love the soundtrack to Natural born killers. Have always done it. Since I saw the movie the first time.

I love Bugsy Malone :ohyeah: But never heard of anyone else that does it too, awesome.

Another composer worth mentioning (apart from Hans Zimmer and John Williams) is Danny Elfman! <3

I don't watch many musicals but there are a lot of songs from musicals which I love. I listen to a lot of classical and crossover music so I hear a lot of songs from musicals. I particually love 'Somewhere' from West Side Story.

I love film sountracks, I went to a concert last year to see an orchestra peforming famous film scores and I have a few albums as well. For me if a movie hasn't got a good soundtrack, it can be a bit of a let down, music can add a lot of feeling to films.

My favourites include Pirates of the Carribean and Gladiator by Hanz Zimmer, Lord of the Rings by Howard Shore, Sunshine by John Murphy and pretty much anything John Williams has ever done.

Doctor Who. :yesyes: Not a movie soundtrack but a soundtrack nevertheless.

The Doctor Who score by Murray Gold is absolutely brilliant, one of my favourites is 'Song Of Freedom' from season four when the Tardis is pulling the Earth back home.

faves are PHANTOM of the opera its my #1 fave - and also once more with feeling,sweeney todd -- amazing. and all the disneys..

when i was a kid i was in the bugsy malone mmusical

soundtracks - deathly hallows, donnie darko, kick ass, pirates of the carribean,coraline,

Edited by Laura
one of my favourites is 'Song Of Freedom'

I've seen recordings of it being performed in the Royal Albert Hall and towards the end, Ben Foster turns around and gives the audience a cue to clap along, so in a way he doesn't only conduct an orchestra and choir in front of him but also several thousand people behind him. Very impressive.

My other Doctor Who favourites include Vale Decem, Doomsday, Song for Ten, A Dazzling End, and I Am The Doctor. :wub:

I'm currently in my WICKED phase lol :)

I love it.

A friend of mine played in a version of Wicked in our town a couple of years ago so she introduced me to the musical. (She played Elphaba :) )

And last August when I went with my family to New York I begged them to go to the musical and we did and it was AMAZING!!!

"Defying Gravity". Love love love!

I've seen recordings of it being performed in the Royal Albert Hall and towards the end, Ben Foster turns around and gives the audience a cue to clap along, so in a way he doesn't only conduct an orchestra and choir in front of him but also several thousand people behind him. Very impressive.

My other Doctor Who favourites include Vale Decem, Doomsday, Song for Ten, A Dazzling End, and I Am The Doctor. :wub:

Hm, I've never really watched Doctor Who, but if it's got good music, respect! :D

I love it.

A friend of mine played in a version of Wicked in our town a couple of years ago so she introduced me to the musical. (She played Elphaba :) )

And last August when I went with my family to New York I begged them to go to the musical and we did and it was AMAZING!!!

I'd love to see Wicked! It's never been played in Sweden though and I haven't seen it anywhere else either. Have they ever made a movie? Or should they? :king:

I think musical theater is kind of at a low point right now. I realize Les Mis is still around which is still a good musical but it's like 25 years old now. We used to have musicals like Show Boat, Annie, Oklahoma!, West Side Story, Hello Dolly and Into the Woods. Even the revivals were usually good. But now the revivals are getting few and far between and there's no original musicals like that anymore. Musicals these days are based on movies like Billy Elliot or Legally Blonde or are more like musical reviews than musical theater such as Rock of Ages.

I love it.

YES <3 I've seen it twice, it's amaaaaazing <3 We'd JUST missed Idina Menzel when I first went to see it, I was so upset about that :( But it was still fantastic <333

I'd love to see Wicked! It's never been played in Sweden though and I haven't seen it anywhere else either. Have they ever made a movie? Or should they? :king:

They haven't made a movie YET, but I think they're still in talks about MAKING one in the future. A definite possibility and personally, I'd love to see a movie version :wub:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love both musicals and movie scores!!!! That's mostly what I listen to everyday.

People know me as a dance, but I was also part of a youth theatre too. I have been in about 10 musicals!! I have directed as well. some of my favorites are:

Wicked

Rent

Phantom of the Opera

Spring Awakening

Hairspray

I also of course love all the Disney broadway soundtracks!!

As for movies, my favorites are:

LOTR

Harry Potter

Spirited Away

Pirates of the Caribean

Memoirs of a Geisha

• 2 weeks later...

I love music from musicals! As you can see I love Phantom of the Opera (I sang a couple of songs from it)...also Sound of Music (which is my favourite movie as well), Mary Poppins, Sunset Boulevard, Mamma Mia!...:)