The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I believe we're missing this topic :P Wonder why...

Do you have any fears?

Currently, mine is just claustrophobia. Fear of small spaces. I've always had it, it's not very nice. Even when I tried on a watch once and it had a bad attachment and I couldn't get it off and freaked out :mellow:

I used to be incredibly shy and couldn't really speak to many people at once but for now at least, I've overcome it. Took many years >.<

My fears have become less and less over the years. I've "toughened" up! ;-)

But I really can't stand most worms (not the "ordinary" ones you find in the ground), larvas and maggots! :sob: Most small butterfly-larvas are okay but the big ones or other bug-larvas... UGH!

Apart from a silly thing like that, my biggest fear is loosing a parent or my cat (basically my boggart). Also to fail in life, aka not getting a job/the right job/to not find love/have friends

I fear death. It might sound weird, but the thought of death makes me feel really scared. The fact that after I will have died I will just be gone frightens me.

yes I have the Same exact problem as well it scares the hell outta me just sitting there and Thinking about it.. I know Exactly how that is.. Death is very scary to me.. I am soo scared of death i never wanna Die.. I Can't Imagine myself gone and dead this problem gets really bad alot of times

I hate being in crowded places, that makes me feel really claustrophobic and I just freak out.

I don't like feet either, like other peoples feet or people touching my feet, I know it doesn't sound like a fear but it is, I can't describe how freaked out I get.

I also don't like clowns or spiders, although I'm getting slightly better with the spider thing and other insects too, I'm not nearly at a place where I could say I'm not scared of them though.

Don't know about fear... I fear nothing.

I have a PHOBIA of spiders though. I can see one the size of an ant and it magnify's and can look like a house spider. I'll go into fits etc.

Fire. Burn to death is my biggest fear.

Zombies. Don't really understand why, but sometimes when I'm out around people I think they all will turn into zombies :unsure:

Darkness. I still hate the dark, simply because you don't know what's in there.

Flying insects. Other insects don't bother me but flying stuff is creepy.

Don't know about fear... I fear nothing.

I have a PHOBIA of spiders though. I can see one the size of an ant and it magnify's and can look like a house spider. I'll go into fits etc.

So you have a fear of spiders then?

As a Phobia is an intense irrational fear

I fear death. It might sound weird, but the thought of death makes me feel really scared. The fact that after I will have died I will just be gone frightens me.

yes I have the Same exact problem as well it scares the hell outta me just sitting there and Thinking about it.. I know Exactly how that is.. Death is very scary to me.. I am soo scared of death i never wanna Die.. I Can't Imagine myself gone and dead this problem gets really bad alot of times

Isn't fear of death usually the root of fearing the unknown? I find death so incredibly interesting because NOBODY knows what death is like. I just imagine it to be peace, or rather sleeping without dreaming if you get my point.

But maybe you are more afraid of DYING rather than death itself? Because dying instantly without knowing what's happening can't be that bad... it's the slow drawn-out death that's more horrendous.

Fire. Burn to death is my biggest fear.

Zombies. Don't really understand why, but sometimes when I'm out around people I think they all will turn into zombies :unsure:

Darkness. I still hate the dark, simply because you don't know what's in there.

Flying insects. Other insects don't bother me but flying stuff is creepy.

I used to be incredibly afraid of the dark, I've gotten better this last year or so. But like death it's the fear of the unknown! I can still totally freak out walking by a mirror, a window, the space between bed and floor or an open door when it's dark. Also I always slept with a night light!

• 4 months later...

fear....h..h..heights, i cant stand low altitude heights, sometimes i break into hysteria and sit on the ground crying...the weird thing is i love high altitude heights like being on a plane when you're generally up 32,000 feet...

Isn't fear of death usually the root of fearing the unknown? I find death so incredibly interesting because NOBODY knows what death is like. I just imagine it to be peace, or rather sleeping without dreaming if you get my point.

But maybe you are more afraid of DYING rather than death itself? Because dying instantly without knowing what's happening can't be that bad... it's the slow drawn-out death that's more horrendous.

I used to be incredibly afraid of the dark, I've gotten better this last year or so. But like death it's the fear of the unknown! I can still totally freak out walking by a mirror, a window, the space between bed and floor or an open door when it's dark. Also I always slept with a night light!

I've started to realise that fear of death actually is irrational of course; I guess fear of death is just a part of our will to live. I love my life, I cannot imagine not being here anymore. I've been told this fear will decrease when I'll get older, but I can't really imagine that now...

And yes, a slow and painful death would be horrible. I would be very frightened to know I will die soon and not be able to do something about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have a phobia of...sharks..I found it uncomfortable even to just type the word >.< I can't even look at a picture of one without freaking out. It's ridiculous, but I can't help it :/

Well, I have a phobia of...sharks..I found it uncomfortable even to just type the word >.< I can't even look at a picture of one without freaking out. It's ridiculous, but I can't help it :/

I love sharks! I find them fascinating and beautiful. I can sit watch sharks in aquariums for hours, even though I wish for them to be in their real environment - without all the fishing for fins and extermination of them.

But I do understand you are afraid of them, they are scary too look at and we do have a unessecary thought of sharks being evil and maneating. I wouldn't want to meet a big shark while swimming, but still I know they're relatively harmless for me as a human.

I love sharks! I find them fascinating and beautiful. I can sit watch sharks in aquariums for hours, even though I wish for them to be in their real environment - without all the fishing for fins and extermination of them.

But I do understand you are afraid of them, they are scary too look at and we do have a unessecary thought of sharks being evil and maneating. I wouldn't want to meet a big shark while swimming, but still I know they're relatively harmless for me as a human.

That's pretty much why I can't look at them - they look terrifying! Haha :P I've been trying to get over being scared of them, and from what I've learned, they really don't deserve to be seen as animals that will attack and go after everything that moves. It's really sad that so many of them are killed every year. :(