What book are you currently reading?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've still got Frankenstein on the go. It's such a crap book. I really want to start 3 of my new books and this book is just putting me off reading. I read like 2 pages a day. I'd just quit it but I've read 200 already only 72 left. -.-

I've still got Frankenstein on the go. It's such a crap book. I really want to start 3 of my new books and this book is just putting me off reading. I read like 2 pages a day. I'd just quit it but I've read 200 already only 72 left. -.-

Try not to judge it by modern day standards. By that I mean in comparison to modern day literature it's not going to be anything like Harry Potter, Twilight, The Hunger Games, ect. in terms of ease of reading or even really catching your attention. I specialize in 19th century literature and creative writing, and Frankenstein is more of a classic example of Romanticism and the legitimation of the novel, in those regards and in terms of what it did for the gothic genre it was a pretty big deal. By today's standards though it's not going to be as action packed or engaging to the modern reader as the aforementioned books. If you're not into analyzing literature you probably won't enjoy it too much, but it's still worth reading so I'd encourage you to finish it, if nothing else you will be one of the few who knows all the common misconceptions surrounding Frankenstein.

I'm about to read Titus Andronicus (Shakespeare) then I have Atonement by Ian McEwan up on deck.

Try not to judge it by modern day standards. By that I mean in comparison to modern day literature it's not going to be anything like Harry Potter, Twilight, The Hunger Games, ect. in terms of ease of reading or even really catching your attention. I specialize in 19th century literature and creative writing, and Frankenstein is more of a classic example of Romanticism and the legitimation of the novel, in those regards and in terms of what it did for the gothic genre it was a pretty big deal. By today's standards though it's not going to be as action packed or engaging to the modern reader as the aforementioned books. If you're not into analyzing literature you probably won't enjoy it too much, but it's still worth reading so I'd encourage you to finish it, if nothing else you will be one of the few who knows all the common misconceptions surrounding Frankenstein.

I'm about to read Titus Andronicus (Shakespeare) then I have Atonement by Ian McEwan up on deck.

Atonement is good. =)

And I know a lot about literature thanks. I just said it's crap that's all. I read a lot of Jane Austen etc. I love texts like Dracula. Frankenstein is just... crap. But thanks for trying. =)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm reading The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn by Robin Maxwell. Very interesting book. Gives you a look on what Anne Boleyn might have felt and wrote if she were to have had a diary. I'm enjoying it a lot!

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton.

The title looked interesing so I looked up what it was about. It seems to be really good. How do you like it?