The Emma-Watson.net Forum

2011 AFC Asian Cup

Well, I guess not many people here care about it, but it's a football event so I thought I post about it.

Todays interesting match will be Australia - Korea Republic. South Korea is one of the favorites this year. And I like them, but I also like Australia (Mark Schwarzer :P). So it'll be interesting.

Anyone following it?

----------------------------------

Match Results:

Quarter-finals:

Uzbekistan 2:1 Jordan

Australia 1:0 Iraq

Japan 3:2 Qatar

Iran 0:1 South Korea

Semi-finals:

Japan* 2:2 South Korea

*3:0 after penalty shoot-out

Uzbekistan 0:6 Australia

Third place:

Uzbekistan 2:3 South Korea

Final:

Australia 0:1 Japan (4th title)

Edited by W.V.B

we've won against India 4-0 but this game is our biggest test since they have Park Ji-Sung... which is a pretty awesome player.. but this is football, anythin can happen lol.. im lookin forward to see a good game

we've won against India 4-0 but this game is our biggest test since they have Park Ji-Sung... which is a pretty awesome player.. but this is football, anythin can happen lol.. im lookin forward to see a good game

Yeah, and a new talent, Son Heung-min. He's awesome. I think I told you about him, he scored the winning goal against Chelsea (Hamburg - Chelsea) last year.

we drew 1-1 whoo hoo and Bahrain smashed India 5-2.. India's out of the comp.. Yeah u told me about him

haha. Iran won 1:0 against North Korea and U.A.E. lost 0:1 against Iraq. Now I hope South Korea beats India and Australia beats Bahrain. Australia would be 1st and South Korea 2nd. :D

EDIT: I will edit my first post with the current scores of the Cup.

Well we're now at the quarter finals:

Jan. 21

Uzbekistan 2:1 Jordan

Jan. 22

Australia 1:0 Iraq

Jan. 21

Japan 3:2 Qatar

Jan. 22

Iran 0:1 South Korea

Edited by W.V.B
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Great to see people already talking about the AFC Asian Cup.

Anyone following 2015 AFC Asian Cup which is in Australia.

I am sharing information about the tournament such as teams participating, locations and some facts.

Teams:

Australia, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Uzbekistan, China (outside GCC)
in GCC: Bahrain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Iran, Kuwait, Jordan, Iraq, Palestine

Locations:

Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Canberra, and Melbourne

Fact:

(1) For the first time in its history, the tournament will be hosted outside the continent of Asia in Australia

(2) The winner of the tournament will earn the right to compete for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup

Who will win the 2015 AFC Asian Cup? Any GUESS?

Would love to hear from you guys about this tournament as the winner of the tournament will earn the right to compete for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. Isn't it excited?