The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Dumbledore *Hbp Spoiler*

The ending of the Goblet of Fire book got me wondering. If Dumbledore hadn't died, if he had survived long enough to be in the main and final part of the Wizarding War II (Deathly Hallows), do you think the war would have turned out differently? Less people would've died, perhaps. Voldemort would definitely have more of a struggle to get at Harry and the Elder Wand may have been more difficult to get his hands on. However, the Hogwarts professors did very well, not being on Dumbledore's orders this time.

lol I agree with Jade as well.

Maybe there wouldn't have been so may deaths,but everything is so well planed in those books and it all falls into place so well it would be hard to guess what would have happened without totally altering the story.I think that Hogwarts would have been a safe place for the last year so maybe that would mean no trip for the trio.Also no interest in the hallows since Dumbledore's plan was to destroy the horcruxes.It would still be interesting but it wouldn't have that new thing that the trip brings to the last book.

• 11 years later...