The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Golden Globes Awards And Nominations

First, I thought Ricky Gervais was fantastic. He had some really great jokes! Second, I liked how Al Pacino won for You Don't Know Jack. Next, I liked how Steve Carrell, Tom Hanks, and Robert Downey Jr. spoke. Lastly, and most importantly, I liked Robert DeNiro's ceremony and speech.

Your thoughts?

I only cought the end of the golden globes by chance because I woke up at 4 am. So I can quote what Ricky Gervais said in the end and that made me laugh a lot "[...] and thank you god for making me an atheist." :P

Also Michael Douglas was there (after his throat cancer). :D

I thought Ricky Gervais was better last year.. the whole Charlie Sheen and gay scientologists jokes were a bit old..and an easy target.

Tina Fey and Steve Carell were hilarious, I loved that Colin Firth won Best Actor, I wanted Helena Bonham-Carter or Mila Kunis to win for Best Supporting Actress though :doh: Thank God Lea Michele and Jennifer Love Hewitt didnt win!

I liked Christian Bales accepting speech and I didnt like Robert Deniros speech..so awkward and I think some bad writer wrote it for him.(Did he really mention Megan Fox??)

I was hoping for Michelle Williams to win, but I guess Natalie Portman will win everything this year!

All in all I really liked the show and I loved some of the dresses: Mila Kunis, Kyra Sedgwick and Catherine Zeta-Jones looked STUNNING

Also Michael Douglas was there (after his throat cancer). :D

I forgot about that, it was nice to seem him

Do you guys mind putting the clothing comments in this topic? I'm sorry, but I just don't want Arie to get annoyed at me for stealing away what she started. Thanks :)

I adore Ricky Gervais and I think he did a wonderful job as host. Apparently he went 'too far' with some jokes though, and unfortunately won't be invited to host anymore.

Anyway, I am happy with the winners, especially with 'The Social Network'. :yesyes:

I like what Jerry Seinfeld said about acting awards. He said something to the affect of them being self indulgent - "You pretended to be someone else better than anyone this year. You've really accomplished something."

The only thing I am happy about is that Chris Colfer won!! He truly deserved it and his thank you speech was amazing!!! I didn't agree with most of the nominations in the first place. In fact I was a bit disappointed!

I'm pretty disappointed about all the winners. <_< I mean The Social Network? Come on!

Colin Firth and Natalie Portman totally deserved to win though! But Alice in Wonderland should have won Best Original Score, Dexter for Best Television Series - Drama, and Michael C Hall should TOTALLY have won Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama!

Also why so little awards to Inception? It was great and original.

I like what Jerry Seinfeld said about acting awards. He said something to the affect of them being self indulgent - "You pretended to be someone else better than anyone this year. You've really accomplished something."

Haha, I remember that! I love Seinfeld, the show and the person.

Also worth mentioning is that Ricky Gervais was a brilliant host! Yeah I can't say I laugh at his bad jokes but he totally makes me smile and I love how he tries to get stuck-up stars to have some sort of self-distance.

Robert Downy Jr was hilarious! And Toy Story 3 was a very well-deserved winner :)

I adore Ricky Gervais and I think he did a wonderful job as host. Apparently he went 'too far' with some jokes though, and unfortunately won't be invited to host anymore.

Anyway, I am happy with the winners, especially with 'The Social Network'. :yesyes:

Oh, that sucks. Too bad some people take everything too serious. He didn't go 'too far' imo.

Ricky Gervais was fantastic, and I think what got people mad the most was the joke about Scientology and the head of the Hollywood Foreign Press.

Scientology:

“Also not nominated, I Love You Phillip Morris. Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor, two heterosexual actors pretending to be gay. So the complete opposite of some famous Scientologists, then. My lawyers helped with that joke.â€

President of the HFP:

“Next up, Eva Longoria has the daunting task of introducing the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press. That’s nothing! I just had to help him off the toilet and pop his teeth in.â€

Here are all the bits:

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/01/17/ricky-gervais-golden-globes-barbs-the-complete-collection/

Scroll down and you'll see a video of his best bits, and celebrity reactions

Ricky Gervais was fantastic, and I think what got people mad the most was the joke about Scientology and the head of the Hollywood Foreign Press.

Scientology:

President of the HFP:

Here are all the bits:

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/01/17/ricky-gervais-golden-globes-barbs-the-complete-collection/

Scroll down and you'll see a video of his best bits, and celebrity reactions

lolo well what can I say, so you're getting punished of saying the truth? :P