The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I'll keep this short and sweet: this is one of my all time favorite movies of all time. Tom Hanks does an better-than-exceptional job, and the screenplay is, by far, is a masterpiece. My favorite scene in the movie is the end when he finds out he has a son. He starts to tear up and ask "...is he like me (Gump)." Then, when Jenny tells him that he's one of the top students of the class, his face is just something I will never forget.

I love the quotes:

Drill Sergeant: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?

Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!

Drill Sergeant: God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump. Listen up, people...

Forrest Gump: [narrates] Now for some reason I fit in the army like one of them round pegs. It's not really hard. You just make your bed real neat and remember to stand up straight and always answer every question with "Yes, drill sergeant."

Drill Sergeant: ...Is that clear?

Forrest Gump: Yes, drill sergeant!

-----

[Forrest has finished assembling his rifle]

Forrest Gump: DONE, DRILL SERGEANT!

Drill Sergeant: GUUUUUUMP! Why did you put that weapon together so quickly, Gump?

Forrest Gump: [confused] You told me to, Drill Sergeant?

Drill Sergeant: Jesus H. Christ!

[looks at stopwatch]

Drill Sergeant: This is a new company record! If it wouldn't be such a waste of a damn-fine enlisted man I'd recommend you for OCS! You are gonna be a general someday, Gump, now disassemble your weapon and continue!

-----

Bubba: My given name is Benjamin Buford Blue, but people call me Bubba. Just like one of them ol' redneck boys. Can you believe that?

Forrest Gump: My name's Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.

-----

John F. Kennedy: Congratulations, how do you feel?

Forrest Gump: I gotta pee.

John F. Kennedy: [turning to camera] I believe he said he had to go pee. Heh heh.

-----

Lyndon B. Johnson: [Putting medal on Forrest] America owes you a debt of gratitude, son. Now I understand you were wounded. Where were you hit?

Forrest Gump: In the buttocks.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Oh that must be a sight.

[Whispering to Forrest]

Lyndon B. Johnson: I'd like to see that.

[Forrest shows him; Johnson walks away embarrassed]

Lyndon B. Johnson: God damn, son.

-----

Forrest Gump: [in the Watergate hotel; on phone with security] Yeah, sir, you might want to send a maintenance man over to that office across the way. The lights are off, and they must be looking for a fuse box, 'cause them flashlights, they keep me awake.

etc.

I love how Forrest is involved with everything:

Ku Klux Clan

Elvis Presley

John F. Kennedy

George Wallace

Lyndon B. Johnson

Black Panther Party

Richard Nixon

Bumper Sticker "sh*t happens"

T-Shirt (smiley face)

There are so many more things I love about this movie, but am to pressed for time to post right now. So, I'll leave it off with this: what are your thoughts?

one of the best movies ever made... it has one of my fav quotes "My momma always said "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get""

one of my life's motto ;p

I liked this movie when it came out. It is a well crafted movie. Easy to watch. Even now, I will still watch it when I come across it on TV. But in retrospect it seems a bit formulaic. Maybe that's because the screenwriter seemed to plagiarize himself when he wrote the script for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. And I even liked Benjamin Button when most didn't. I kind of equate this movie with Dances With Wolves - it seemed good at the time but now seems a little played. I think Pulp Fiction probably deserved the Best Picture Oscar instead of Forrest Gump.

I love Forrest Gump. The story was well written and the characters did a good job playing in the movie. I liked how Forrest Gump was talking about history and what he did when he was a young person and how much he accomplished.

Great scene :)

I love how ever since Forrest got the shoes, he wears them. At the beginning of the movie, the camera shows the audience his shoes. The shoes are muddy, dirty, and falling apart (literally). Yet he still wears them. <-- Another think I love about this movie