The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hey everybody! I know hardly any of you will be interested in this, but I had to come and give those who would be interested an update on my gap year so far - filled with plenty of Harry Potter info. As many of you know, I was lucky enough to be offered a position at a primary school in Oxford, England. Since arriving in this incredible incredible place, I have had such a blast, and seen many incredible things. On my first day I went on a bus tour of Oxford, and then got an insiders tour through New College. Little did I know that New College was the location for the filming of the ferret scene with Malfoy/Moody-Crouch Jr/ and Harry and Ron's arguement in GOF (under the big tree). It was so beyond cool seeing such an awesome place, and it seriously looked exactly the same as it had done in the film itself. After getting onto the subject of Harry Potter, my housemother found out how huge a fan I was.. and lo and behold let me know that she had taught Emma when she was younger!! Apparently she was EXACTLY the same as she was in the first 2 movies as she was in real life. I found this so beyond cool, and I found it funny how unphased she was about teaching a girl who i'd grown up with as my role model.

Just when I thought nothing else Harry Potter related could happen, I had a casual chat with one of the girls I am looking after, and she told me that she had been one of the 5 finalists for the role of Lily Potter in the epilogue. She literally would have been the best choice ever for the role, incredible red hair and green eyes. She told me all about her auditions and meeting Yates etc, and how sad it was when she found out that she hadn't got the part.

I know its not that interesting for many, but I thought some might have some spare time and be a tad curious. To all those who I have been awful about, and not had time to update and keep in touch with, incredibly sorry - you have no idea how much I miss this place! :( I am having an incredible time - and having new experiences every day! In my next time off I intend to go and explore Christ church college and look at all the other Harry Potter sets up and around Oxford, so expect some pictures when I get round to uploading them all :)

xo

I too am on a gap year! Glad to see you're enjoying england, and it is strange how you know someone who knew Emma. Just out of interest, what are you doing at the primary school? And how long are you over here for?

I started my gap year last September and have been working in a supermarket ever since, but come March 1st I'm going on a round the world trip! Cannot wait!

Sounds awesome, i'm glad that you are having a fantastic time.

Oxford looks like a really great place - it's on my list, I have been past and through it many of times, I will actually stop and look around one day!