The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Dream Homes.

Do you have a dream home (or more than one)? Any ideas in mind for what house you would really love to live in?

I want a BIG house, preferably a really old fashioned one, for the style, I think they're quite beautiful <3 The roof of this one needs doing though :P

With nice green grass, like that ^ I would love a couple of palm trees too, and a swimming pool. It's also got to be quite hidden, or very well hidden.

Ohhh I would love a library too. And maybe a gym :P

For my room, hmm I'd like the theme to be lilac or light turquoise + white. Orrr dark blue.

^ That house looks really nice! For me I have several dream homes... but one that I also mean to get is a small, old (cirka 1900 century or older) cottage located at the mid-south plains of Sweden. The cottage is to be red with white trims. KIND OF like this

Inside it'll have rough (big planks) wooden floors, really low ceiling, 1900th-century romantic decorations and just generally a really peasant/romantic look about it. :) I have some potential houses looked out already kind of nearby where my mom lives. My goal is to be able to buy and decorate the cottage at about age 30!

I've always thought the following was very nice (to be built):

I had to post this as well:

Anybody wanting to live in a house like Tony Stark (Iron Man) does, buy this for $25,000,000 USD :P :

I just want to live in a house, a very big house... in the country.

I have never really thought about the type of house I would like to live in. I love the countryside but to be honest, a nice standard sized 3 or 4 bedroom detached would do me. I'd like a big garden though.

I want to get one of those really cool, big studio apartments.Tall ceiling,brick walls maybe some cool posters.A bar in the kitchen which shares the living room.And a smaller room for my bedroom (which will have a vintage makeup table with a huge mirror and an iron-frame bed)Can;t find a picture for what I'm thinking of right now >_<

tis is what I'd like now.Maybe I'll have kids one day and will want smt else

As long as it's a big house with a big garden, that would suit me just fine. Preferably somewhere nice and quiet, though.

Ditto. Big house, BIG!!! garden (with a lake, that would be so awesome) in the countryside somewhere, but not too far away from the shops lol

I don't want a big house longer. I think I rather have a small one. Must be annoying with a big house. Think of the cleaning :icontwisted8pz:

Naa a small one. Maybe 3 rooms. Or well, with kids maybe 4-5 ;).

People always say "think of the cleaning" when speaking of big houses but I think if you can afford such a house then you can certainly afford a house cleaner.

But more importantly it's cool that you can be content with simple things. That is very admirable of you and I tend to agree with you. It doesn't take big, fancy things to make me happy. Often times these things just come with more problems.

I don't care how big the house is as long as I'm living with my loved ones.

I need a clapping hands icon or a like button for this. Well said.

Edited by The Dude

I very much quite see myself in an urban condo or loft. I love the contemporary style to go with it too.

Here's a place near where I am now which I'd love to move into a year or two from now:

I high rise condo in NYC isn't too bad either hehe.

But as far as a home to settle in to with a family, a modest mid-sized home is good enough in a clean and quiet suburbia:

Bit off topic but would any of you see yourself in a house like this? I pass by it sometimes when driving to work or downtown.

Bit off topic but would any of you see yourself in a house like this? I pass by it sometimes when driving to work or downtown.

So I'm guessing you live in Plain Old Texas. Or at least somewhere around the Dallas metro.

I'm more of a traditional guy myself (as evidenced by my pic in my post above). But I definitely have an appreciation for modern architecture. My taste is more for mid-century modern though. Which I guess could be called the traditional of modern. If I were going to live in something modern, it'd be something more like this -

I absolutely adore this house-at least the design.I would probably paint it carmine red or smt.And I'd go crazy with the interior :P

• 2 years later...