The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Random Pictures Thread

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A sign from a hospital in Helsinki. Finland is bilingual so that's why we have everything in Finnish and Swedish.

On the left there are guides in Finnish and on the right the "samma pÃ¥ svenska" means "same in Swedish". Lazy translator huh?  :doh:

Gah I wish that were true. I'd say it's more or less true in the music industry given that most bands actually make the majority of their money off concerts rather than CD sales. However, in the movie and gaming industry, piracy does hurt. If everyone pirates movie then the lesser men like camera operators, boom mic operators, security, ect, they start to suffer and their wages get slashed. Actors, actresses, directors, score composers, they are getting paid no matter what. But if DVD/Blu-ray sales fall short, it's the middle men and lesser essential personnel that get caught in the crossfire. The gaming industry is probably the most vulnerable. If everyone pirates a game, that developer is going under, especially indie developers.

Essentially there's a half logic to this. With piracy the way it is now, it's not too horrible. However if everyone followed this logic and decided to pirate the entire system would collapse.

Furthermore, if everyone could copy a car, a car's value would decrease (there would be no demand for it because it's essentially free). If we could easily replicate commodities like this we wouldn't need jobs in the first place.

P.S. Yarggghhh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow Tom, that's a lot of people. :o:P

Posted this in the Wind Forum.  The Wizard of Oz scared the living daylights out of me for years because of those damn monkeys. 

Edited by Mr. Pumpkinhead