The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I support it a 100%. And I'm happy that they finally did it, and hopefully Mubarak will go very soon. Now what I do not like and not support is the fact that they started to battle each other at Tahrir square. I know that the pro Mubarak people (most likely the police it self) started it, but nevertheless nobody has to fight and kill. It's not very Gandhi like. It's primitiv to battle and kill. If Mubarak just would leave..

But now here is the problem. It would be very unwise if a fundamentalistic goverment replaces Mubarak. Everything would be for nothing.

I support the protest, but at the same time I am nervous that it wont help at all. Chances are that once they get rid of Mubarak then one of the Islamic extremist parties will take over. If that happens, then the Egyptians still wont have much freedom. I am so happy that they are finally protesting, I just hope it is going to help and not hurt them more.

what about the innocent life which passes in protest,education is stopped&poor workers arnt able to do business....am not against protest but cant it happen without harming anyone

Well as I said, it shows how primitiv some people are. But it's wanted that people get harmed. A lot of people believe that the police is behind it, to create chaos. They kinda found evidence for it.

what about the innocent life which passes in protest,education is stopped&poor workers arnt able to do business....am not against protest but cant it happen without harming anyone

That is the big risk they are taking, but this isn't a minority. Mubarak is a horrible leader and basically everyone wants him gone. They are rioting because there are no jobs or food. Yes, everyday life is sort of at a standstill. But, their everyday life has become so hard and restricted that this was their only choice.

That is the big risk they are taking, but this isn't a minority. Mubarak is a horrible leader and basically everyone wants him gone. They are rioting because there are no jobs or food. Yes, everyday life is sort of at a standstill. But, their everyday life has become so hard and restricted that this was their only choice.

But still enough people seem to support him.

If a protest happens without anyone gets harmed, nothing will ever change. I don't mean it to come off in the wrong way, like i'm all for innocent people to die, but unfortunately that's the way things are done. People must suffer in order for things to change and usually it's always the innocent people who have to suffer so that everyone else wake up and make a difference.

But now here is the problem. It would be very unwise if a fundamentalistic goverment replaces Mubarak. Everything would be for nothing.

^This.

Edited by something better

well everone happy cuz there is no mubarak ~

guess everything will be alright cuz the army has the power now and let's hope that they will get an better government

but seriousely i think everything is better than mubarak !

He didn't exactly resign, he just gave someone else the power... I don't know much about the other guy. Is he any better?

No, he resigned few hours ago. The military has the power for now. The other guy, Suleiman, was the Vize President. But Suleiman said Mubarak resigned and the military took over the goverment work for now.

Edited by W.V.B

Oh I hadn't heard about that yet! Thank you for telling me! I hope that will be good... do they have any idea of who will officially take over? There does need to be a leader of some sort.

Np. Well not yet. It just happened a few hours ago. Thats why the military controls the country for now. I don't know when the official elections are being held. I mean now that Mubarak is gone, the country is in chaos. No goverment and stuff. I believe it was a tad bid to early, so we'll have to see what happens next.

Edited by W.V.B