The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like it went by fast

It does.

I'm guess Emma will be preparing for Deathly Hallows 2 promotion soon since filming for Perks is wrapping up. The thing is while the filming for the movie was short, the wait for it to come out is going to be much longer.

Yeah the wait will seem alot longer!!! I am so eager to see this movie!! :) Hearing Emma doing an American accent will be soo cool!!!

But in the meantime-WOHOO DH2 PROMOTIONS!!!! :)

Wow, how much time did she spend filming, do you think? She must have been secretly filming at first, because it seems like she just started!

And I agree, the wait will be the hardest part. I suppose the reason they're not releasing it sooner is because they don't want three films starring Emma Watson to be competing at the same time, be bad for publicity.

Wow, how much time did she spend filming, do you think? She must have been secretly filming at first, because it seems like she just started!

And I agree, the wait will be the hardest part. I suppose the reason they're not releasing it sooner is because they don't want three films starring Emma Watson to be competing at the same time, be bad for publicity.

I'm guessing that this film didn't have a huge budget, so they probably didn't have a long shooting schedule.

As for the delay. It takes months to edit, re-shoot if necessary, organize distribution, and set up marketing. There was never any fear of overlap. It is going to suck waiting, though. The book was great. My only concern is that they cut out too much of the edge and the dark side of the story to try and get a PG-13 rating. If that's the case, which is the rumor, why bother making it at all. Way too early to worry much about that, however.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Emma Watson's shocking new role "pushes the envelope"

Just days after we brought you the trailer for Daniel Radcliffe's post-Potter scare-fest The Woman in Black, it's been revealed that former co-star Emma Watson is about to shock audiences in a very different way with her controversial upcoming role in The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

"You better gird your loins," Watson's Wallflower co-star Ezra Miller told E! Online this week. "When it comes to Emma...people have no idea what they're in for. It's great!"

Vampire Diaries star Nina Dobrev also chimed in recently about her Wallflower co-star, saying that Watson "pushed the envelope in a different way than anyone's ever seen her".

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, slated for release in 2012, is based on Steven Chbosky's 1999 teenage coming-of-age novel about abuse. It's renowned for taking a frank approach to issues like sex, drugs, homosexuality, mental illness and suicide. Interestingly, it will be distributed by Summit Entertainment, the same team behind another teeny-tiny teenage phenomenon known as the Twilight Saga.

Sounds like a hit to us. And we can't wait to see Emma's post-Hermione transformation!

http://www.yourmovies.com.au/news/?i=217993&action=news

Edited by Occulus

AHHHH cant wait!!!! I ADORED and LOVED Emma girl in the last DH movies-she was AWESOME-she brought it!!!!! SO it will be so cool to see her step outside of her own personality to play an entirely different role-I love Sam and she is actually really if yas ask me the only "sane" character in comparison to everyone else LOL Go Emma!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

The thing is, the movie doesn't need extreme stunts or special effects work the same way HP did. That's why filming only took 2-3 months to do. I love the book and think it's fantastic that Emma's a part of this project. I can only assume it'll be a step in a great direction when it comes to her acting career. She'll definitely prove that she can branch out and act well beyond Hermione and Pauline!

• 2 weeks later...

Article and video of Emma shooting Perks of Being a Wallflower at MTV.com

Emma Watson, 'Perks' Co-Stars Do 'New Class' Boogie In Exclusive First Look

The post-"Harry Potter" education of Emma Watson began, in a way, at Brown University. Searching for her first film after completing the boy-wizard franchise, the Ivy League actress found some unlikely career advisors in the form of her fellow college students, who told her that she simply had to sign up for "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," an adaptation of Stephen Chbosky's seminal novel.

"Honestly, I had never read the book before, but a lot of my friends at Brown were hugely into it, and when I told them I had this script, they were crazy excited," Watson told MTV News.

And just that like, through the pop-culture schooling of her peers, she'd found a flick to carry her away from Hogwarts and toward a Hollywood second act. It's fitting, then, that with "Perks" on her résumé, we've selected Watson as a member of MTV News' New Class — actors and actresses about to graduate toward greatness. The 21-year-old finds herself in good company on the movie, whose cast contains so many soon-to-break-big talents that we selected a bunch of her co-stars as her New Class cohorts.

Check out Emma doing some really impressive dance moves at:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671717/emma-watson-nina-dobrev-perks-being-wallflower.jhtml

• 3 weeks later...