The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

Yeah, I know it can take a while in other countries too... DO you think that they are going to use subtitles or to dub the movie ? In France most of the movies are dubbed, but I will manage to find a movie theater where I can watch it in English :) I think subtitles are much better !

Em41590, can't wait to her her American accent neither !!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December!? What is the deal? This was a what 6 week movie to make? Why are they waiting so long to release it? Ahh well, will be around my birthday so cool present for me :) yeppers, bring on Emmas American, PITTSBURGH accent ;)

I've read it might be December.

But last December was just last month. This means we'll have to wait for almost a year for Perks to come out.

I do hope we'll at least get the trailer a lot more sooner than that.

Yes she is going to be in it.

Source : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1659337/

Emma was confirmed to play Sam in Perks early last year. They've even already filmed the movie. :) We are just waiting for it to come out now, which apparently won't be for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this is old news, but this was posted on "Hypeable".com And it was the first time visiting that site b/c of the news about JK Rowling releasing a new book, and then I saw this:

The popular book Perks of Being A Wallflower was adapted for film last year and is due to be released sometime in 2012 by Summit.

But now there’s been a roadbump: The film received a ‘R’ rating from the United States’ MPAA, which alienates many of the potential moviegoers who’ve read the book. So Summit intends to appeal the decision.

Rope of Silicon notes that the film was rated ‘R’ for “teen drug and alcohol use, and some sexual references.â€

Larry Richman, a well-sourced movie writer, says the film’s director Stephen Chbosky has intended all along for the film to be rated PG-13.

Would you see the film even if it were rated R? Is it an issue Summit should be concerned with? Parents may not allow their kids to see it.

Emma Watson plays Sam, Logan Lerman plays Charlie, and Nina Dobrev plays Candance.

Dont be too excited yet-remember HBP (or was it Order shoot cant remember! Lol) got rated PG and really should have been PG-13...anyway point is they could easily change it back...plus last I heard this was to be released in fall and now I am hearing it could be as late as Nov/Dec...there is still a chance they release it as PG-13 like Hunger Games...Emma is in it and they know her fanbase will be alot of under 17. But who knows what will happen! :)

Dont be too excited yet-remember HBP (or was it Order shoot cant remember! Lol) got rated PG and really should have been PG-13...anyway point is they could easily change it back...plus last I heard this was to be released in fall and now I am hearing it could be as late as Nov/Dec...there is still a chance they release it as PG-13 like Hunger Games...Emma is in it and they know her fanbase will be alot of under 17. But who knows what will happen! :)

I know the studio and producers aren't happy with that rating. The book itself is on the mature side even though it is a teen book. I just hope they don't dumb down the themes because they want to target a younger crowd (even though thats probably the case). Plus, it would be good to see Emma in a more mature role.

I know the studio and producers aren't happy with that rating. The book itself is on the mature side even though it is a teen book. I just hope they don't dumb down the themes because they want to target a younger crowd (even though thats probably the case). Plus, it would be good to see Emma in a more mature role.

I'm not sure mature is the right word. She's still playing a teenager. I was always curious to see the rating for this. Even without any sex it would have been hard to get a PG-13 rating with the amount of drugs and overall theme of the book. The story behind Charlie's... issues, would be hard to do correctly without the R rating. I guess we'll have to see how much Chbosky and the studio are willing to water it down to get the, potentially, more profitable rating. The books been out long enough, 13 years, that the majority of it's fans are old enough to see an R-rated movie anyway.

Edited by jayhawk

I'm not sure mature is the right word. She's still playing a teenager. I was always curious to see the rating for this. Even without any sex it would have been hard to get a PG-13 rating with the amount of drugs and overall theme of the book. The story behind Charlie's... issues, would be hard to do correctly without the R rating. I guess we'll have to see how much Chbosky and the studio are willing to water it down to get the, potentially, more profitable rating. The books been out long enough, 13 years, that the majority of it's fans are old enough to see an R-rated movie anyway.

True, maybe not character age wise, but I was referring more towards the theme of the movie.

Edited by TK-976

I am over 17, and a lot of Emma's fans are (I was 19 when I started reading Harry Potter, and now I'm 29), so it's not necessarily a measure of age. The film will do well regardless if there is an R rating.

Indeed. I myself am 25. Not to mention that Emma herself is going to be 22 this year.

They seem to want it PG-13 because Chbosky wants teenagers to see it, which is why they are appealing.

Indeed. I myself am 25. Not to mention that Emma herself is going to be 22 this year.

They seem to want it PG-13 because Chbosky wants teenagers to see it, which is why they are appealing.

I can understand it. It's a book for teenagers, mostly.

I read it as an adult, but I am not everyone.

Even I myself believe going after a PG 13 rating,is wise-alot of movie goers are teens-todays economy is def forcing young adults like myself to think more of where to spend their money...I dont see many movies in theaters-I watched DH 2 multiple times ( but that was special ;)) and since then has seen Woman in Black and thats it. We plan on seeing Hunger Games but other than that, I will only watch Emma and Ruperts movies. Dan if they are good like WiB was, I would go see too.