The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

I am just a bit mystified by the reasons he might have had to dream of Emma playing this role.

if i ever make a film short of a girl painting a wall, whether it be latex enamel, acrylic, or water-base, my dream would be Emma. no audition necessary. :wub:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've all dreamed of filming Emma painting a wall, paint splattering everywhere... "Ooh, I think I need a shower!". Ehm... but that doesn't sound like a feasible reason to cast her in a feature film.

Why does Brad Pitt stay by Angelina then?

Sacred i would get her true an action scene to get her get a shower? Don´y you think after a hard fright against some Foe or an walk true an desert she would like water more, then after painting a wall.

I don´t like Angelina. I like Miss Aniston more.

i just mean, better sweetie work than paint work to ... and never in a film. After the scene is finished, so i understand sacred at least.

Every mentally sane man has a chrush on her. And he is a good businessman, either!

Oh yeah.  I have a mentally ill diagnosis too, but there are people out there younger then me who don't have a mental illness and have a crush on Emma.  As I got older and more mature, I am not really in love with Emma as much as I used to be when I was younger.  ^^

Oh yeah.  I have a mentally ill diagnosis too, but there are people out there younger then me who don't have a mental illness and have a crush on Emma.  As I got older and more mature, I am not really in love with Emma as much as I used to be when I was younger.  ^^

lol true, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this movie a lot. However, I have a question about it. There´s something I don´t get; Charlie agrees to help Sam with her exams, right. He's a freshman, she's a senior, right? So she's further into high school than he is....how could he help her with subjects he hasn't maybe even started yet? I feel like a noob but I really know very little of American high school systems...could someone help me out on this one? 

I love this movie a lot. However, I have a question about it. There´s something I don´t get; Charlie agrees to help Sam with her exams, right. He's a freshman, she's a senior, right? So she's further into high school than he is....how could he help her with subjects he hasn't maybe even started yet? I feel like a noob but I really know very little of American high school systems...could someone help me out on this one? 

He is supossed to be a smart kid and thus would understand much of the material she is learning. But, anyways you can still help someone study without really knowing the material. For example, I could use your textbook to quiz you on History facts that I may not have learned yet. Or someone could simply be there as motivation. I have helped older friends before by quizing them using their own notes. Also it could always be an empty sentiment :P

As far as I remember this scene does not happen in the original book. It's a thing to show that Sam and Charlie getting "closer", although this is only for the movie-version of Perks. In the book they are friends, having some "intimite" moments, but the book is not telling you that Sam and Charlie having a "relationship". In this point book and movie are different.

As far as i can remember they learn together but not the same matirial. In the book i mean.

In the film he helps her to get the material she has missed in the first year, because she often was so drunk, had to many parties and to many ehh say "Boyfriends". 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow I haven't been on these forums on awhile but I just now watched this movie and I Loved it! I really wasn't expecting to. I totally saw emma as the character but I must say as hard as she tries I really hate her American accent

Wow I haven't been on these forums on awhile but I just now watched this movie and I Loved it! I really wasn't expecting to. I totally saw emma as the character but I must say as hard as she tries I really hate her American accent

That's the problem.... when a true english rose tries sooooo hard to be accepted as a american teen.........

• 4 weeks later...

That's the problem.... when a true english rose tries sooooo hard to be accepted as a american teen.........

She's not trying to be accepted, the accent was part of the role she was in and her character, she said in an interview that she practiced american accent just to make this movie. (I don't remember what interview it was)

She's not trying to be accepted.....

Nooooooooooooooo, what else? Running around in LA and NY for most of her time.....

She practised? Well, then she should fire her teacher.

But, tempi passati. And Perks is still the best she did after HP....

Edited by Jonny Carinthia