The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only official word so far was that Emma had been in talks for this movie, as was mentioned on her official site a while back. Stephen Chbosky supposedly confirmed it during an appearance at SRU, however there is no direct quote from him so we aren't really sure if he did or not. However Emma mentioned something interesting in a recent interview with Cinemania Magazine, according to the translations:

<i>What is going to be your first project after Harry Potter?

I’m contemplating many things but I can’t talk about them yet. I’m gonna try to film something in the winter holidays.</i>

It's been mentioned that Perks of Being a Wallflower starts filming in December, so this might be what she is referring to, or it could be My Week With Marilyn which she has been said to be in according to it's press release. It might also be something we haven't heard about. I really wish Emma were allowed to make confirmations though.

And it's Wallflower, not Wildflower.

Edited by KS987

And now in Candy Magazine Emma says she "can't reveal anything yet" when asked about future projects. Again, it might not have anything to do with Perks, but it might explain why we haven't heard from her regarding these rumors yet.

And now in Candy Magazine Emma says she "can't reveal anything yet" when asked about future projects. Again, it might not have anything to do with Perks, but it might explain why we haven't heard from her regarding these rumors yet.

Yeah, it probably has something to do with contracts and the fact that the movie(movies are not set in stone yet...

We have Napoleon&Betsy that are not really happening, so maybe she's trying to avoid that again...

Yeah, it probably has something to do with contracts and the fact that the movie(movies are not set in stone yet...

We have Napoleon&Betsy that are not really happening, so maybe she's trying to avoid that again...

It sucks that Napoleon and Betsy never took off. You could tell Emma really wanted to be in it since she kept herself attached to it for so long(the rumor started in early 2008, and she referenced how she was still hoping it would work out during Half-Blood-Prince promotion in 2009, and then it wound up not happening. I am hoping she is able to work things out for any upcoming projects so we can see her in new roles while at the same time it doesn't interfere with her schoolwork.

She would have 6 weeks off for winter break (bless our US college system ;))... whatever projects Emma does in the future, I will def be there to go and watch! She is a very talented actress who has blown me away w. her DH scenes in trailers and clips. I adored her in HBP but DH I have a feeling will really blow many away w. her performance.

In the Mexican Cinemania interview, Emma said she 'gonna try to film something in the winter holidays'. And Logan Lerman has comfirmed he would start filming Perks in December. Two things combined, really makes me think she would take this role in winter.

The pieces seem to fit together. Of course we will have to wait and see. She was quiet about My Week With Marilyn, so that might be the case here.

Perks isn't confirmed yet. Though there are pictures of her for My Week with Marilyn. So that is pretty exciting. Maybe she'll talk more about her upcoming projects when she's on Regis and Kelly on the 16th. :)

Oh right. If it's not confirmed I won't count it >.<

The pieces seem to fit together. Of course we will have to wait and see. She was quiet about My Week With Marilyn, so that might be the case here.

Yeah, even she's doing Perks, I don't think she will announce it directly. She may said something like the quotes from Cinemania interview but won't tell us which movie she would be in. But we could get the truth from candids and other info channels :yesyes:

Yeah, even she's doing Perks, I don't think she will announce it directly. She may said something like the quotes from Cinemania interview but won't tell us which movie she would be in. But we could get the truth from candids and other info channels :yesyes:

Well we don't know exactly why Emma didn't publically announce her role in My Week With Marilyn. It may have been by her own choice or it may have been something she had to agree to. Since filming for Perks apparently begins in December it won't be long before we find out for sure.

I am not so sure that she would be able to do Perks. She is doing re-shoots around Christmas. And in a an interview she talked about how that doesn't really fit in her schedule and she has no idea how everything is going to work out. So idk if Perks is really possible with school.

• 2 weeks later...

According to BridgeCityFilms twitter, they spoke with an agent that confirmed that Emma will be in Perks of Being a Wallflower:

Here's an article mention Emma being in the movie, although it's in the rumor mill and they have a different date for when filming starts:

http://www.wpxi.com/vj/26010714/detail.html

Of course we'll have to wait for confirmation from Emma or a press release comes out to know for sure.

Edited by KS987

We know for sure that she would be in MWWM from the film company's news press but not Emma herself. I think this time will be the same LOL

About the filming time, I think the author(he's also the director of the film) is more believable. And Emma will end her exams in May and leave the uni so I think this time is proper for her to film.

I've finished the book recently. It's somewhat too 'teen' to me LOL. But I like Sam, she's a beautiful, considerate girl with wild rebellious nature, a big difference from Hermione. I'm so excited to see how Emma will perform this role :ohyeah:

PS, Sam will have several kiss scenes with Charlie, the male leading played by Logan Lerman. In the final of book, they will have some hot snogging scene, I think the fanboys will be overjoyed to see Emma in them :lol: