The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

IA with KS987. I think her reps words refer to Taylor's rumor more than the Perks one.

I would love to see Emma in some artistic indie film like this one but if they can't decide filming date yet, I can understand why Emma drop it.

I don't think it was a question of dropping it. I'm not sure it was ever going to happen. I doubt it ever got beyond the discussion stage.

And to be perfectly honest. Emma's American accent isn't good enough yet.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was a question of dropping it. I'm not sure it was ever going to happen. I doubt it ever got beyond the discussion stage.

And to be perfectly honest. Emma's American accent isn't good enough yet.

That is a good point. I would much rather Emma wait and get the accent 100% right before she plays a American character instead of rushing into a film before her accent is perfect as a actors reputation can easily be damaged by a dodgy fake accent.

Emma's official site confirmed she was at least in talks for Perks last year. And she said she was hoping to film something during the winter holidays when discussing new projects that she couldn't talk about(MWWM was filmed in November), so it seems like she was strongly considering it. It probably wasn't the DH reshoots that hurt her chances since they finished before Christmas. Maybe she just wanted a break or there just wasn't enough time for her to film her scenes before she went back to Brown again. Though with the filming not even happening now and the other rumored date being May apparently, which around the time Emma wraps up her second year at Brown, it seems strange since she would have been able to film it then. Deathly Hallows 2 doesn't come out until July and she could have squeezed in promotion with no real issue, especially considering what she had to juggled around in November. Though once again it may just be that she wants a break after DH2 comes out and to have the rest of the summer off.

Emma's official site confirmed she was at least in talks for Perks last year. And she said she was hoping to film something during the winter holidays when discussing new projects that she couldn't talk about(MWWM was filmed in November), so it seems like she was strongly considering it. It probably wasn't the DH reshoots that hurt her chances since they finished before Christmas. Maybe she just wanted a break or there just wasn't enough time for her to film her scenes before she went back to Brown again. Though with the filming not even happening now and the other rumored date being May apparently, which around the time Emma wraps up her second year at Brown, it seems strange since she would have been able to film it then. Deathly Hallows 2 doesn't come out until July and she could have squeezed in promotion with no real issue, especially considering what she had to juggled around in November. Though once again it may just be that she wants a break after DH2 comes out and to have the rest of the summer off.

Considering she is studying full time it isn't at all surprising that she doesn't want to work on her holidays. How many of us would be happy to finish a long term at school only to have to go to a different job.

Emma said in several interviews during the latest DH1 promotion that she's definitely finding something for her holidays to do, maybe some good supporting movie roles, maybe stage plays. So it's obvious that she DOES want to do something in summer or winter holidays. If the Perks doesn't take off in May, I don't think it's because Emma needs break. It's more of the production problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a article about Perks being bought by Summit Entertainment.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/01/summit_picks_up_emma_watsons_perks.html

It seems to assume that Emma is still involved in the project but it also says that shooting should begin in June and as far as i know Emma will be very busy with promoting Deathly Hallows Part 2 in June this year.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/01/summit_picks_up_emma_watsons_perks.html

It seems to assume that Emma is still involved in the project but it also says that shooting should begin in June and as far as i know Emma will be very busy with promoting Deathly Hallows Part 2 in June this year.

I saw this article earlier. The media sometimes continue to link Emma to projects that she or her reps denied.

I believe Deathly Hallows Part 2 comes out in July, although she may take that time to do photoshoots and other promotion. I don't think it would be an issue with Emma though, as she managed to juggle DH1 promotion with both the filming of My Week With Marilyn and Brown. The one thing that hurts this rumor is the word from Emma's reps that she has no project in the pipeline.

the movie comes out on JULY 15th, so she has a month & like dan when he was shooting the movie, they gave him a few days to promote harry potter

I saw this article earlier. The media sometimes continue to link Emma to projects that she or her reps denied.

I believe Deathly Hallows Part 2 comes out in July, although she may take that time to do photoshoots and other promotion. I don't think it would be an issue with Emma though, as she managed to juggle DH1 promotion with both the filming of My Week With Marilyn and Brown. The one thing that hurts this rumor is the word from Emma's reps that she has no project in the pipeline.

I was thinking the same thing. It is quite possible that the makers of "Perks" continue to allow people to think Emma is involved in the project because it gives them a lot of free publicity that they would not have gotten if Emma wasn't linked to the project.

If it gives them more publicity they are not going to deny the rumors until they really have to.

The article said 'a formal announcement from the studio could come as early as this week or next'. So we could find if it's true soon.

The DH2 promo will begin for Emma in spring break if I'm not mistaken. She began DH1 promo during her summer break last year so this time will be the same IMO. In July, the only thing that she needs to do is attending the premieres and TV shows. As she had done for HBP & DH1, I think it will only take her two weeks at best. They could film scenes without Sam at that time and continue film Sam scenes when Emma returns so it won't conflict filming at all.

As for the rep words, you know EWO still didn't put MWWM as her project so I won't take it very seriously either LOL. If Emma won't take this project, they will clearly deny it like the Dark Arc rumor since it's all over the internet for months. And John Malkovich and Stephen Chbosky are respectable people, they need publicity of course but I don't think they will take it too far. By saying that, I believe Chbosky won't lie intentionally when he confirmed Emma would be in this film.

I'm waiting the Summit announcement. If it's released officially then everything is done like MWWM.

As for the rep words, you know EWO still didn't put MWWM as her project so I won't take it very seriously either LOL. If Emma won't take this project, they will clearly deny it like the Dark Arc rumor since it's all over the internet for months.

I personally don't think Emma's reps would flat out lie like that. They may occasionally be vague and not answer rumours but i can't see them lying about it as Emma has been rumoured to be involved in this movie for around 8 months now and if that were true then this movie would be in the pipeline (the exact opposite of what her reps said).

I don't say they're lying. What I mean is that their words are VERY vague. Based on previous experience, they will clearly deny it if Emma won't involve in this project anymore. But they didn't do it so it means that at least Emma is still attaching to it. Also, if Emma doesn't finally sign the movie, they will keep saying it's not in the pipeline. But we don't know how things worked since they said that, maybe Emma decided to sign it just in these two days lol.

A movie begining filming in June should start preparation now so whether Emma is participating or not, they will announce something officially soon. If Summit does release a statement next week and Emms is on the cast list, it means she will definitely do the movie despite whatever her reps said. Just like MWWM, we know she'll do it from the production company's news realease but not EWO or her reps.

While My Week With Marilyn wasn't announced by Emma or her reps and it was the press release that confirmed her involvement, neither Emma or her reps denied the rumor before it was announced. They didn't specifically deny her being in Perks, but they did seemingly shoot down any movie rumor by saying she had no projects in the pipeline. We'll know for sure when the press release comes out.

While My Week With Marilyn wasn't announced by Emma or her reps and it was the press release that confirmed her involvement, neither Emma or her reps denied the rumor before it was announced. They didn't specifically deny her being in Perks, but they did seemingly shoot down any movie rumor by saying she had no projects in the pipeline. We'll know for sure when the press release comes out.

Technically it wasn't in the pipeline because it had no funding. I'm still going to wait for official word before I'll become interested, but they wouldn't be lying if she does it.

Technically it wasn't in the pipeline because it had no funding. I'm still going to wait for official word before I'll become interested, but they wouldn't be lying if she does it.

Except if Emma was involved in the project i am sure she was aware of the negotiations and how far they had progressed. The no projects in the pipeline comment was made only a few weeks ago and i think it is more than likely negotiations for the movie funding have been going on longer than that (they may have even been finalised weeks ago for all we know).

@emwatsonsuperfan No

Well Emma said she read the Script of MWWM after a Photoshooting in France and the same Day she called back,that she will take the Role and the Photoshoot was (I believe) end August,begin September

It was not really a Project in Pipeline,since she filmed her Scenes 2 Months later and maybe 1 1/2 Month later after she signed

I knew it could be true,since Snitchseeker told they would ask her Rep's,but didn't tweet about it again.

They would have tweeted it,if this would have been really just a Rumour,like they tweeted last Year something like "The Rumour about Emma and the Dragoon Girl Movie is not true"

Her Rep's are telling always the Truth about Rumours,they must do it and a few Weeks ago they denied all Rumours or they would have written something like about the Dragoon Girl Movie

^Well, sorry don't want to be a party pooper and I hope I'm wrong but I think its been there a long time now so I woouldn't start jumping until its officially confirmed.

Edited by trixie

:whaa: just visited her IMDB profile and it says there that she has the role.She's even casted on the film's profile :ohyeah:

I really hope this is true :P

As mentioned earlier in this topic, IMDB isn't the most credible source. At one point the Perks IMDB page had a random cast added to it with no sources backing up the casting claims.