The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

As mentioned earlier in this topic, IMDB isn't the most credible source. At one point the Perks IMDB page had a random cast added to it with no sources backing up the casting claims.

Plus it was only a week ago where the main character's name was supposedly "Captain Awesome".

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus it was only a week ago where the main character's name was supposedly "Captain Awesome".

I must have missed that one.

I would say IMDB is more reliable when it comes to looking up past projects that already came out, as when something is in pre-production and has a massive casting rumor like this one does, a lot more people are going to try and goof around with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Comingsoon also reported. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74029

Erik Feig, Summit's President of Production, stated, "Every so often you read a book that reminds you what life was really like at a particular age in all its wonderful and terrible details or if you're lucky enough to read it at the right time in your life, it can change the course you're on and make you think things are actually going to be ok. 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' is that book and we are thrilled for the opportunity to turn it into that kind of movie as well. We know we are off to the right start with Stephen directing, with Emma and Logan starring, and with our talented producer team."

This is the official statement that I expected LOL. So all things are done, we can hope Emma's new role. I'm excited :ohyeah:

Comingsoon also reported. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74029

This is the official statement that I expected LOL. So all things are done, we can hope Emma's new role. I'm excited :ohyeah:

I still want to hear her American accent before i get to excited as even though i know she is a great actress i also know that a bad accent can really hurt a actresses performance. In saying that though if Emma can nail the accent i expect she will be very good in this movie.

Also it looks like Emma will be doing a nude scene because from my understanding Sam (Emma's character) does appear topless near the end of the book.

Edited by GingerCat

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that the rumours are true - I'm going to be playing Sam in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" opposite Logan Lerman. Love Em xx

Yeah I seem it on her Facebook I was about to post it.

Edited by Hermione

SO freakin excited about this!!! As sad as I am that Potter will be gone come end of fall :(, I cant wait to see post projects Emma will be doing!! :)

Potter won't be gone. It just won't be in the movies anymore. Emma, Rupert and Dan are all going to continue acting out scenes in Harry Potter in their basements every weekend (they even plan on writing their own scenes and acting them out as well).

Edited by GingerCat
  • 2 weeks later...