The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the book and reading it now. so far its a great book, when is the film coming out?

how are they gonna film it? I mean, SO FAR, it seems like the entire book will be in Charlie's point of view? How are they filming Emma then?

Edited by Rathbone*Grint

^ If i was the director i would keep it all from Charlies POV, and the characters will be added along the way. Thats the way the book is wrote so it should be the same way for the film

Bought the book yesterday, and im currently reading and enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...

I def plan on reading the book too!! :) As for filming, it was my understanding Emma wont start til summer sometime-probably after Potter. But could start filming in May and continue summer. Either way, so excited for a new Emma movie role-first Lucy in MWWM and now Sam in Perks!! :)

I am excited to see how they will film it. I hope Emma has PLENTYYYYYY of screentime!

are they gonna keep her hair like that or make her wear a wig?

Maybe a wig or extension since Sam in the book is described have "long brown hair".

But I don't think appearance like that is important for the charanter development so if the director doesn't mind, she could keep her short hair.

*lol* I don't know what kind of hair Emma has...but growing it from the still short hair she has at the moment to long hair until summer is pretty much impossible. I think she might have a bob-like haircut in the film, if they keep her real hair.

^ Emma wears a wig for My Week with Marilyn as well.

Emma's hair seems to being growing at a rate in which they maybe could simply use her current look, but we'll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

I know!! I saw that too :) It will be fun getting to hear her in an American accent :) She is filming not too far away from where I live-like 2 hours away! Pretty cool! From what I can gather from reading Perks so far-which I am enjoying immensely btw *read it yall!! :)... sounds like she will have a small role but small roles are awesome roles too!!!! :) It is the quality that counts not just quantity. I am looking forward to the day when Emma takes on lead roles again :)

Emma has confirmed in an interview that she will be using an American accent.

but I'm so curious about how well she she speaks with the American accent.The little I've heard haven't been that good but I'm sure she'll sound good,or I don't think they would go for it. The book has a big fanbase afterall.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!

Edited by trixie

Sam is a small role? Is it the same book we read? LOL

She and Patrick are like Hermione and Ron in HP series. It's certainly not small role by any means. Actually Sam is the female lead in Perks.

According to latest Production Weekly, the actors confirmed are, Emma Watson - Logan Lerman - Mae Whitman - Paul Rudd - Nina Dobrev.

Mae Whitman will play Mary Elizabeth, Charlie's first gf and Sam's best freind. Nina Dobrev will play Candace, Charlie's sister. Don't know which role Paul Rudd will play, I guess it will be Bill, Chaelie's English teacher.

Still no news on Patrick and Craig(Sam's bf). I hope they can find proper actors :yesyes:

LOL... from what I have read so far it does not seem that large a role (appearance wise but quality wise YES a HUGE important part), but I guess when you think about it you are right that it is like Hermione role lead. I am really excited to seeing Emma playing in this and hearing the American accent of hers :) The cast seems to be pretty big names!!! Paul Rudd? WOW... I dont read on IMDB alot so to hear that was interesting!!

Edited by cbmac12

Paul Rudd. I can't thing of him as anyone else other than Brian Fantana.

"No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good."

"60% of the time, it works ever time."

"I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater."